Perhaps new thread with virus

Old 01-14-2016, 06:19 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 115 Likes on 96 Posts
Default Perhaps new thread with virus

Any moderator...

The thread started a few minutes ago by "HANNY" (the one about oil fill capacity) activated my anti-virus software. When I opened the topic, I was directed to a suspicious site.

Last edited by GreenGA; 01-14-2016 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:03 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,066 Likes on 6,168 Posts

No problem when I open it. You might be getting a virus notification from a banner ad. If your browser was, in fact, re-directed then your computer may already have a problem.

This is the thread the OP is referencing: Be vErY careful with recomended oil fill capacity

Last edited by Zymurgy; 01-14-2016 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:16 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is no malicious content in either of the 2 posts currently in the thread you referenced.

While it is possible it could have been a rogue ad in the network, it is also possible your browser got infected elsewhere. Just because a redirect occurred on CorvetteForum does not mean the issue originated from CorvetteForum as the browser could have gotten infected prior and only X conditions are causing the redirect.

I would suggest you run anti-malware from a creditable software, such as Malwarebytes.

Additionally, you might want to check to see why your computer allowed malware to get installed in the first place. Any security software you had installed may not have worked.

Originally Posted by GreenGA
Any moderator...

The thread started a few minutes ago by "HANNY" (the one about oil fill capacity) activated my anti-virus software. When I opened the topic, I was directed to a suspicious site.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:27 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
No problem when I open it. You might be getting a virus notification from a banner ad. If your browser was, in fact, re-directed then your computer may already have a problem.

This is the thread the OP is referencing: Be vErY careful with recomended oil fill capacity

I believe you are correct. I tried it again with no issues.

Sorry for the false alarm.
Old 01-14-2016, 08:29 PM
GreenGA
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by J T
There is no malicious content in either of the 2 posts currently in the thread you referenced.

While it is possible it could have been a rogue ad in the network, it is also possible your browser got infected elsewhere. Just because a redirect occurred on CorvetteForum does not mean the issue originated from CorvetteForum as the browser could have gotten infected prior and only X conditions are causing the redirect.

I would suggest you run anti-malware from a creditable software, such as Malwarebytes.

Additionally, you might want to check to see why your computer allowed malware to get installed in the first place. Any security software you had installed may not have worked.
Originally Posted by GreenGA
I believe you are correct. I tried it again with no issues.

Sorry for the false alarm.

I should mention, the anti-virus software on my PC blocked the redirect. It just warned me about the attempt and presented the URL.

Last edited by GreenGA; 01-14-2016 at 08:29 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Perhaps new thread with virus

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Perhaps new thread with virus