HiJack ads...

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 08:23 PM
dr_whigham
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default HiJack ads...

Surprised to not see anything here...

As some know, I'm a mod on LS1Tech and we're battling the same demons right now. Seems to be all IB related though, as other forums outside of IB don't have the issues.

Admin guys this is for you...

So to sum it up, essentially what's happening is a pop-up is completely taking over your device, be it a laptop, desk top, or mobile device and completely killing the page you HAD. You can't click back, nothing. You have to close the page and start over.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:40 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know there's a running thread over there but in regard to CorvetteForum you're saying it's occurring here on CorvetteForum? When did this reoccur for you on CorvetteForum?

Yes, there hasn't been any reported issues here on this subject since the last round over a month or two ago. The team believed the issue was resolved, and it appeared it had been for CorvetteForum, after identifying the common partners across the selected sites reporting the issue. I know some reported the issue later on the other site, but the issue hadn't been reported here for quite some time.

And it occurs on a desktop/laptop? That's actually news to me. This was an issue specific to mobile devices using the mobile theme - such as what you're showing in your screen capture. Or are you using the mobile theme on the desktop/laptop, too?

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Surprised to not see anything here...

As some know, I'm a mod on LS1Tech and we're battling the same demons right now. Seems to be all IB related though, as other forums outside of IB don't have the issues.

Admin guys this is for you...

So to sum it up, essentially what's happening is a pop-up is completely taking over your device, be it a laptop, desk top, or mobile device and completely killing the page you HAD. You can't click back, nothing. You have to close the page and start over.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:14 PM
The Creeper
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts

It just happened to me a few minutes ago. This problem seem to be isolated to my iPad. It is very annoying I hope you can resolve it.
Old 11-18-2016, 09:14 PM
dr_whigham
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks for the reply

This was on my iPhone, but set to the desktop theme.
We've had or issues desktop/laptop as well.
Yes this happened HERE, at 7:18 pm central time.
Old 11-18-2016, 10:55 PM
Arkyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Just happened to me here. It has been happening to me on both IB forums including one I pay money for to reduce ads.......it is going to get worse until these junk ad streams are shut off.

Edit* it happened today using my Nexus 6 on the full website in chrome.

Last edited by Arkyvette; 11-18-2016 at 10:58 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 01:42 AM
rdricks
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I have also had the issue multiple times. Using an iPad to browse.

Get notified of new replies

To HiJack ads...

Quick Reply: HiJack ads...