Problems with signing in...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2016, 03:32 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Default Problems with signing in...

Administraters.
Everytime I come on this site I now have to sign in with name and password, and yes I am clicking the remember me box...Also the site won't take my password/ user name a lot of times...I have to try 3 or 4 times to get onto the site...Thanks WW7
Old 07-15-2016, 03:41 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you continue to have to log in, it's one of the following:

1) Corrupt browser cookie. This is fairly common and because websites use numerous cookies, the issue will generally only occur on one site at a time. The solution is to remove all cookies. Logging out does not clear all cookies.

2) You're not using the Remember Me option when logging in.

3) Your browser is set to remove browser cookies upon exit. This could be for all sites or all sites not marked as favorite/bookmarked.

4) You're running a 3rd party software that is removing cookies.

5) You're logging out.

Issue is likely the 1st one. You need to remove all cookies. Logging out does not clear cookies. Each website typically uses several cookies so this issue usually only happens on one site at one time.

Lastly, you didn't say if you're getting a wrong username/password or simply getting redirected back to the login. If the latter, it's outlined above. If the former, where you get an invalid username/password error, then you are entering in the wrong username and/or password. It is a simple lookup calculation and the server does not make that type of error.

Originally Posted by WW7
Administraters.
Everytime I come on this site I now have to sign in with name and password, and yes I am clicking the remember me box...Also the site won't take my password/ user name a lot of times...I have to try 3 or 4 times to get onto the site...Thanks WW7

Quick Reply: Problems with signing in...