Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Has something changed

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Vanover
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts
Default Has something changed

Has something changed on how to navigate the forum?it doesn't seem to be as easy to navigate around.or is it just me?
Old 07-05-2016, 07:14 PM
Rico7142
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 340 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16

It does look like something has changed

Last edited by Rico7142; 07-05-2016 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:18 PM
grantv
Le Mans Master

Received 534 Likes on 490 Posts

Weird things for me...
1. Changed itself to non-mobile site on my cell an hour ago.
2. Just now to post this I had to log on for the first time in, well, a year?

Last edited by grantv; 07-05-2016 at 07:19 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Choreo
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

When I logged in today it asked me if I wanted to read a 4 month old Private Message in a separate window - one I had already answered back them.
Old 07-05-2016, 07:42 PM
OUTAKTRL
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 49 Posts

Preferred the older way also
Old 07-05-2016, 07:52 PM
friou
Melting Slicks

Received 767 Likes on 590 Posts

Yup! Something changed. Noticed the box in the upper right that displayed your forum name which gave you access to your info, your posts etc is now gone. Whats up with all that? Well, I liked it the way it was, you know, quick access. Maybe there are positive changes we don't know about yet? Best wishes!
Old 07-05-2016, 08:16 PM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Is the "Thread Starter" tag new as well... No likey...
Old 07-05-2016, 08:40 PM
captaineddie
Pro

Received 79 Likes on 74 Posts

It's definitely different. The log-in and even the homepage have changed.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Pounder
1/4 mile/AutoX
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,081 Likes on 1,634 Posts

I have not seen any change ?????
Old 07-05-2016, 08:48 PM
Kevinl
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

No change to my iPhone either, everything is status quo.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:07 PM
K-Spaz
Team Owner

Location: Central PA. - - My AR15 identifies as a muzzleloader
Received 522 Likes on 387 Posts
I believe in the Beer Fairy

IB4TL

Yea, they did a bunch of updates today. Sorta hosed the number of threads displayed, max number of posts per page is less, menus are WAY bigger and now need to scroll down the page to navigate. Lots of stuff.
Old 07-05-2016, 09:58 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vanover
Has something changed on how to navigate the forum?it doesn't seem to be as easy to navigate around.or is it just me?
Why isn't it as easy to navigate? The forum navigation itself hasn't really changed. The header area did have some misc changes for some misc forum operations but the forum sections themselves hasn't changed. This question is to understand the issue.

Originally Posted by grantv
Weird things for me...
1. Changed itself to non-mobile site on my cell an hour ago.
2. Just now to post this I had to log on for the first time in, well, a year?
Sessions were reset as part of the upgrade. So it was completely normal to have to log back in. This will not continue to repeat itself unless you have a browser cookie issue (which often happens to some after this operation) or didn't use the Remember me option when logging in.

Originally Posted by Choreo
When I logged in today it asked me if I wanted to read a 4 month old Private Message in a separate window - one I had already answered back them.
The software, for years, had a pop-up notification window for new PMs. This feature was globally disabled due to concerns about performance to the server. As part of the new upgrade, this option got re-enabled. This can be disabled, per account, through the UserCP, Edit Options and "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up" if you don't want to see that again for any new PM.

Originally Posted by jptgs1
Is the "Thread Starter" tag new as well... No likey...
Yes, it's new. I recall it being a feature that has been asked before as it helps people viewing a specific thread, especially a long multi-page thread, to easily see who originally started the thread as they continue to participate.
Old 07-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Jeff T.
Race Director

Received 1,090 Likes on 797 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by J T
Why isn't it as easy to navigate? The forum navigation itself hasn't really changed. The header area did have some misc changes for some misc forum operations but the forum sections themselves hasn't changed. This question is to understand the issue.

Sessions were reset as part of the upgrade. So it was completely normal to have to log back in. This will not continue to repeat itself unless you have a browser cookie issue (which often happens to some after this operation) or didn't use the Remember me option when logging in.

The software, for years, had a pop-up notification window for new PMs. This feature was globally disabled due to concerns about performance to the server. As part of the new upgrade, this option got re-enabled. This can be disabled, per account, through the UserCP, Edit Options and "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up" if you don't want to see that again for any new PM.

Yes, it's new. I recall it being a feature that has been asked before as it helps people viewing a specific thread, especially a long multi-page thread, to easily see who originally started the thread as they continue to participate.
How about just "OP"...
Old 07-05-2016, 11:24 PM
8VETTE7
Drifting

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Originally Posted by jptgs1
How about just "OP"...
We couldn't do that. Everyone has been using OP for years. Got to make it different just to be different..............
Old 07-05-2016, 11:50 PM
J T
IB Staff

This isn't about being different. You have to keep in mind that, everyday, people ask about how to use forums like these. From how to post, how to upload pictures, how to change email addresses, what does "bump" mean, what is PM, etc.

OP may be obvious to you and others who have used these forums for years. But it's much less obvious to others.

Originally Posted by 8VETTE7
We couldn't do that. Everyone has been using OP for years. Got to make it different just to be different..............
Old 07-06-2016, 07:06 PM
Vanover
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by J T

As for my ques. I could go to the top left and click on forums and a list of all the forums would pop up.i didn't have to scroll down to what I was looking for.its just a little more than I was use to,it's no big deal just something I'll get use to.and I did have to log back in.
Old 07-07-2016, 02:03 PM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,343 Likes on 1,094 Posts

The "change" that I've noticed, is that there is now a several second "lag time", when I try to quote something and begin my respond to it. I start to type, but nothing appears for a few seconds. Happens sometime when I try to log on....

Get notified of new replies

To Has something changed

Old 07-07-2016, 03:18 PM
J T
IB Staff

Lag time between typing and what appears on the screen is entirely local (computer side). The text you type, before you submit, is not being transmitted across the network or to CorvetteForum. So it is not a network connection issue.

Most likely the CPU on the computer is spiking/pegged because of an element or script (ad, javascript, etc.,).

The Editor was updated. Changing the editor to a more basic one might help for machines that have resource issues.

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
The "change" that I've noticed, is that there is now a several second "lag time", when I try to quote something and begin my respond to it. I start to type, but nothing appears for a few seconds. Happens sometime when I try to log on....
Old 07-07-2016, 03:54 PM
BAMvette
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

Corvette Forum is not displaying correctly on my Kindle today.

I've done a hard reset and cleared cookies, then logged in to CF again.
I've also requested the desktop site (which I normally use) rather than the mobile site.

No luck.

Any advice?

Last edited by BAMvette; 07-07-2016 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 04:30 PM
J T
IB Staff

Please attach a screen capture to provide the information as to how it's not displaying correctly.

Originally Posted by BAMvette
Corvette Forum is not displaying correctly on my Kindle today.

I've done a hard reset and cleared cookies, then logged in to CF again.
I've also requested the desktop site (which I normally use) rather than the mobile site.

No luck.

Any advice?

Quick Reply: Has something changed