Man/ dog locked in vette

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2015, 09:58 PM
lectroglide
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Man/ dog locked in vette

hey guys don't know if this belongs here but thought ya might wanna see it http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...3316?cid=sm_fb

what comes to mind is breaking out a window!!

Last edited by lectroglide; 06-10-2015 at 10:00 PM.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:57 PM
Vette_DD
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,276 Likes on 935 Posts
St. Jude Donor '21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by riversidedan1
hey guys don't know if this belongs here but thought ya might wanna see it http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...3316?cid=sm_fb

what comes to mind is breaking out a window!!
What comes to mind is either using the emergency levers between the seat and the door, which unlocks the door even with no battery power, or taking off the targa top.

Whoever sold him the car without telling him about those should be shot.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:30 AM
ateam311
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette_DD
Whoever sold him the car without telling him about those should be shot.
I disagree entirely with your assessment. The person or business who sold the vehicle isn't responsible for explaining the ins and outs of the car. This is one of many reasons that vehicles come with owner's manuals.

The individual I bought my used C6 from didn't explain anything to me. I did my reading via the forums and owner's manual to figure out everything from the window indexing to getting out of the car in the event that the power died.
Old 06-11-2015, 07:06 PM
lectroglide
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ateam311
I disagree entirely with your assessment. The person or business who sold the vehicle isn't responsible for explaining the ins and outs of the car. This is one of many reasons that vehicles come with owner's manuals.

The individual I bought my used C6 from didn't explain anything to me. I did my reading via the forums and owner's manual to figure out everything from the window indexing to getting out of the car in the event that the power died.
could very well be the salesman was more interested in making a buck rather than pointing out the safety features which wouldn't surprise me at all!..................So in the heat of purchasing a car or whatever some things simply get missed or go un-said, either way it shouldn't have happened.

Get notified of new replies

To Man/ dog locked in vette