Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

PRC spam/popup

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 05:34 PM
newchevyman
Instructor

Received 155 Likes on 67 Posts

This happens to me as well and it's very annoying. Also happens to me on LS1tech and VWvortex. I use CF and techs mobile view on Chrome and VWvortex full site also on Chrome all on my phone and they are the only sites that do this. Tried Googling the specific malware sites and no results. Sigh.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:52 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LS1Tech and CorvetteForum, two sites you listed, are both owned by Internet Brands.

VWvortex, which you also listed as having the problem, is not owned by Internet Brands and is not affiliated with Internet Brands.

Sounds to me you have a different issues and possible malware/virus on your devices.

Originally Posted by newchevyman
This happens to me as well and it's very annoying. Also happens to me on LS1tech and VWvortex. I use CF and techs mobile view on Chrome and VWvortex full site also on Chrome all on my phone and they are the only sites that do this. Tried Googling the specific malware sites and no results. Sigh.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:31 AM
Peva
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm finding that occasionally something will cause new windows that I open in CF to open from the Mobile view site, and when that happens, I get the pop ups. I have to wonder if some of those that are stating that they get the pop ups when on the Full view site are also getting hi-jacked to the Mobile view site, and they don't realize that because once the pop up happens in a window, you can't tell which site that window was using - IOW, it may be that the pop up can only happen from the Mobile site, but the second part of the problem is that whatever the flaw is in CF that allows the pop ups in the Mobile view site is also capable of switching from your Full site setting to the Mobile view.

Quick Reply: PRC spam/popup