C6 Snowboarder
Race Director

Received 684 Likes on 372 Posts

George is getting upset here too. 4 x today
Old 07-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Swany00
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

If IB needs internet engineers to help with this logging in/out issue when you leave, let me know, I have connections in the tech space. The constant logging in and out is really annoying. 2x yesterday and 2x today
Old 07-08-2016, 02:41 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you cleared your browser's cookies? That is the fix. I haven't had to log in since yesterday afternoon, which is the last time the sessions were reset.

If you continue to have to log in, it's one of the following:

1) Corrupt browser cookie. This is fairly common and because websites use numerous cookies, the issue will generally only occur on one site at a time. The solution is to remove all cookies. Logging out does not clear all cookies.

2) You're not using the Remember Me option when logging in.

3) Your browser is set to remove browser cookies upon exit. This could be for all sites or all sites not marked as favorite/bookmarked.

4) You're running a 3rd party software that is removing cookies.

5) You're logging out.

Again, this is an issue local to your computer. Yes, there was atleast 2 session resets as part of the upgrade. The last was yesterday. This means everyone would have to log back in again. This also seems to be the time when some have issues with continuously logging in until they clear their cookies in their browser.

Please follow the suggestions above and the issue will be fixed. Continuously being logging out is a classic sign of a corrupt browser cookie.

Originally Posted by Swany00
If IB needs internet engineers to help with this logging in/out issue when you leave, let me know, I have connections in the tech space. The constant logging in and out is really annoying. 2x yesterday and 2x today
Old 07-08-2016, 02:44 PM
J T
IB Staff

It doesn't work that easy. The session table had to be reset. No matter what time that's done, everyone has to log back in again after that. So if it's done at 3AM or 3PM, the result is still the same as everyone has to log back in again after that point.

Originally Posted by c4cruiser
Had to log in 3 times in the space of about 2 hours for me. Seems to me that if the IB tech folks need to do some updates, it might make sense to do them at some point at night or very early AM.

If members have to log in a number of times because of updates, why not do the work at night so that users only have to log in once?
Old 07-08-2016, 03:57 PM
jmc12
Team Owner

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

No problem today..
Old 07-08-2016, 08:14 PM
The JOe
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12

Lost login 3 times today
Old 07-09-2016, 03:13 PM
J T
IB Staff

Did you follow the information I posted prior to your reply?

Let me copy/paste it again. The information is still the same. If you want it fixed, follow the information. It's very simple.

If you continue to have to log in, it's one of the following:

1) Corrupt browser cookie. This is fairly common and because websites use numerous cookies, the issue will generally only occur on one site at a time. The solution is to remove all cookies. Logging out does not clear all cookies.

2) You're not using the Remember Me option when logging in.

3) Your browser is set to remove browser cookies upon exit. This could be for all sites or all sites not marked as favorite/bookmarked.

4) You're running a 3rd party software that is removing cookies.

5) You're logging out.

Originally Posted by The JOe
Lost login 3 times today

Quick Reply: Password and user name