Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

I phone pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 10:51 AM
redvetracr
Race Director

Received 174 Likes on 160 Posts

Default I phone pics

I don`t get to see pics posted in threads using an I phone (I know they were posted via an I phone because I asked someone) all I get is a small greenish square, now the pics I post using a thumbdrive and the paperclip I get to see, do I have something set incorrectly? HELP!!
Old 02-28-2017, 12:18 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Please link to an example post where you can't see the picture.

If it's a multi-page thread, please link directly to the specific post so that we know where looking at the very same problem.
Old 02-28-2017, 02:16 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Originally Posted by J T
Please link to an example post where you can't see the picture.

If it's a multi-page thread, please link directly to the specific post so that we know where looking at the very same problem.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...corvettes.html

in this C-2 thread above I see pics from W guy, Jackfit and DZauto, those from railroadman are little green squares
Old 02-28-2017, 02:19 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

in this thread every pic shows up as a little green square

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ce-repair.html
Old 02-28-2017, 02:23 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

little green squares...
Attached Images  
Old 02-28-2017, 03:40 PM
J T
IB Staff

So you're using Windows XP and can't view pictures. It is not related to iphone pictures.

Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft and hasn't been for years. Not only has Microsoft stopped providing security updates for Windows XP, but all major support for Windows XP has pretty much stopped. Google Chrome, for example, no longer supports Windows XP either. Windows IE for XP is also no longer supported and also outdated.

You can try downloading and using Mozilla Firefox as a browser for the short-term:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

But note that Mozilla Firefox will not support Windows XP in the long term.

It is not secure, and things may not work correctly, to use an operating system that is no longer supported by the developer.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:14 PM
redvetracr
Race Director

Originally Posted by J T
So you're using Windows XP and can't view pictures. It is not related to iphone pictures.

Windows XP is no longer supported by Microsoft and hasn't been for years. Not only has Microsoft stopped providing security updates for Windows XP, but all major support for Windows XP has pretty much stopped. Google Chrome, for example, no longer supports Windows XP either. Windows IE for XP is also no longer supported and also outdated.

You can try downloading and using Mozilla Firefox as a browser for the short-term:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

But note that Mozilla Firefox will not support Windows XP in the long term.

It is not secure, and things may not work correctly, to use an operating system that is no longer supported by the developer.

maybe you can explain why I see some pics and not others? I do not have this problem anywhere except for CF as a matter of fact CF is the only place I seem to have any problems at all.
Old 02-28-2017, 04:27 PM
J T
IB Staff

Those pictures that you can't see are hosted on a server using HTTPS with a certificate by Cloudflare that is apparently not compatible with certain environments - XP with it's native browser and Chrome for XP being one of those examples.

Because XP is an outdated operating system that is no longer supported by Microsoft, not only is it not a secure operating system to be using online but there is an acceptance that things may not work.

Originally Posted by redvetracr
maybe you can explain why I see some pics and not others? I do not have this problem anywhere except for CF as a matter of fact CF is the only place I seem to have any problems at all.

Get notified of new replies

To I phone pics

Quick Reply: I phone pics