Page error and needs to reload on ipads

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2015, 10:22 PM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15
Default Page error and needs to reload on ipads

I've been having issues with both my iPads (iPad 4 and Mini) when viewing this site. It isn't every time, but quite often. Very slow response times to my swiping, sort of delayed response. Then I get a message that there was an error with the page and it needs to reload. Which it then does only to have the same issues again. Has been happening only within the last 1-2 months? Some pages work, others have the problem. Might have to do with threads containing pictures? No problems with any other website that I visit during this time and accessing the page from my laptop results in. No issues. Mini is fully updated on software, iPad 4 is ready for a minor update.

Not sure what is causing this...anyone else getting these errors or have a solution to fix it?
Old 10-17-2015, 11:45 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Without further details, it's difficult to get answers. You using the browser on the ipad? If so, Safari or? Or the mobile application? What browser plugins, if any, and do you have any 3rd party apps for security?

I'm guessing you're using the browser (Safari). I'm guessing there is a load issue on the processor causing the issue which would explain the delayed in actions. Could be background processes combined with large threads containing pictures, animations, etc.

An error and a page reload message is not coming from CorvetteForum itself but is a message from your browser. We don't push that type of message but your browser is generating that error message.

I'd suggest looking into Apple's support for Safari for solutions. There's a lot of Apple threads online for Safari generating an error and page refresh message.
Originally Posted by imgn tht
I've been having issues with both my iPads (iPad 4 and Mini) when viewing this site. It isn't every time, but quite often. Very slow response times to my swiping, sort of delayed response. Then I get a message that there was an error with the page and it needs to reload. Which it then does only to have the same issues again. Has been happening only within the last 1-2 months? Some pages work, others have the problem. Might have to do with threads containing pictures? No problems with any other website that I visit during this time and accessing the page from my laptop results in. No issues. Mini is fully updated on software, iPad 4 is ready for a minor update.

Not sure what is causing this...anyone else getting these errors or have a solution to fix it?
Old 10-18-2015, 12:27 AM
imgn tht
Melting Slicks

Received 158 Likes on 131 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15

Thanks. I'll check into safari more. Using the browser as you suspected.
Old 10-18-2015, 07:47 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by imgn tht
Thanks. I'll check into safari more. Using the browser as you suspected.
Had the same problem and resetting everything worked. Go to Settings and clear your history and websites, reset network setting, and reset your IPad. Make sure you have all your user names and passwords because they will all get cleared

Get notified of new replies

To Page error and needs to reload on ipads

Quick Reply: Page error and needs to reload on ipads