Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

How can get this stupid popup to go away

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 12:31 PM
K7MXE
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default How can get this stupid popup to go away

How can I get this post your question popup to go away that is on the right side of the screen and make it go away forever
Old 02-02-2017, 03:41 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,820 Likes on 2,065 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

I run Chrome with uBlockorigin. No pop ups, no ads, just good reading...
Old 02-06-2017, 04:31 PM
63 340HP
Team Owner

Received 2,339 Likes on 890 Posts

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
I run Chrome with uBlockorigin. No pop ups, no ads, just good reading...
No.

This pop up:

How do we disable this pop up box?
Old 02-06-2017, 04:43 PM
Bart K
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

I think if you hit the - in the upper right corner, this box will shrink down and be out of the way. I just ran in to the same thing. Without knowing which browser you use, I cannot tell you how to disable pop-ups, but you may not want to do that as you may want them on other sites.
Old 02-12-2017, 11:12 PM
flamed69
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mod says if you have an account and are logged in

You wont see it again.
Worked for me.

Originally Posted by Bart K
I think if you hit the - in the upper right corner, this box will shrink down and be out of the way. I just ran in to the same thing. Without knowing which browser you use, I cannot tell you how to disable pop-ups, but you may not want to do that as you may want them on other sites.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:49 AM
K7MXE
Racer

Well I read over all the replies on Help section and other than logging on it looks like I am stuck with it. No one seems to have any kind of a plan for anything else.
Maybe if enough people whine it will go away. I myself think it was a idea that failed.
Old 03-05-2017, 02:36 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It has been stated numerous times to simply log in or minimize the "pop-up".

An idea that failed? As also stated, one of the top most questions from new members is how to post or how to join. The "pop-up" appears for those not logged in (which would be possible new members) to help them participate.

Originally Posted by K7MXE
Well I read over all the replies on Help section and other than logging on it looks like I am stuck with it. No one seems to have any kind of a plan for anything else.
Maybe if enough people whine it will go away. I myself think it was a idea that failed.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:12 PM
K7MXE
Racer

I dont want to log on every time I surf. I want a easy answer like everyone else but cant find it. And its relentless as every one knows.
I keep trying this and that and so far I have failed mostly cuzz I am not a computer geek.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:50 PM
c4cruiser
Team Owner

Received 476 Likes on 423 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

When you log in, there should be a box near the Userid or Password line that is labeled "Remember Me" or "Stay Logged In". Click on that box before clicking on the Login button and then every time you return to the Forum, you will be automatically logged in so you should never see the box.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:17 PM
K7MXE
Racer

C4 Cruiser I think you have the answer. I usually when I log on its at the very very top of the page but over by that remember me box I have to put in at least my user name then it remembers the passward. So I did remember me. I do not think I am logged on but the popup box stays down out of sight now. So far it looks like you found the answer. Thank you
Old 03-05-2017, 05:08 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It helps when you disclose exactly what the issue is. You did not indicate you wasn't staying logged in and that you wanted to stay logged in.

You also said you didn't want to log in every visit. Well, that means different things to different people. For whatever reason, some don't want to be automatically logged in when visiting and just want to surf as a Guest. That is a preference to them and is not the same as in I don't want to have to supply my credentials every time and I'd rather it remember those credentials to keep me logged in.

Details help.

Originally Posted by K7MXE
C4 Cruiser I think you have the answer. I usually when I log on its at the very very top of the page but over by that remember me box I have to put in at least my user name then it remembers the passward. So I did remember me. I do not think I am logged on but the popup box stays down out of sight now. So far it looks like you found the answer. Thank you

Get notified of new replies

To How can get this stupid popup to go away

Quick Reply: How can get this stupid popup to go away