Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Malware . . .

Old 02-16-2017, 03:10 PM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts
Default Malware . . .

For several days now I've been getting a notice, along with audio clip, supposedly from Microsoft that someone is trying to hack me. I'm supposed to enter my password, of course, so they can "help" me.

Right. Would you like my SS and bank account numbers too?

At any rate:

- This is happening on Firefox; I always have 8 tabs open and the attack is ONLY on the CF tab.

- I have run every anti-spam program I have (and I have several) and virus program but it still happens.

- I am not using FF as I post this, but Chrome instead just for the CF.

Anybody else getting anything similar?
Old 02-16-2017, 08:31 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you used a malware program or is that what you're referring to Anti-spam(?)? What is the program being used?

Have you checked Firefox's extensions to see if anything is installed that you didn't install or was made aware of?

What does this "notice" look like? Screen capture?

Originally Posted by Bruze
For several days now I've been getting a notice, along with audio clip, supposedly from Microsoft that someone is trying to hack me. I'm supposed to enter my password, of course, so they can "help" me.

Right. Would you like my SS and bank account numbers too?

At any rate:

- This is happening on Firefox; I always have 8 tabs open and the attack is ONLY on the CF tab.

- I have run every anti-spam program I have (and I have several) and virus program but it still happens.

- I am not using FF as I post this, but Chrome instead just for the CF.

Anybody else getting anything similar?
Old 02-17-2017, 07:45 AM
Bruze
Team Owner

Received 1,136 Likes on 882 Posts

I ran Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Spywareblaster, and Avast anti-virus. There aren't any FF extensions that I didn't install.

Right after I made this thread on Chrome I got booted and the image is below.

This is the third different notice I've gotten. A couple were supposedly from Microsoft, one from Malwarebytes which said it blocked something, and now this. I was tempted to Google the phone number, but I'm sure I wouldn't learn anything:

It does this with FF or Chrome on my desktop -- only with Corvette Forum -- it has never happened on my laptop.

Get notified of new replies

To Malware . . .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Malware . . .