Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Who the heck is charlie2015@wildblue.net ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 07:53 PM
OVR60
Burning Brakes

Received 105 Likes on 91 Posts
Default Who the heck is charlie2015@wildblue.net ?

I received an e mail from this e mail address. The e mail is connected to the Corvette Forum. How did the person get MY e mail. It is not public on the forum ???????? Who are you ?
Anyone get one.

I sent to trash and did not open as I did not recognize the sender as such, and it had for subject fwd:message

I want to report to administrator and don't know how to contact one.
I would like to know how this happened.
After putting that e mail address into search on the corvette forum, some old posts came up and that is how I know this is connected to the forum !!
Looks like someone who sells items....
Hope someone can explain and soon.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:08 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is possible the email didn't actually come from the sender that you're noting as it may have been "spoofed" (faked). Given that it was a FWD email, I'd consider that more likely. Perhaps you have shared your email address with someone in the same group as the person your noting the email coming from. That's a pretty old Internet trick.

Of course without seeing the email that you deleted, there isn't much more that can be said or done.

Originally Posted by OVR60
I received an e mail from this e mail address. The e mail is connected to the Corvette Forum. How did the person get MY e mail. It is not public on the forum ???????? Who are you ?
Anyone get one.

I sent to trash and did not open as I did not recognize the sender as such, and it had for subject fwd:message

I want to report to administrator and don't know how to contact one.
I would like to know how this happened.
After putting that e mail address into search on the corvette forum, some old posts came up and that is how I know this is connected to the forum !!
Looks like someone who sells items....
Hope someone can explain and soon.

Quick Reply: Who the heck is charlie2015@wildblue.net ?