Intros New Corvetteforum member introductions & welcomes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Member look for advice for Value of 84 Corvette

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 07:05 PM
84C41stVette
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member look for advice for Value of 84 Corvette

Hello, I've enjoyed my time with my 84 C4 Corvette but have decided that with my goals of having a great autocross car I would be better off selling this car and buy a C4 that already has some of my needs... mostly a T-56 and an LT motor. Otherwise I'm thinking I would get to deep into the vortex of money swapping those into my car that has long since been paid off.

Looking for some advice on what this car may be worth. I'm the 3rd owner of this 84 C4

This is what I have written so far for the posting that I plan to put on online.

For Sale by owner 1984 C4 Chevrolet Corvette with removable hard top Targa roof!

Car has been garage kept its entire life since being in Wisconsin (previously owned in Florida 15 years ago and we're not sure if it was garage kept but judging by the under body myself and the previous owner assume it was)

Car has 104,700 miles and runs and shifts well. The car is completely bone stock with the exception of the re-upholstered leather seats put in 2 summers ago.

Exterior 7 out of 10: The car still has its original 2 tone brown paint job it received back in 1984. It has a few chips from rocks but no dings or dents that I can see. There are small scratches around the car (only visible close up) my guess is from the poor car cover used from the previous owner. Under body is in pristine condition as well as the metal doors (one of the few areas of the body that are metal) zero signs of rust on the body/underbody. On the front of the car and the roll bar there is a 2" patch where the clear coat is coming off and the hood bubbled a little when the alternator was wearing out and ran hot (now replaced) this is not rust as the hood is made of fiberglass and is only noticeable close up. Targa roof removes easily and can be stored in back hatch original tool provide for removal (just had it out this morning with the top off) front windshield is in great shape as well as the rear window and side windows. Rear and side windows are tinted from previous owner and it wouldn't hurt to have them re tinted.

Interior 7 out of 10: Leather seats recently re upholstered and in great condition. Everything else is original and in good working condition with the exception of the **** for the defroster and blower motor. Both options still work they just require strong fingers or a needle nose pliers. Replacement ***** available online (metal spring broke on the one I have, I will supply the **** and broken spring if wanted) All electronics work and all switches work for the LCD display. The LCD display shows voltage, oil pressure, oil temperature, coolant temperature, range, average mpg, instant mpg and a trip odometer. The regular odometer is standard not LCD. The floor mat on the driver side is wearing out and needs replacing and the lock on the passenger side only works with the key but does work. Windows both go down and up and driver side power seat works both up, down, front, back and recline (passenger is manual and also works). Horn cover is provided but should be replaced one of the four clips is missing so it falls off occasionally.

Mechanical: Everything is original or OEM replacement. Engine runs strong and transmission shifts well. Previous owner replaced the alternator in the last 2 years. Recently installed two new OEM replacement mufflers and they sound great! The brake pads are on the wear indicators for the front and rear (not metal on metal just the indicators) Rotors are still in good condition. Tires need replacing they are old and low on tread. If I decide to keep the car Brakes and Tires will be done in the next month. Valve cover gaskets appear to be wearing out and should also be replaced (only a very small leak currently but I want to be honest with everything I'm aware of) All of this work can be done by someone with minimal mechanical skill.

Car handles amazing it recorded .90 G on a skid pad back in 1984! The car itself is not what I consider fast but has lots of torque(290 ft lbs) and sounds great. In 1984 the car ran 15.2 in the quarter mile @ 90mph back in 1984. I've never raced so I can't testify to what it currently does but it does accelerate nicely onto the highway.

The hard top makes summers a blast and I always gets lots of thumbs up as I pass other Vette owners on the road.

**Let me know how much you think I should ask. I was thinking of starting at 3,400 but would take offers as low as 2,900 does this seem fair?

Last edited by 84C41stVette; 05-01-2016 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:22 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Welcome to the Forum
I don't know how much it would be worth, it might depend on your location. It does appear to be in good condition
I rcommend checking the C4 For Sale section to see what other similar Vettes are being sold for
Oh, and those doors are fiberglass. There were no metal Corvette doors.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...ale-wanted-54/

Last edited by ZR-71; 05-01-2016 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:29 PM
84C41stVette
3rd Gear

Thank you for the info on the doors!

From the postings I've seen I think I have a fair price. It's hard to say what they really sell for though. They might list for 8k but sell for 6k... Great forum though wish I would have become a member sooner.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:34 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by 84C41stVette
Thank you for the info on the doors!

From the postings I've seen I think I have a fair price. It's hard to say what they really sell for though. They might list for 8k but sell for 6k... Great forum though wish I would have become a member sooner.
Better now than never to join. Best wishes on the sale.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:36 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Welcome to the forum.

Your sales thread for the 84 Corvette should be posted here:

Be sure you include an asking price in your sales thread.
Old 05-01-2016, 07:44 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Welcome to the forum.

Your sales thread for the 84 Corvette should be posted here:

Be sure you include an asking price in your sales thread.
He is asking for help on pricing. Should he ask for help in the For Sale section?
Old 05-01-2016, 07:51 PM
84C41stVette
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by ZR-71
He is asking for help on pricing. Should he ask for help in the For Sale section?
I'm not looking to sell it on the form. Just saying hello and curious what you guys thought it would be worth.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:01 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

welcome to the forum!
Old 05-02-2016, 10:06 AM
jehuds10
Race Director

Received 72 Likes on 59 Posts

Welcome!

Get notified of new replies