Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Parse errors on iphone and i pad

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 11:38 PM
rberman999
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Parse errors on iphone and i pad

Ever since the last apple iPhone software update I can't access the Corvette forum with either my iPad or iPhone. I can see recent forum activity but can't view any threads. I just keep getting the Parse error message. Any idea on how I can get this fixed?

Thanks,
Russ Berman

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Last edited by rberman999; 01-21-2017 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Miss spelled
Old 01-21-2017, 12:19 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Corbett forum?

Originally Posted by rberman999
Ever since the last apple iPhone software update I can't access the Corbett forum with either my iPad or iPhone. I can see recent forum activity but can't view any threads. I just keep getting the Parse error message. Any idea on how I can get this fixed?

Thanks,
Russ Berman

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup
Old 01-21-2017, 08:24 AM
rberman999
Racer

Hi,

Roughly since the last apple iPhone software update I can't access the Corvette forum with either my iPad or iPhone. I can see recent forum activity (can see thread titles) but can't view any threads. I just keep getting the "Parse error" message. I can also switch back and forth between forums and see the thread list titles but again can't view threads. Any idea on how I can get this fixed? I was thinking about a re-install of the mobile app but I can't find where to download it (not in apple app store, it's been so long since I loaded it on my phone I forget where I loaded it from). Again this all started roughly with the last apple software update, first issue started with the links in threads, if I tried clicking on those I'd get a different error message, now the latest issue is the Parse error message. Just prior to the Parse error message I got a notification the app was using an outdated plug in. I'm not a software engineer or anything link that, I just need help getting the Corvette Forum back. Am I the only person facing this problem or are others?

Thanks,
Russ Berman
Old 01-21-2017, 03:39 PM
J T
IB Staff

It's the Garage Talk app.

I'd try uninstalling and reinstalling. This is the first I've heard of this issue in some time.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:00 PM
rberman999
Racer

Default I can't find the app in the apple App Store.

Hi JT,

thanks for replying. I thought of deleting the app and reinstalling it but I can't find it in the Apple App Store. I don't want to delete it and then not be able to reinstall the app. Also I'm not sure why the app would be corrupted across two different devices. Both the iPhone and iPad behave the same. Anyway can you direct me where to download the IB AutoGroup app?

Thanks,
Russ Berman
Old 01-22-2017, 08:33 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

Use the garage talk app. While I don't like the format it works better.
Old 01-22-2017, 08:48 PM
J T
IB Staff

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id964719306

I believe you're using the old app which may be why it's not working.

Hi JT,

thanks for replying. I thought of deleting the app and reinstalling it but I can't find it in the Apple App Store. I don't want to delete it and then not be able to reinstall the app. Also I'm not sure why the app would be corrupted across two different devices. Both the iPhone and iPad behave the same. Anyway can you direct me where to download the IB AutoGroup app?

Thanks,
Russ Berman
Old 01-24-2017, 08:54 AM
rberman999
Racer

Default Thanks

I'd like to thank both dt86 and JT for pointing me in the correct direction for the "new" app (garage talk). I have it working but I agree with dt86 the new app is no where as good as the old app. To bad as the IB AutoGroup app is far superior to the Garage Tslk app. Again, thanks for the help. Russ
Old 01-24-2017, 04:14 PM
Dt86
Safety Car

Received 482 Likes on 342 Posts

I'd like to thank both dt86 and JT for pointing me in the correct direction for the "new" app (garage talk). I have it working but I agree with dt86 the new app is no where as good as the old app. To bad as the IB AutoGroup app is far superior to the Garage Tslk app. Again, thanks for the help. Russ
You're welcome Russ!

Last edited by Dt86; 01-24-2017 at 04:15 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Parse errors on iphone and i pad

Quick Reply: Parse errors on iphone and i pad