Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Post truncated?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 05:16 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 319 Likes on 205 Posts

Default Post truncated?

Tried to post but it is being truncated?

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 11-21-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 05:51 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It must be, because you don't have enough information for us to try to assist with.

Please provide more information if you want us to be able to assist. Link to specific post, what the content should be, any error messages, etc.

Originally Posted by BOBSZ06
Tried to post but it is being truncated?
Old 11-21-2015, 06:00 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

The information is posted....the post is being truncated.
I copied my info. before posting and sent it via email to my smartphone and tried to paste the post into the editor...ok...checked preview and it was truncated?

What specifically do you need to know. I did not post since it was truncated...I deleted it.

The above seems to have worked! It did not truncate.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1590952347

Trying to post this........oops it truncated here too!!!!!!!!

This was asked months ago when I got my Z06 at my local dealership. One rear tire had tread cracked due to very low temps in Toledo

same truncated again here:

This was asked months ago when I got my Z06 at my local dealership. One rear tire had tread cracked due to very low temps in Toledo

Try again........pasting

Nope

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 11-21-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:10 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by J T
It must be, because you don't have enough information for us to try to assist with.

Please provide more information if you want us to be able to assist. Link to specific post, what the content should be, any error messages, etc.
I can't post the specific content as it will be truncated.

Here it is truncated again.......

I tried to type the information in the post above but it was deleted?
Trying here.......

It will not allow a lengthy sentence to be typed...it gets truncated. I typed above two sentences that don't show up?

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 11-21-2015 at 06:14 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:15 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

It showed up!

I had the less than sign before the 10* and it truncated at that point. I used less than instead and now it is working.

Why?

This was asked months ago when I got my Z06 at my local dealership. One rear tire had tread cracked due to very low temps in Toledo less than 10* and the tire was to be replaced.

The dealer (service manager with 35 years at this dealership and an employee with 15 years at expert tire) worked on getting a replacement tire on but could not using their mounting compound.

They talked to GM Tech Support who said many dealers were having this problem and got this........

"Bob we talked with tech assist this morning, we are ordering a Hunter mounting compound that is used by the person that mounts these tires all the time."

They tried the Hunter compound and got the same disastrous results and after many hours ended up using a piece of rubber hose to seal and get the air to stay in.

The SM now charges $100 per tire to mount these!

Last edited by BOBSZ06; 11-21-2015 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-21-2015, 06:22 PM
J T
IB Staff

That was just a start of the questions.

In order for us to assist, we need to have some sort of information to go on. If the post is being truncated, as you said, just saying that is not enough if we don't know what you're trying to type, what you're using, etc.!

1) Does it have special characters? Like using a < or > sign? Or posting characters in "" quotes?
2) Are you using a computer or phone?
3) If phone, are you using the app from Google Play store or Apple store?
4) If a computer, what message interface are you using? That option is in UserCP, Edit Options and Message Editor Interface.

Apparently, there is something different in the message you're trying to post that is being truncated. Since only you know what you're trying to post, there must be a way you can tell us what it should be.

You also said you're emailing text between devices, which could be an issue on its own or possibly the issue here. It is possible the apps are inserting something, even content you can't see, that is being copied over to CorvetteForum and messing up the message.

I can't post the specific content as it will be truncated.

Here it is truncated again.......

I tried to type the information in the post above but it was deleted?
Old 11-21-2015, 06:27 PM
BOBSZ06
Le Mans Master

Check post above yours...problem solved

Can't use the less than symbol or all words written after it are deleted.
Old 11-21-2015, 08:47 PM
J T
IB Staff

Yes, I was replying the same time you was.

There is now enough information for us to investigate the issue in order to resolve.

Thank-you.

Check post above yours...problem solved

Can't use the less than symbol or all words written after it are deleted.

Get notified of new replies

To Post truncated?

Quick Reply: Post truncated?