In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

I'll Miss You Dad

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2014, 01:00 AM
HardcoreABN
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Default I'll Miss You Dad

On 13 Aug 2014 my Dad lost a 4 year battle with cancer. He fought for about 4 years, beating it once only to get it again a few years later. The fight took quite a toll on him over the years bur he always kept on fighting. The last time he was awake and cohearant was right after I got home. He saw me and his eyes got big and he smiled. When he saw Michael his eyes got even bigger and his smile did too. I talked with him, making sure he knew I was there and he knew I loved him. That only other thing I heard him say was when he told Michael "I love you" more clearly than I have heard him say anything in a while. Over the next few days I talked to him a lot and I knew he could hear me and understand me as he would squeeze my hand. Yesterday he was talking to someone and he said "see, I told you Robert would make it". It wasn't really clear but it was pretty obvious what he said. He knew I was going to make it home and he held on as best he could until I got here....I am so glad Michael was able to spend some time with his Grandpa. He sang songs to him, told him he loves him.

My sister lost her 18 battle with cancer and its aftermath in May 2014. I know that weakened his spirit just enough for the cancer to spread. It was only about 4 days from the start of his decline until the battle was over.

My dad was the one who got me into cars. He would talk about all the cars he had growing up - Corvettes, Tri-fives, ect. His basement had model cars on every wall. He was able to pass on his love for cars on to me and for that I will always be thankful. I miss you Dad.

Robert "Bob" Parson, Sr.
11 Jan 1941 - 13 Aug 2014

Last edited by HardcoreABN; 09-02-2014 at 01:07 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Carcrisis
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dads

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN
On 13 Aug 2014 my Dad lost a 4 year battle with cancer. He fought for about 4 years, beating it once only to get it again a few years later. The fight took quite a toll on him over the years bur he always kept on fighting. The last time he was awake and cohearant was right after I got home. He saw me and his eyes got big and he smiled. When he saw Michael his eyes got even bigger and his smile did too. I talked with him, making sure he knew I was there and he knew I loved him. That only other thing I heard him say was when he told Michael "I love you" more clearly than I have heard him say anything in a while. Over the next few days I talked to him a lot and I knew he could hear me and understand me as he would squeeze my hand. Yesterday he was talking to someone and he said "see, I told you Robert would make it". It wasn't really clear but it was pretty obvious what he said. He knew I was going to make it home and he held on as best he could until I got here....I am so glad Michael was able to spend some time with his Grandpa. He sang songs to him, told him he loves him.

My sister lost her 18 battle with cancer and its aftermath in May 2014. I know that weakened his spirit just enough for the cancer to spread. It was only about 4 days from the start of his decline until the battle was over.

My dad was the one who got me into cars. He would talk about all the cars he had growing up - Corvettes, Tri-fives, ect. His basement had model cars on every wall. He was able to pass on his love for cars on to me and for that I will always be thankful. I miss you Dad.

Robert "Bob" Parson, Sr.
Greetings Bob,

Sorry to hear of your loss. I lost my dad in an August also back in 1989. He too got me interested in cars. I know how you feel right now. There's hardly a day that I don't think about my dad. He wasn't only a dad , but a best friend, as I know your dad was to you. All I can tell you is the memories will just come pouring in for quite awhile and you'll find a lot of love and comfort in them. I still have an occasional dream of my dad that usually involves driving him around the countryside. Godspeed the healing in your time of grief and need.

Respectfully,

Paul Denault alias Carcrisis
Old 09-02-2014, 02:35 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Very sorry for your Dad's passing. Many of us have had to experience the passing of a parent and it's a very heartbreaking time.
Prayers for your family
Old 09-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Move Over
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know exactly how you feel. Sadly, we both lost our fathers this year to cancer. Its been a tough journey and surprisingly this forum helped my family and me shoulder the burden. The power of social media in its best form.

My prayers to you and your family as you do your best to move forward. Keep your faith and cherish the memories.

Congratulations Bob Parson, Sr on completing your earthly journey. Eternal piece be with you.

-Mike
Old 09-04-2014, 12:36 PM
tuxnharley
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,939 Likes on 1,185 Posts

My condolences on your loss. I lost my Dad this past February, and my thoughts are much the same as yours. The important thing is to hang on to all those good memories and appreciate how much they did for us!

Old 09-04-2014, 04:14 PM
RJ-92
Race Director

Received 328 Likes on 157 Posts

Sorry for your loss. It's never easy to say good-bye. May be live on in your heart!
Old 09-07-2014, 11:20 PM
rsparks64
Drifting

Received 278 Likes on 160 Posts

Old 09-10-2014, 02:09 AM
LuvMy69
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by HardcoreABN

Robert "Bob" Parson, Sr.
I'm very sorry to hear of your loss.

I lost my Grandfather to cancer in August of 2012. I loved him very much, yet we disagreed on almost - everything except our love of Corvettes - which he gave to my father, who then passed it on to me.

I wish you and our family the best.
Old 09-18-2014, 12:28 AM
Desert Dawg
7th Gear

May all your thoughts and memories soon be good ones that bring smiles to your faces
Old 09-25-2014, 07:22 PM
z edge
Race Director

Location: BOOMER SOONER Big 12 Champions 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006 - 2008, 2010, 2012, 2015 - 2020.....
Received 914 Likes on 527 Posts

Airborne, im very sorry for your loss.

We lost Dad very suddenly in Feb of this year also, it was and still is very hard, words cannot quite express what you are feeling. I wish i could tell you that it all gets better, the truth is though how YOU deal with it is what gets better.

Those memories won't ever leave you they will get stronger. Also faith is one hell of a blessing and it will help you through these tough times. All of us posting here can at least have some satisfaction in knowing that while our father's have left this world behind, they have all gone to someplace much much better. And someday we will get to see them again.

Until then hang in there and grab ahold of your loved ones and let them know what they mean to you.

Get notified of new replies

To I'll Miss You Dad

Quick Reply: I'll Miss You Dad