In loving memory of lost CorvetteForum Brothers and Sisters Memorials honoring Corvetteforum members lost to death.

Thank You Lloyd

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 05:12 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Received 220 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Thank You Lloyd

As a relatively new member I would like to mention and remember my deceased brother in-law Lloyd Routley who lost his 2 plus year battle with cancer in October of 2016. Lloyd was one of the hardest working most determined men I have ever met who in spite of his small stature could put lots of muscular Alpha males to shame.

I don't think Lloyd ever joined a Corvette club or this forum but he did own a beauty of a Corvette in a 2007 Indy Pace Car replica that became his life and most prized possession. Lloyd purchased the car shortly after losing his wife to cancer and it became a welcome distraction from the painful loss of his beloved wife.

Just before his passing Lloyd gifted his most prized possession, the Corvette, to my wife Gwynneth out of gratitude for her putting her own life on the back burner and traveling 200 miles to help him and look after him during the last months of his struggle.

We recently had the car professionally appraised for insurance purposes and the appraiser rated the car as a 2 out of six overall but commented that the car could use a good detailing which would move it up a notch into show car category and a 1 rating. During my brother in-laws battle with cancer, detailing a car was rather low on his list of priorities.

I just spent several weeks over Christmas and New Year visiting as my wife is looking after his affairs and estate matters taking the opportunity to give that car the most intensive detailing I have ever done to a car to get it ready for the 2017 car club and show and shine events which we will attend in memory of my brother in-law Lloyd. Anyone who asks about the car will be told it belonged to my brother in-law Lloyd Routley and it was his pride and joy.

Thank you Lloyd !
Old 01-06-2017, 08:32 PM
rsparks64
Drifting

Received 278 Likes on 160 Posts

n

Sorry for your loss. It sounds like your brother in law left his prize possession in good hands.

Welcome to the forum.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:19 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Sorry for the family's loss
Old 01-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rsparks64
n

Sorry for your loss. It sounds like your brother in law left his prize possession in good hands.

Welcome to the forum.
Thanks for your kind words. I look foreword to participating and learning lots on this forum.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Icecap
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ZR-71
Sorry for the family's loss
Thank you for the kind words ZR-71.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:54 PM
Black 03 Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 540 Likes on 390 Posts

Very sorry for your loss.

Keep your spirits up.
Old 02-08-2017, 04:10 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,478 Likes on 1,941 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Very fitting comments, and dedicated service to your brother in law, and your wife's efforts on his behalf. Sounds like one helluva guy. It also sounds like you were glad this person walked the earth. Truthfully, that can't always be said. Rejoice in that, and hold onto his memory---that's one of the important things we leave behind, the people who remember us.
Old 02-09-2017, 08:51 AM
robertgruber099
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice to know about lloyd. He is now in good hands, where worries and pain is out. Enjoy your stay in this forum.

Get notified of new replies

To Thank You Lloyd

Quick Reply: Thank You Lloyd