Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Going to bottom of the page.

Old 03-11-2017, 11:24 AM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Received 675 Likes on 519 Posts

Default Going to bottom of the page.

It seems that in the last days or week, when I click on a thread the selected page appears, then I am suddenly seeing the bottom of the page, not the top, and I have to slide up the page.

No change at my end - same OS, OSX 10.11.6, same browser - Safari 10.0.2.

Definitely an irritating "feature".

Only happens on this site.
Old 03-11-2017, 04:07 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We need more basic information. Please provide a link to a thread and how you are clicking on the thread. Page numbers? Thread title only?

Of course clicking on the is going to direct your browser to the last read section of a specific thread and has for years. That's about the only anchor feature that I'm aware of.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:41 AM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by J T
We need more basic information. Please provide a link to a thread and how you are clicking on the thread. Page numbers? Thread title only?

Of course clicking on the is going to direct your browser to the last read section of a specific thread and has for years. That's about the only anchor feature that I'm aware of.
Thread title or forum title. Just clicked on this forum from the "Forums" menu, and the same thing happened.

Last edited by jackthelad; 03-22-2017 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:55 AM
J T
IB Staff

After over a week there is no other reports of this issue. Like I said, the anchor really only applies to the link. Definitely not happening with a stock browser build of Chrome, Firefox or IE.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:13 PM
jackthelad
Melting Slicks

Default Stopped Happening

I reported my problem with Safari, which it what most Mac owners will use. Unless you tested with Safari, you could not have tried to reproduce the issue.

But, miraculously, it stopped happening over this last w/e. Again, absolutely no changes this end, not even a shutdown and restart. Most probably related to some advert that was running - ads are well known for not necessarily being the best implementations out there.

Last edited by jackthelad; 03-29-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2017, 03:41 PM
J T
IB Staff

But the anchor function is simple. If there is no such issue with Chrome, Firefox and IE, as I confirmed, then there was either an issue with Safari or your environment. Note that in nearly 3 weeks no one else reported such an issue.

Originally Posted by jackthelad
I reported my problem with Safari, which it what most Mac owners will use. Unless you tested with Safari, you could not have tried to reproduce the issue.

But, miraculously, it stopped happening over this last w/e. Again, absolutely no changes this end, not even a shutdown and restart. Most probably related to some advert that was running - ads are well known for not necessarily being the best implementations out there.

Get notified of new replies

To Going to bottom of the page.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Going to bottom of the page.