Old 03-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

Default More 2014 Corvette Information-Note Allocations

Today, at the Geneva Motor Show, Chevrolet unveiled the convertible version of the all- new 2014 Corvette Stingray. Chevrolet also confirmed the Corvette Stingray coupe and convertible models will be offered in Europe, the United Kingdom, the Middle East, Japan and Russia starting late 2013. The Corvette Stingray models for these regions will be left-hand-drive with changes to accommodate the respective markets’ regulations, such as lighting, headlamp washers, and outside mirrors.

As for the U.S. market, the 2014 Corvette Stingray convertible model will start production a few months after the coupe, and is currently expected in showrooms by the end of the fourth quarter 2013. All of the performance technology and capabilities introduced on the Corvette Stingray coupe carry over to the convertible. The structural changes are limited to those necessary to accommodate the folding top and repositioned safety belt mounts. Central to the Corvette Stingray’s driving experience is an all-new, more rigid aluminum frame structure, which is 57 percent stiffer and 99 pounds (45 kg) lighter than the current steel frame.

All models are powered by the all-new Corvette LT1 6.2L V-8 engine. As no chassis reinforcements are required for the convertible, both models will share almost identical power-to-weight ratios.

Attached for your reference is an updated 2014 Corvette Stingray Salesperson Reference Guide with further information on the convertible model. GMLaunch.com has also been updated with a set of Frequently Asked Questions and Answers.

On Monday, March 18, 2013, those dealers we anticipate will earn 2014 Corvette Stingray initial allocation will receive a letter outlining the applicable training and special tool requirements. These dealers will also be able to review the estimated production guide number for the initial production period of the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe and convertible. Please remember when you review the estimated production guide number; the number is based on Chevrolet’s estimated production schedule, which remains subject to change. Many factors will affect the actual production quantities, including but not limited to product and part constraints, government requirements and evolving marketplace conditions. Therefore, this estimate is not a volume commitment. Chevrolet reserves the right to change the Corvette Stingray distribution plan or the timing for implementation of that plan from time to time at its sole business discretion.

Dealers who do not earn a 2014 Corvette Stingray during the initial allocation period will have the opportunity to agree to the training and special tools requirements approximately six to nine months from now depending on production startup. These dealers will see an estimated guide number at that time, and will be able to submit orders only after agreeing to the applicable special tools and training requirements. Further information will be shared with these dealers sometime after start of regular production of the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe model.

Production of the 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe is scheduled to start late summer and units should begin to arrive in dealerships in early fall 2013. We are all excited to see the new roads our customers will find with the all-new Corvette Stingray.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:47 PM
RIXKIX
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the info.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:56 PM
ch47d1sg
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Ken!
Old 03-12-2013, 06:33 PM
0BillJacobs-James
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I just went to my GM global website and printed the updated sales guide out. Deposits on the 2014 have been picking up, I can't wait to see my allocation.
Old 03-16-2013, 05:05 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Ken:
You always provide good information for forum members and it is much appreciated, just a little clarification.

Does this mean the eligible dealer will know approximately the amount of C7 Corvettes they will receive in the first 6 to 9 months of production, or is it, you will get at least one no matter how big or small the eligible dealer is ?

Should my dealers general manager know sometime Monday ?

Old 03-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Ken Fichtner
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
Cruise-in I Veteran
Cruise-in II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran

DCBE,
Does this mean the eligible dealer will know approximately the amount of C7 Corvettes they will receive in the first 6 to 9 months of production, or is it, you will get at least one no matter how big or small the eligible dealer is ? - My understanding is that eligible dealers will know how many allocations in total they will have for the first 6-9 months of production.

Should my dealers general manager know sometime Monday ?
Yes

Get notified of new replies

To More 2014 Corvette Information-Note Allocations

Quick Reply: More 2014 Corvette Information-Note Allocations