Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 06:15 PM
DOOKEY
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
There's the PM system to contact people. Ask Administrator Savewave:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-savewave.html

I'm sure Moderators would ask if members could have a civilized conversation about the subject. While CorvetteForum is free to use, it is not free to operate. Ads pay the bills and also Internet Brands is a for-profit business.

Moderators enforce the set rules. Moderators are not involved with advertising. So your questions are probably best addressed by Administrator Savewave as posted above.

Thank you. I'm a manufacturer in the off road world and there it is much different. Vendors don't have the rights to barge into every section. There are for sale sections for a reason. That system works. We know exactly where to go to search for products when we want to buy.

When people want to purchase something they go look for it in the vendors forums. I'm not saying it is 100% correct. So far... for me... it is just different. But it doesn't seem like I am alone in that feeling. So it is worth some discussion. I appreciate you letting me know who to contact.
Old 08-17-2016, 06:40 PM
ccz
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by DOOKEY
Thank you. I'm a manufacturer in the off road world and there it is much different. Vendors don't have the rights to barge into every section. There are for sale sections for a reason. That system works. We know exactly where to go to search for products when we want to buy.

When people want to purchase something they go look for it in the vendors forums. I'm not saying it is 100% correct. So far... for me... it is just different. But it doesn't seem like I am alone in that feeling. So it is worth some discussion. I appreciate you letting me know who to contact.
Same thing. I am a vendor in the Gun World. While I no longer advertise (I have enough business to keep me busy without advertising), it was like you say. We couldn't post anywhere but the vendor section. Which made everyone happy. Once you get one person posting in a section other then the Vendor section it just turns into a Vendor forum. 50 posts on page 1, 43 of them are vendor posts , 7 of them are genuine posts. That gets old fast and then the forum disappears.
Old 08-18-2016, 12:47 PM
simplegto
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 69 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14

Originally Posted by sevinn
Use chrome or Firefox and install ublock origin.
That was a big help, thanks.
Old 09-06-2016, 02:12 AM
ed209
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

these message forums are really full of frustration these days
Old 09-06-2016, 10:49 AM
DOOKEY
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by ed209
these message forums are really full of frustration these days
This forum will eventually go away. Social Media is winning in all areas of online connectivity. Unfortunately, most places won't notice it until it is dead and bloated.

The forum administrators need to step up and make this place nice for the users. Without users here the vendors have zero reason to buy their expensive yearly membership.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:17 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Look at the member's account that you're replying to and do a search. The member made a lot of one-liner posts to likely try and achieve full access.

That said, Administrator Jim (SaveWave) has set rules about Vendors' posts. When it's brought to his attention, he takes the appropriate response if the rules aren't followed.

The forums are free for members to access and use, but it's far from free to operate. This website could not run on a $9.99/month host due to content and activity. Far from it. Vendors help pay those bills to keep the site free for members to access despite it's not free to operate.

Additionally, the Ad team believes they found the source of the pop-up ads that would appear on Android-only devices that also was part of this multi-purpose thread. Feedback suggests that has been resolved, for the most part.

I think this thread, which had no activity for nearly 30 days until a member "spammed" the forum and dragged this back up top, has finished its purpose.

Originally Posted by DOOKEY
This forum will eventually go away. Social Media is winning in all areas of online connectivity. Unfortunately, most places won't notice it until it is dead and bloated.

The forum administrators need to step up and make this place nice for the users. Without users here the vendors have zero reason to buy their expensive yearly membership.

Quick Reply: Forum becoming unusable...