Default Pop ups

How do you stop these pop ups on my IPhone only does it on the fourm
Old 06-05-2016, 08:21 PM
jjaaam
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky99
How do you stop these pop ups on my IPhone only does it on the fourm
Amen - would love to hear the answer. I get it ALL the time.
Old 06-05-2016, 08:26 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

You go to the HELP forum and post a thread about them, else you can have a moderator move this thread there.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:38 PM
artvette
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm having the same problem. I email screenshots of the hijacking and I don't think they can get a handle on it. This is the link that goes with it.

ads.loadreviews.com

This has been going on for a month or so for me.
I've about had it with the forum.

I think that along with the hijacking redirects, the forum sanctions some of the less obnoxious pop ups like Allstate and such. Really a pain in the behind with a smart phone.
Old 06-07-2016, 01:04 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where have you emailed screen shots?

Are you using the App or simply using the browser?

I don't recall seeing reports from members about the browser being "hijacked" and "redirected". That would, obviously, generate a lot of complaints and feedback if it were typical. Over the years I've seen a few comments about some "pop ups" (which some aren't truly "pop ups" and those that are have usually been dealt with) but what you describe is another level and I really doubt it's allowed on purpose or even typical. Think about it - CorvetteForum directing traffic away on purpose?

Originally Posted by artvette
I'm having the same problem. I email screenshots of the hijacking and I don't think they can get a handle on it. This is the link that goes with it.

ads.loadreviews.com

I think that along with the hijacking redirects, the forum sanctions some of the less obnoxious pop ups like Allstate and such. Really a pain in the behind with a smart phone.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:53 PM
artvette
Pro

Originally Posted by J T

I don't recall seeing reports from members about the browser being "hijacked" and "redirected". That would, obviously, generate a lot of complaints and feedback if it were typical. Over the years I've seen a few comments about some "pop ups" (which some aren't truly "pop ups" and those that are have usually been dealt with) but what you describe is another level and I really doubt it's allowed on purpose or even typical. Think about it - CorvetteForum directing traffic away on purpose?

I sent screen shots to the moderators. There are all kinds of car related pop ups. Allstate to name one. They don't hijack and you can close the window but annoying though.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:57 PM
artvette
Pro

Originally Posted by J T

If the car related ones aren't sanctioned, then they really have poor website management
Old 06-07-2016, 01:09 PM
J T
IB Staff

Moderators are responsible for making sure members use CorvetteForum for its intended purpose and that they follow the rules. Moderators are not involved with ads, software, servers, etc.

You first said they are hijacking and now you're saying they don't. We need clarification as well as screen captures.

Although the website is free to use by members, the website is not free to run. In exchange for a freely available website, members need to "give back" by way of ads. Ads support this website to keep it free for all members to use. A website as large and active as CorvetteForum costs a decent amount of money and hardware and does not operate on your standard GoDaddy $9.99/month model.

Unless the ad misbehaves (true pop-up, redirect, covers content, malicious code, etc.), ads simply can't be removed just because they are deemed as annoying by some. If you have a complaint that fits the aforementioned "misbehaving", send the screen captures to forumsupport@corvetteforum.com to my attention.

I sent screen shots to the moderators. There are all kinds of car related pop ups. Allstate to name one. They don't hijack and you can close the window but annoying though.

ads.loadreviews.com

Old 06-07-2016, 06:37 PM
artvette
Pro

Originally Posted by J T
Moderators are responsible for making sure members use CorvetteForum for its intended purpose and that they follow the rules. Moderators are not involved with ads, software, servers, etc.

You first said they are hijacking and now you're saying they don't. We need clarification as well as screen captures.

Although the website is free to use by members, the website is not free to run. In exchange for a freely available website, members need to "give back" by way of ads. Ads support this website to keep it free for all members to use. A website as large and active as CorvetteForum costs a decent amount of money and hardware and does not operate on your standard GoDaddy $9.99/month model.

Unless the ad misbehaves (true pop-up, redirect, covers content, malicious code, etc.), ads simply can't be removed just because they are deemed as annoying by some. If you have a complaint that fits the aforementioned "misbehaving", send the screen captures to forumsupport@corvetteforum.com to my attention.

That's the email address I sent the complaint and the screenshots to. I have the emails. The reply i received 5/18/16 said "Thanks, I'll forward to our tech team" There are some pop ups that you can close and others displaying that link that redirect and hold you there. The only way to get out is to close the browser and reopen. This only happens with my iphone. They are ALL true pop ups. Sending now. Ill be interested in your reply. All the ones sent require closing the browser.

By the way, I totally understand the need for advertising as you stated and have no illusion of what it takes to run this site. I don't mind the ads that are there as you scroll and all the flashing ads around the periphery. I'm only talking about the actual pop ups and redirects. If you don't sanction the weaker pop ups, I apologize for assuming you did.

Last edited by artvette; 06-07-2016 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:07 PM
binster
---------
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Any help on this topic? I started getting pop ups recently on my iPad using Safari.

Surprise. Surprise. I got one as I entered this reply

Old 06-09-2016, 06:24 PM
artvette
Pro

J T ,
I sent you about a dozen screen shots. Any comments?
Old 06-13-2016, 04:43 PM
artvette
Pro

J T
I sent you screen shots 6 days ago and have received no reply by email or a post here. Not very reassuring from someone who represents the forum. There are numerous threads complaining about this. Feel free to contact me by email when you resolve these issues. I got hijacked as I was attempting to post this. I'm out of here.

Last edited by artvette; 06-13-2016 at 04:44 PM.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:09 PM
J T
IB Staff

I provide technical assistance to CorvetteForum but I'm not a PR guy. I provided CorvetteForum's Support email address to have them forwarded to me for review and to investigate. I was told you sent over 20 some attachments.

We are investigating the issue. At this moment that is all the information I can provide.

Thank-you.

J T
I sent you screen shots 6 days ago and have received no reply by email or a post here. Not very reassuring from someone who represents the forum. There are numerous threads complaining about this. Feel free to contact me by email when you resolve these issues. I got hijacked as I was attempting to post this. I'm out of here.

Get notified of new replies

To Pop ups

Quick Reply: Pop ups