Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

deleting old posts

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 06:35 PM
oldpainter
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 76 Posts

Default deleting old posts

I've been trying to delete old posts in my control panel and just can't find a way. I think all the posts I replied to are still there, is it important to clean them out, now and then, or just let them add up? I don't have too many, 250 plus .... its rainy here and I'm little bored.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:52 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

no reason unless you just want to
Old 09-24-2016, 07:42 PM
oldpainter
Pro

Originally Posted by pewter99
no reason unless you just want to
Thanks' I was just cleaning out unwanted items on the computer and thought these would good source. If they won't hurt, I'll just leave them...so, CF members with thousands of posts just let them pile up?
Old 09-24-2016, 07:45 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can't delete old posts. You can delete the links to those posts that are shown in Subscription section of the UserCP. But if you do so, you will delete the Subscription - meaning you won't get notified or easily see if any received recent replies.

No, there is no need to delete them.

Originally Posted by oldpainter
I've been trying to delete old posts in my control panel and just can't find a way. I think all the posts I replied to are still there, is it important to clean them out, now and then, or just let them add up? I don't have too many, 250 plus .... its rainy here and I'm little bored.
Old 09-24-2016, 07:47 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It is not connected to your computer. It's stored on your account in the database on CorvetteForum's servers.

Not everyone has them. And 50 posts doesn't mean 50 subscriptions because Subscriptions can be changed per post.

Some members don't use Subscriptions. If you don't use Subscriptions, you don't have those posts listed in the Subscriptions of the UserCP.

Originally Posted by oldpainter
Thanks' I was just cleaning out unwanted items on the computer and thought these would good source. If they won't hurt, I'll just leave them...so, CF members with thousands of posts just let them pile up?
Old 09-24-2016, 07:57 PM
oldpainter
Pro

Originally Posted by J T
It is not connected to your computer. It's stored on your account in the database on CorvetteForum's servers.

Not everyone has them. And 50 posts doesn't mean 50 subscriptions because Subscriptions can be changed per post.

Some members don't use Subscriptions. If you don't use Subscriptions, you don't have those posts listed in the Subscriptions of the UserCP.
Thanks, you guys........

Get notified of new replies

To deleting old posts

Quick Reply: deleting old posts