Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 02:50 PM
raff
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Default Disappearing posts

Don't know if it's just me ---

Some of my recent posts do not appear if I select "my posts" or "my recent posts" from the drop down menu in the upper right.
They are also missing if I look in my profile for recent posts.
This must have just happened -- last night they were still visible

However, if I go to the threads where the posts were made --they appear just as they should.

Anyone -- any ideas?
Old 12-14-2016, 10:28 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have a link to a specific post that's missing from the index? This thread of yours is in the index. Last one is a few days ago. Even Google, who crawls this site, isn't showing anything recent under your account besides this thread.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:43 AM
raff
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Originally Posted by J T
Do you have a link to a specific post that's missing from the index? This thread of yours is in the index. Last one is a few days ago. Even Google, who crawls this site, isn't showing anything recent under your account besides this thread.
This one's from 12/11 posts #7 and 17
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...nizations.html

From 12/13 - post #5
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...estero-fl.html

Thanks for the help.

Last edited by raff; 12-17-2016 at 12:02 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:41 PM
8VETTE7
Drifting

Received 1,818 Likes on 1,613 Posts

I'm having the same problem with seeing all the threads with my posts when I select "My Recent Topics" for the last week. One day I see 20 and the next time I am on I will see only 4 and the next time I will be back to 20 or some other number. I understand that posts older than a week should drop off the list but I never know what I will see when I look for the threads with my posts.

Here is at least one that I posted on the 26th that is NOT in my list this afternoon 12/19/16 and I feel it should be:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...car-moves.html

Last post in the thread as of 5:41PM MST 12/19/16.

What is going on??????????????

Last edited by 8VETTE7; 12-19-2016 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Sp
Old 12-20-2016, 11:34 AM
Apocolips
Drifting

Received 267 Likes on 134 Posts

I'm having the same issue. A threat that I replied to disappeared and a threat that I started last week is completely gone. It is missing from the drop down "My Recent Topics" list and cannot be found using the search tool. I have also just discovered that my most recent "Private Messages" folder is missing several contacts that I had made concerning the missing thread. What's going on???
Old 12-20-2016, 11:58 AM
J T
IB Staff

Well, we don't tolerate "threats" so that's why those disappeared

We are investigating the issue with posts not showing up in the Search engine. It's important to note that posts themselves are not missing. This is not a data loss issue. It's merely the Search index is not always providing all results. The Search Engine is a separate service from the content itself.

Lastly, regarding your report about PM content, that would be completely different from this issue. Again, the Search engine is a seperate service from the actual content and there is no data loss issue.

No others have reported such an issue and only you (or anyone who has your password) has the ability to manage your PM content.

Originally Posted by Apocolips
I'm having the same issue. A threat that I replied to disappeared and a threat that I started last week is completely gone. It is missing from the drop down "My Recent Topics" list and cannot be found using the search tool. I have also just discovered that my most recent "Private Messages" folder is missing several contacts that I had made concerning the missing thread. What's going on???
Old 12-20-2016, 12:27 PM
Apocolips
Drifting

Thanks J T. I wasn't sure if I violated some rule about posting a VIN of a car I don't own. As far as the PM's there was nothing other than the other member's I.D. that was important. Also, I promise not to issue any more "threats" on the site.
Old 12-20-2016, 12:47 PM
J T
IB Staff

Sometimes we will use the option that deletes a person's sent PMs when we discover the person is operating a phishing operation. Doing so means that all copies of the PM is removed from the recipients inbox. This protects anyone else who may have received the PM as, generally, the offender sends the message to multiple people to try and find someone to scam.

That's about the only possibility where CorvetteForum can manage a PM content that might directly relate to members. Otherwise the PMs are not managed.

If the above doesn't apply, then perhaps someone else has access to your account. We have no reports of data loss, and if there was, it would like be quite wide spread. This issue with the Search Engine is not due to any data loss, but rather an issue with how it operates with the content available.

Originally Posted by Apocolips
Thanks J T. I wasn't sure if I violated some rule about posting a VIN of a car I don't own. As far as the PM's there was nothing other than the other member's I.D. that was important. Also, I promise not to issue any more "threats" on the site.
Old 12-20-2016, 02:17 PM
Apocolips
Drifting

I think that I will try and change my password. If someone has access to my log in that should correct the problem. I can't imagine why someone would hack my information though, there's nothing anyone can use to benefit themselves. I have not entered into any threads that would upset anyone either. I'll give it a try.

Get notified of new replies

To Disappearing posts