Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First vette at 25 years old!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2015, 04:25 PM
alanshore
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default First vette at 25 years old!

Hey all!

Alan here, in the Germantown, MD area. My first hands on a steering wheel was at 3 years old with a cherry red 1988 corvette. Ever since then I had to have one.

I bought a 2008 Jet stream blue Corvette.

I've had it for about 2 weeks, 1k miles put on it bought it with about 13k miles and got a good deal in Rockville. I still have no tickets and no driving record

I've finally got my dream car and there's not a scratch on it!

My plans are to start with Chuck Cow's throttle tune, move up to transmission tune and possibly put a supercharger if by some chance I have a boat load of money come from thin air.

I really enjoy it.
Attached Images     

Last edited by alanshore; 05-19-2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-19-2015, 04:39 PM
ViperC4
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

welcome to the fold...grow some thick skin btw...as a youngster they will eat you alive around here....
Old 05-19-2015, 04:49 PM
alanshore
Advanced

Originally Posted by ViperC4
welcome to the fold...grow some thick skin btw...as a youngster they will eat you alive around here....
What do you mean?!
Old 05-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Brandons72vette
Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

Welcome from a 23 year old! Glad to hear another young Vette owner! I got my '72 at age 15, and grew up in a 1960 Corvette. So I can relate to your story! Save the wave, meaning wave at passing Vettes!

Last edited by Brandons72vette; 05-26-2015 at 03:55 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-19-2015, 05:15 PM
kbone077
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are some real smart asses around here, me being one of them. Had my first one when I was 21. It was a 74. Sold it after I got out of the service in 88. Kicked myself and finally got another one a 77 about 6 years ago.
Congratulations and welcome aboard..
Old 05-19-2015, 07:58 PM
IntricateDetail
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by alanshore
Hey all!

Alan here, in the Germantown, MD area. My first hands on a steering wheel was at 3 years old with a cherry red 1988 corvette. Ever since then I had to have one.
It's pretty much a known fact that putting your age on intro threads on forums is a bad idea haha. It's not an issue of people really caring about your age...it's more an issue people seem to have about you feeling the need to advertise your age...since it's generally used to "show off" how you can afford such a car at a young age. You never see people saying "55 year old gets his dream car"...it's always people in their teens and 20's.

Not that I have a problem with it...it's just common forum knowledge that a lot of people frown on it.
Old 05-19-2015, 09:04 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Congratulations on the new ride and welcome.
Old 05-20-2015, 06:02 AM
kedwin
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-20-2015, 07:04 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

welcome to the forum!
Old 05-20-2015, 09:07 AM
alanshore
Advanced

Originally Posted by IntricateDetail
It's pretty much a known fact that putting your age on intro threads on forums is a bad idea haha. It's not an issue of people really caring about your age...it's more an issue people seem to have about you feeling the need to advertise your age...since it's generally used to "show off" how you can afford such a car at a young age. You never see people saying "55 year old gets his dream car"...it's always people in their teens and 20's.

Not that I have a problem with it...it's just common forum knowledge that a lot of people frown on it.
While I agree with your response, to generally frown upon "showing off" would mean that people who also show off their cars at car shows or post pictures and say "look at the mods i've done!" is also showing off.

Granted its been about 8 years since i've been involved in a forum, I consider it a huge accomplishment to own such a vehicle at a young age, it's not that I feel like I have a need to share my age it's a reality as people look at me as I go down the road and wonder how.

It's more of a conversation starter, to see a 23 year old owning is beyond awesome, it allows me to see and connect with others. The corvette community is an older one and while we have people that frown on a whole lot of things, liberals frown on everything the most. I'm not here to prove myself or make people smile. You've already got people for that, i'm just trying to find things in common with people and what better way than to start with my age!
Old 05-20-2015, 09:13 AM
IntricateDetail
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by alanshore
While I agree with your response, to generally frown upon "showing off" would mean that people who also show off their cars at car shows or post pictures and say "look at the mods i've done!" is also showing off.

Granted its been about 8 years since i've been involved in a forum, I consider it a huge accomplishment to own such a vehicle at a young age, it's not that I feel like I have a need to share my age it's a reality as people look at me as I go down the road and wonder how.

It's more of a conversation starter, to see a 23 year old owning is beyond awesome, it allows me to see and connect with others. The corvette community is an older one and while we have people that frown on a whole lot of things, liberals frown on everything the most. I'm not here to prove myself or make people smile. You've already got people for that, i'm just trying to find things in common with people and what better way than to start with my age!
I have no life but to stalk these forums, so forgive the rapid response. I am actually young myself...although I won't give my age... I'm in my 20's...and so I got my first intro to forum decorum when I posted something, and my actual profile had my age on it. I didn't even put it in the title or in the body of the message, but it was back when people would put their age on their little "info pane" that shows up to the left of the message on the thread so you can see who posted it. Well, it said my age and people were all over me for that. I was like, so I need to go in and change my privacy settings just so you feel better about yourself? Lol

The only reason I even replied to this thread with that information was because I saw the post by the other guy saying as much and wanted to give some background on what it is that usually gets people to flame you on the forums.

You seem like a legit dude and I'm genuinely stoked for you. I hope be joining the ranks soon, and who knows, maybe I'll see you at an event sometime in the future!

Cheers and good luck to you with the amazing car! She's a beauty!
Old 05-20-2015, 09:47 AM
alanshore
Advanced

Originally Posted by IntricateDetail
I have no life but to stalk these forums, so forgive the rapid response. I am actually young myself...although I won't give my age... I'm in my 20's...and so I got my first intro to forum decorum when I posted something, and my actual profile had my age on it. I didn't even put it in the title or in the body of the message, but it was back when people would put their age on their little "info pane" that shows up to the left of the message on the thread so you can see who posted it. Well, it said my age and people were all over me for that. I was like, so I need to go in and change my privacy settings just so you feel better about yourself? Lol

The only reason I even replied to this thread with that information was because I saw the post by the other guy saying as much and wanted to give some background on what it is that usually gets people to flame you on the forums.

You seem like a legit dude and I'm genuinely stoked for you. I hope be joining the ranks soon, and who knows, maybe I'll see you at an event sometime in the future!

Cheers and good luck to you with the amazing car! She's a beauty!
I hope to see you at an event too! Thanks for the information

Get notified of new replies

To First vette at 25 years old!

Quick Reply: First vette at 25 years old!