Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Infinite Scroll on Mobile

Old 08-25-2015, 08:38 AM
08mojo
Pro

Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Infinite Scroll on Mobile

Does anyone else dislike the infinite scroll as much as I do? There are several reasons why it is much worse:
  1. When reading a thread, it automatically continues on to a 'similar' thread--without you clicking through. This means you have to scroll all the way to the top to get back to the forum section.
  2. If the above happens on a multi-page thread, have fun scrolling!
  3. There is not a good way to go to your first unread post on the mobile site. With the old layout, I could get close by going to the last page I read. With the new system I can do that, but if I don't remember the page and try to get close--I easily get lost because it automatically switches between the thread pages.

I like the idea, but the execution needs more work/development. It is way too hard to navigate threads on the mobile site now. I appreciate the effort to improve the site, but I feel this was a step backwards. Can we go back to the old way?

Thanks for all you do for the community
Old 08-26-2015, 08:28 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My understanding is this has been a shared concern and it's being reviewed. My understanding is the infinite scroll will continue but the way the similar threads are handled may change.

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:45 PM
chetly
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 71 Posts

Total pain in the butt. I have to take 3 extra steps to get back a subforum if I make a post, I can't just scroll to the top and touch it...

Please get rid of the infinate scroll.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:12 AM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Don't like it.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:30 PM
Scoob
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 08mojo
Does anyone else dislike the infinite scroll as much as I do? There are several reasons why it is much worse:
  1. When reading a thread, it automatically continues on to a 'similar' thread--without you clicking through. This means you have to scroll all the way to the top to get back to the forum section.
  2. If the above happens on a multi-page thread, have fun scrolling!
  3. There is not a good way to go to your first unread post on the mobile site. With the old layout, I could get close by going to the last page I read. With the new system I can do that, but if I don't remember the page and try to get close--I easily get lost because it automatically switches between the thread pages.

I like the idea, but the execution needs more work/development. It is way too hard to navigate threads on the mobile site now. I appreciate the effort to improve the site, but I feel this was a step backwards. Can we go back to the old way?

Thanks for all you do for the community
Thank you for typing everything I was going to type. I've tried to master it but can't for the reasons you cited. I, too, would at least like the option to use the old way.
Old 09-02-2015, 11:14 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The similar thread feature, as I said, will get modified due to the feedback provided here.

However, with software, it is not really simple, and sometimes not possible, to make all sorts of options available. Not only does that complicate the software, but the process for current and future revisions when you have X more amount of code and features to support and work around.

Originally Posted by Scoob
Thank you for typing everything I was going to type. I've tried to master it but can't for the reasons you cited. I, too, would at least like the option to use the old way.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:20 PM
BayouCountry
Race Director

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

I turned it off but it still messes up on my iPhone. If I scroll to the bottom then scroll up to read a thread it jumps me to prior pages. It seems like the line count is not calculating correctly.
Old 08-26-2018, 05:03 PM
Duntov
Drifting

Received 81 Likes on 60 Posts

I can deal with infinite scroll, but related threads is a WTF moment. I’m looking at one thing and then now on something else. I turned both off just now from the edit sections of my profile and hopefully things will be better. For a while I thought I was clicking on odd things or losing my sanity.

Get notified of new replies

To Infinite Scroll on Mobile

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Infinite Scroll on Mobile