Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default Corvette Production Weekly Constraints – 1/10/08

Weekly Constraint/Production News - UPDATED

Constraints are distributed based on Available Days’ Supply (ADS), Controlled Method or Percent of Allocation (POA). Dealers can use the weekly constraint wire to see the basic availability of an option. The percentages on the weekly constraint wire are estimated based on the national retail number of the constrained option divided by the amount of retail orders being allocated for the week.

Chevrolet Constraint Wire for 1/10/08

2008 CORVETTE
Constraint #, Description, National Quantity

NO CONSTRAINTS THIS WEEK!

Orders approved this week will be produced between 2/4/08 and 2/10/08

2008 CORVETTE Z06

Old 01-10-2008, 09:23 PM
SSTEVEGS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken Fichtner
Weekly Constraint/Production News - UPDATED

Constraints are distributed based on Available Days’ Supply (ADS), Controlled Method or Percent of Allocation (POA). Dealers can use the weekly constraint wire to see the basic availability of an option. The percentages on the weekly constraint wire are estimated based on the national retail number of the constrained option divided by the amount of retail orders being allocated for the week.

Chevrolet Constraint Wire for 1/10/08

2008 CORVETTE

2008 CORVETTE Z06

If you have an order number does this mean you have an "approved order"? I have my order number and am trying to guess when my car will be assembled. I'm registered on the Buyer's Tour at the museum, but have no other information on the car... What constitutes "an approved order"? I got the order number from my dealer Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet on January 6, 2008.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Any dealer can place an order for a Corvette with GM. Once the order is entered by the dealer the system generates an order number. Said order number is no more than a request until such time as the dealer has an actual allocation. Once the dealer has an allocation the order moves from a request status to an in-system order.

Ask your dealer for a copy of his order placement by week report. This report will clearly show when and if your dealer has an actual allocation.

Once the order request has been moved to an in-system order your selling dealer can provide you with the target production week.

I hope that this helps!

Ken Fichtner
Fichtner Chevrolet

"If you have an order number does this mean you have an "approved order"? I have my order number and am trying to guess when my car will be assembled. I'm registered on the Buyer's Tour at the museum, but have no other information on the car... What constitutes "an approved order"? I got the order number from my dealer Kevin Whitaker Chevrolet on January 6, 2008."
Old 01-11-2008, 08:45 PM
SSTEVEGS
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=Ken Fichtner;1563578135]Any dealer can place an order for a Corvette with GM. Once the order is entered by the dealer the system generates an order number. Said order number is no more than a request until such time as the dealer has an actual allocation. Once the dealer has an allocation the order moves from a request status to an in-system order.

Ask your dealer for a copy of his order placement by week report. This report will clearly show when and if your dealer has an actual allocation.

Once the order request has been moved to an in-system order your selling dealer can provide you with the target production week.

I hope that this helps!

Ken Fichtner
Fichtner Chevrolet

Yes, this is what I wanted to know - thanks! I'll be calling my dealer tomorrow. He's promised me they had several allocations but it will be nice to see the actual order placement document.

Steve

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Production Weekly Constraints – 1/10/08