Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Long time lurker, first time poster

Old 04-28-2016, 10:26 AM
scmgoblue
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Long time lurker, first time poster

Hi everyone, I have lurked here forever and can't say enough about what an awesome resource this place has been! I've been a Corvette fan for as long as I can remember, my parents had a '77 that they would take me for rides in as a toddler, and it's pretty much stuck with me since then.

Managed to realize the dream five years ago when I traded in my Trailblazer SS on an '01 black Z06 (there I times when I still miss the TBSS but I sure don't miss the 4-speed). I daily drove the Z06 for the first year I had it, made me fall in love with the car even more, went through all of the usual fixes including the service column lock and ABS module (this place saved me a ton of $$$ on that one!) and pretty much had planned to hold on to it for the long term.

Only thing was that black paint... it draws you in, but trying to keep it looking like I thought it should? It it was a losing battle. My dream color had always been Electron Blue, that paint would never fail to stop me in my tracks when I saw one. So fast forward five years or so; was goofing around looking at listings one evening and a just-posted car caught my eye: '08 JSB Z06 with low miles, better yet the dealership was only five miles away:"just a test drive" I said... well you know how that went, let's just say I have an awesome and understanding wife.

Plan is to hold on to this one if at all possible, thanks again for such an awesome resource!
Old 04-28-2016, 12:24 PM
old stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 122 Likes on 103 Posts

Welcome to the forum.
Old 04-28-2016, 12:56 PM
Roscoe
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome!
Old 04-29-2016, 03:34 AM
corvette312
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 102 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Awesome

Originally Posted by scmgoblue
Hi everyone, I have lurked here forever and can't say enough about what an awesome resource this place has been! I've been a Corvette fan for as long as I can remember, my parents had a '77 that they would take me for rides in as a toddler, and it's pretty much stuck with me since then.

Managed to realize the dream five years ago when I traded in my Trailblazer SS on an '01 black Z06 (there I times when I still miss the TBSS but I sure don't miss the 4-speed). I daily drove the Z06 for the first year I had it, made me fall in love with the car even more, went through all of the usual fixes including the service column lock and ABS module (this place saved me a ton of $$$ on that one!) and pretty much had planned to hold on to it for the long term.

Only thing was that black paint... it draws you in, but trying to keep it looking like I thought it should? It it was a losing battle. My dream color had always been Electron Blue, that paint would never fail to stop me in my tracks when I saw one. So fast forward five years or so; was goofing around looking at listings one evening and a just-posted car caught my eye: '08 JSB Z06 with low miles, better yet the dealership was only five miles away:"just a test drive" I said... well you know how that went, let's just say I have an awesome and understanding wife.

Plan is to hold on to this one if at all possible, thanks again for such an awesome resource!
That is an awesome story. I am so glad that you got what you really wanted. ENJOY and WELCOME !!!
Old 04-29-2016, 07:15 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

hello and that is a beautiful ZO6!

Last edited by gilhuly; 04-29-2016 at 07:15 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 08:21 PM
jehuds10
Race Director

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Hello and welcome to the forum!
Old 04-29-2016, 08:47 PM
StingU2
Safety Car

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts

Welcome to the Forum! Your Z06 is a beauty!
Old 04-30-2016, 06:54 PM
scmgoblue
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks everyone!

Get notified of new replies

To Long time lurker, first time poster

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Long time lurker, first time poster