Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

forum issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 10:51 PM
friou
Melting Slicks

Received 767 Likes on 590 Posts
Default forum issues

Well, I don't quite know whats going on with the forum, but in my humble opinion, its a PIA, certainly not as good as it was. Have to constantly log in even though box was checked. Over on "community" on the right hand side of the page, even though I signed on to the C5 section, all I get are the "parts and accessories" for the various generations. I would certainly like to see it revert to the previous format. I thought it was efficient and easy to use. Any thoughts by other members?
Old 07-29-2016, 11:11 PM
Darrell98
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I agree,I'm not a fan of the latest and greatest. Let's return to something that worked.
Old 07-29-2016, 11:48 PM
8VETTE7
Drifting

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,613 Posts

Name:  ib4tlvette.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  632.5 KB

It will happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-30-2016, 09:23 AM
TXGS507
Race Director

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Says the guy that has been here since Jan 16....

Originally Posted by friou
Well, I don't quite know whats going on with the forum, but in my humble opinion, its a PIA, certainly not as good as it was. Have to constantly log in even though box was checked. Over on "community" on the right hand side of the page, even though I signed on to the C5 section, all I get are the "parts and accessories" for the various generations. I would certainly like to see it revert to the previous format. I thought it was efficient and easy to use. Any thoughts by other members?
Old 07-30-2016, 09:53 AM
oh1vette
Safety Car

Received 153 Likes on 117 Posts

Its like everything else in life - can't please all the people all the time...

CF is still the premiere corvette forum on the interwebs....and free!

The one more click to sign in, assuming your browser can save passwords...and the Community works the same for me as always - I get all the sections only for C5....
Old 07-30-2016, 10:10 AM
friou
Melting Slicks

Received 767 Likes on 590 Posts

Good morning! Certainly not trying to upset anyone. Just pointing out the change in my forum experience. Simply not as good as it was prior to the change. Don't get me wrong, love the forum and the information and banter provided by the members. I'm speaking simply of the mechanics of the recent change as seen from my point of view and wondering if other members are experiencing the same. Simply not as user friendly or convenient. Its just a bit more difficult to use. I would think the administrators of the site and members of the forum would welcome feedback, positive or negative, to continually improve the forum experience. Please don't take my comments as a personal insult, my motives are well intentioned. Everyone have a good one!
Old 07-30-2016, 10:39 AM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Yes, if you're having problems with the forum, discuss it with JT in the HELP forum.
Old 07-30-2016, 05:05 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CorvetteForum didn't change formats. You're seeing Parts only links on the right, and having to log in over and over, because you either have a corrupt browser cookie, your browser is deleting cookies upon exit, you're deleting cookies manually or you have 3rd party "clean-up" software removing browser cookies.

In short, and to recap, both your two issues are specifically browser cookie related.

See the following link - especially the Troubleshooting section:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...style-faq.html

Get notified of new replies

To forum issues

Quick Reply: forum issues