Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Can't post with Firefox

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 05:45 PM
ProCycle
Racer

Received 96 Likes on 63 Posts

Default Can't post with Firefox

Yeah. A couple weeks ago I was unable to use any smileys. Now I can't even make or edit a post using Firefox. I have no problem logging in or navigation around the site, reading other posts, etc. When I try to post I can enter text and it looks fine but when I submit I get this error message:
The following errors occurred with your submission:
  1. The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.
I am having to resort to posting with Microsoft IE -
I have made sure I have the latest version of Firefox. Computer has been restarted, etc.
Anybody have any ideas?
Old 08-14-2016, 05:57 PM
C5 Hardtop
Race Director

Received 272 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCycle
Anybody have any ideas?
Make sure nothing is blocking Javascript from running, which includes nothing blocking yahoo or other CDN sites to pull javascript source from. Disabling AdBlock to see if that works around the problem would get you closer to fixing it. AdBlock could be interfering.
Old 08-14-2016, 06:22 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use nothing but Firefox and I have no such issue. We do have some Firefox users on this site who have not reported such a message.

As C5 Hardtop stated, you are likely using a plugin that is blocking, are you are blocking through some other form, javascript to not only get that message error but to have troubles with the smilies as they are both working from your browser's javascript.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:27 PM
ProCycle
Racer

Yeah, I get that there are lots of users running Firefox with no problems. Heck, it worked fine for me a few weeks ago.

I do use 'NoScript' to cut down on the annoying advertising that comes from everywhere but even with NoScript completely disabled I can't post.

Looking through my extensions and add-ons there really isn't anything else that would block javascript.

Last edited by ProCycle; 08-14-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:41 PM
J T
IB Staff

NoScript blocks javascripts. Although you said you disabled it, not all plugins behave correctly in that manner. I hace seen this first hand. I suspect that's your problem, although you said you have more extensions so the problem could be there as well.

Might try Firefox in Safe Mode. Since it works in IE that indicates less likely of being 3rd part security software and most likely with Firefox - namely the plugins that alter the functionality and design of websites.

We can't support using plugins that are designed to alter the functionality and/or appearance of the site.

Originally Posted by ProCycle
Yeah, I get that there are lots of users running Firefox with no problems. Heck, it worked fine for me a few weeks ago.

I do use 'NoScript' to cut down on the annoying advertising that comes from everywhere but even with NoScript completely disabled I can't post.

Looking through my extensions and add-ons there really isn't anything else that would block javascript.
Old 08-14-2016, 07:50 PM
ProCycle
Racer

OK, I figured it out.
So instead of saying 'disabled' I should have said with NoScript set so that all scripts from corvetteforum are allowed globally. Even with the 'allow globally' setting NoScript was still blocking 'ajax.googleapis.com' probably from having to disallow it from some site. Anyway with ajax allowed I can use Firefox for posting again.
Thanks for getting me pointed in the right direction.

(this reply made with Firefox)

Last edited by ProCycle; 08-14-2016 at 07:51 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 04:48 PM
John McGraw
Safety Car

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

I loaded yes script add-on for my Firefox and configured it to block all scripts on www.corvetteforum.com, and all my problems went away. I can still post fine and those annoying banner ads are all gone from the top of every page.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 08-24-2016, 04:53 PM
J T
IB Staff

While CorvetteForum is free to access and use, it is not free to operate the volume of traffic and content that CorvetteForum has. No $9.99/month host could keep CorvetteForum online. Ads help to pay these bills, support continued software and hardware upgrades and also turn profit for the company that owns CorvetteForum.

When we're aware of issues with ads, we try to address them. It may not be easy or quick, due to the way it's setup, but the team does try to resolve those issues.

The issue you posted about in another thread, which have nothing to do with this thread, for a script issue is being investigated as it was just brought to our attention today.

We can't support using 3rd party software that alters the appearance or functionality of the website. Nor can we support doing so while keeping CorvetteForum free to use and access but not free to operate.

Originally Posted by John McGraw
I loaded yes script add-on for my Firefox and configured it to block all scripts on www.corvetteforum.com, and all my problems went away. I can still post fine and those annoying banner ads are all gone from the top of every page.

Regards, John McGraw

Get notified of new replies

To Can't post with Firefox

Quick Reply: Can't post with Firefox