Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Have we lost the ability to delete posts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 09:58 PM
PartTimeGenius
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Have we lost the ability to delete posts?

I recently made a post before realizing that it probably won't result in the kind of advice that I need, so I decided to delete it. I've done this type of deletion in the recent past, and no one had replied to this one yet, so I was surprised to see that deletion doesn't seem to be an option anymore. Any chance of getting it restored?
Old 10-19-2015, 10:19 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by PartTimeGenius
I recently made a post before realizing that it probably won't result in the kind of advice that I need, so I decided to delete it. I've done this type of deletion in the recent past, and no one had replied to this one yet, so I was surprised to see that deletion doesn't seem to be an option anymore. Any chance of getting it restored?
Posts that start a thread can only be deleted by a moderator or administrator if not deleted in the first couple of minutes. Been that way since I joined the forum 11 years ago.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:32 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Vette_DD is correct. You cannot delete your own post if it's the first post of a thread. Those are different posts from reply posts, which you can delete.

If you want the thread deleted, you can contact a moderator of that section, an Administrator, use the Report Post feature, or post the request here making sure to link to the exact post so I'm not guessing.
Old 10-20-2015, 03:41 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

You can't delete the post but you can delete the wording and replace it with something like "wrong subject" or "sorry, my mistake"
Old 10-20-2015, 05:11 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by ZR-71
You can't delete the post but you can delete the wording and replace it with something like "wrong subject" or "sorry, my mistake"
Actually, you can only edit the title within the post itself. You cannot edit the title that appears on the title page. Only a moderator or administrator can do that.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:59 AM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Actually, you can only edit the title within the post itself. You cannot edit the title that appears on the title page. Only a moderator or administrator can do that.
I meant you can edit the post itself. Wasn't referring to the title
Old 01-10-2016, 10:47 PM
CindysC5
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 62 Posts

I have just requested two of my posts to be deleted and the moderator didn't even say he would. Instead directed me to the Help Section to submit my suggestions in stopping the bullying and ganging up on people that I've already experience as a Newbie. Now it seems to be a sideshow act! I really want these two deleted and it doesn't seem to matter. Not very happy about it at all! Anyone or where else I can go to get this accomplished?
Old 01-10-2016, 11:11 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Use the Report Post function, by clicking on the icon located to the left of the post in question, to report the issue to the Moderator. Then it's up to Moderation as to what action, if any, is required.

This Help section is not the place to discuss moderation, issues with other members or moderators. This is covered under the following Guideline:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...questions.html

More Guidelines:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...nes-and-rules/

Originally Posted by CindysC5
I have just requested two of my posts to be deleted and the moderator didn't even say he would. Instead directed me to the Help Section to submit my suggestions in stopping the bullying and ganging up on people that I've already experience as a Newbie. Now it seems to be a sideshow act! I really want these two deleted and it doesn't seem to matter. Not very happy about it at all! Anyone or where else I can go to get this accomplished?

Get notified of new replies

To Have we lost the ability to delete posts?

Quick Reply: Have we lost the ability to delete posts?