Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Editing Details in UserCP

Old 10-03-2015, 11:29 AM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default Editing Details in UserCP

So I wanted to make a change to my "Details" in UserCP. I made the change and I got an error message that said "A required field called Country of Residence is missing or has an invalid value."

I had not filled this field out at any time before (it's currently blank) and it doesn't like "US", "USA", or "United States" There is no pull-down menu for selecting a country name. So what needs to be there and why is it a required field if reasonable values are entered and not accepted?
Old 10-03-2015, 03:05 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What browser are you using?

The field selections appear to display correctly for me in Firefox, as shown. This is a simple drop-down selection, so my suggestion would be trying to clear your cache.

Yes, it's new and is required so that IB complies with your country's laws.

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
So I wanted to make a change to my "Details" in UserCP. I made the change and I got an error message that said "A required field called Country of Residence is missing or has an invalid value."

I had not filled this field out at any time before (it's currently blank) and it doesn't like "US", "USA", or "United States" There is no pull-down menu for selecting a country name. So what needs to be there and why is it a required field if reasonable values are entered and not accepted?
Attached Images  
Old 10-03-2015, 03:39 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 475 Likes on 422 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by J T
What browser are you using?

The field selections appear to display correctly for me in Firefox, as shown. This is a simple drop-down selection, so my suggestion would be trying to clear your cache.

Yes, it's new and is required so that IB complies with your country's laws.
Cleared cache and nothing changed. I closed FF and re-started it. In the image you posted, it looks like there is more text in the "Country" box compared to what I see. All I see is "Country" as a box label with no drop down feature.

I'm using FireFox 41.01 which I believe is the current version.

Last edited by c4cruiser; 10-03-2015 at 03:43 PM. Reason: Edit: Got it!! restart of FF worked.
Old 10-07-2015, 06:14 AM
SHILL123
Intermediate

Default Can you change user name?

Is there away to change your username?
Old 10-07-2015, 10:39 AM
J T
IB Staff

Only Administrators can change usernames. You need to contact an Administrator. You can either reply here and I'll change it or send me a PM.

Also, because CorvetteForum is over 15 years old and largely active, most common usernames are already taken.

Originally Posted by Steven Hill
Is there away to change your username?

Get notified of new replies

To Editing Details in UserCP

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Editing Details in UserCP