Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Denver Area front end alignment shop recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 12:38 PM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Denver Area front end alignment shop recommendations

Want to have the Alignment of my 2006 Vert checked. I will be replacing my GY Eagle F1's soon and want to make sure the front end alignment is spot on. The F1's with just over 20K are showing uneven wear. The RF shows inside wear almost through the tread and the LF showing both inside and outside wear. Just want to have Alignment checked. Any shop recommendations?
Old 08-09-2010, 08:21 PM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Performed a search on this subject and found that for both tires and alignment many prefer "The Tire Source in Boulder. I will give them a call!
Old 08-09-2010, 11:27 PM
AORoads
Team Owner

Received 2,481 Likes on 1,944 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
"In honor of jpee"

Kind of interesting, I plugged in Boulder's zip code into tirerack's "installer" site, and up came the Tire Source, too, among many others.

Kind of surprised the Rocky Mountain Corvette owner group here on CF in/near/around Denver hasn't chimed in with some recommendations....

c'mon guys and gals, there has got to be ONE GREAT ALIGNMENT SHOP that everyone recommends!

Then again, maybe it is Boulder's Tire Source.......
Old 08-10-2010, 11:02 AM
dsdrury
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I recently had my 2008 Coupe aligned at Purifoy Chevrolet in Ft. Lupton. They come highly recommended.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:33 PM
34RedRage
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Elroy's son Alignment 1470 chase St. Lakewood Colorado 80214 303-231-9320. i will never take my vette to anyone else for an alignment. they have done my c5 twice, once when i bought it and again when i lowered it. i highly recommend them for your c6....ed
Old 08-10-2010, 09:12 PM
RAMMAN
Race Director
Pro Mechanic

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by vettesplus
Elroy's son Alignment 1470 chase St. Lakewood Colorado 80214 303-231-9320. i will never take my vette to anyone else for an alignment. they have done my c5 twice, once when i bought it and again when i lowered it. i highly recommend them for your c6....ed

They did mine last year when I replaced the tires. I know how to align a front end the right way and they did it right. He even invited me into the pit to watch him. The cost was great also.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Solo2GS
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by vettesplus

I use them as well. Great little shop and he doesn't mind you getting into the pit getting dirty with him either!
Old 06-17-2011, 04:33 PM
jxhunte
Pro

Support Corvetteforum!

Finally had my Vette aligned. Following recommendations of this thread I made my way to Elroy's Son Alignment. Bob invited me in the pit and provided a running commentary of what he was doing, what he was adjusting and explaining the computer screen readout that identifies all critical alignment measurements. I have the before and after alignment specs which were generated by his Bosch Alignment Machine. He will adjust to any specs you want providing they are obtainable. My Vette was very close to Factory/OEM specs
from the start but required about 1/2 hour of tweeking to bring all readings/measurements to where they should be. I used OEM specs for my vette which his computer looks up based of make - year - model of vehicle. I also had Pfadt alignment recommendations with me which we compared to OEM Specs. Pfadt Performance Street specs are nearly the same as OEM.

I will use Elroy's Son Alignment from this point forward for all my alignment needs. Bob has performed almost 1800 alignments with his Bosch Alignment Machine in the past 9 months. His Bosch machine tracks all alignments, storing all data for each vehicle aligned. Bob took the Alignment Business over from his father who retired several years back.

When I arrived at the shop for my alignment, there was a vehicle in the alignment bay which Bob said could wait. He pulled my Vette in and began work on it right away. My total time at the shop was approximately 1 hr. About 1/2 hour was spent on set up and analysis and 1/2 hour turning wrenches making adjustments. My cost was $65.00.

Elroy's Son Alignment & Brake Center
1470 Chase
Lakewood, CO 80214
Bob may be reached at 303-231-9320
Old 06-17-2011, 06:54 PM
34RedRage
Race Director

Originally Posted by jxhunte
Finally had my Vette aligned. Following recommendations of this thread I made my way to Elroy's Son Alignment. Bob invited me in the pit and provided a running commentary of what he was doing, what he was adjusting and explaining the computer screen readout that identifies all critical alignment measurements. I have the before and after alignment specs which were generated by his Bosch Alignment Machine. He will adjust to any specs you want providing they are obtainable. My Vette was very close to Factory/OEM specs
from the start but required about 1/2 hour of tweeking to bring all readings/measurements to where they should be. I used OEM specs for my vette which his computer looks up based of make - year - model of vehicle. I also had Pfadt alignment recommendations with me which we compared to OEM Specs. Pfadt Performance Street specs are nearly the same as OEM.

I will use Elroy's Son Alignment from this point forward for all my alignment needs. Bob has performed almost 1800 alignments with his Bosch Alignment Machine in the past 9 months. His Bosch machine tracks all alignments, storing all data for each vehicle aligned. Bob took the Alignment Business over from his father who retired several years back.

When I arrived at the shop for my alignment, there was a vehicle in the alignment bay which Bob said could wait. He pulled my Vette in and began work on it right away. My total time at the shop was approximately 1 hr. About 1/2 hour was spent on set up and analysis and 1/2 hour turning wrenches making adjustments. My cost was $65.00.

Elroy's Son Alignment & Brake Center
1470 Chase
Lakewood, CO 80214
Bob may be reached at 303-231-9320

you made the right choice, bob is great at what he does and the way he treats his customers...
Old 02-03-2013, 01:17 PM
vettecrazy88
Pro

Just looking for an update on this thread.
Are Elroy's and Tire Source in Boulder still the best options?

Last edited by vettecrazy88; 02-03-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: correct spelling
Old 02-03-2013, 02:59 PM
34RedRage
Race Director

Originally Posted by vettecrazy88
never used the tire source, but i have used elroys for my vettes and my lifted 4x4 trucks. they are very good at what they do... will return when i need more work...
Old 02-03-2013, 09:11 PM
philip_g
Drifting

Originally Posted by vettecrazy88
Not sure, but bear frame and axle is closer to you and has done nice work for me in the past on alignments on low or lowered cars.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:01 PM
erichg1000
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The saddest part of when I left Dallas to move up here... was leaving my alignment guy behind.

He was the very best, a breed that is dying. He did my alignment the old school way, without leaser beams. Why is this better? Well it's just my opinion, but after having my Z06 on a hunter machine rack at a high-end and well respected tuner in dallas - 3 times - i still felt like my wheel was tilted a couple degrees to the left when driving straight. All the guys at the shop could say is "the machine says it's straight".

Well, my guy Bobby Garrett, makes some adjustments, and says "go drive it. tell me how you like it"

I come back and say, wheel points here, slight pull there, etc. he makes a couple more tweaks and i go back out and drive it. Etc until it's absolutely perfect. He used a metal bar with two little pizza type cutters on either side and a measuring tape and some other old school stuff.

he says you align a car to drive how you want it to feel, not how a machine tells you. interesting. And I've had great tire wear since.

Anyway... I'll have to try Elway's out. I raised the front of my truck and would like the camber adjusted.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:08 PM
5280Racer
Drifting

You can always go to a Chevy dealership and normally its under a 100 for an alignment.. last time I checked. I would also go the Pfadts web site and print their alignment spec sheet and take it with you.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:04 PM
c1vette
Racer

Any updates in the last few years? Any place in South or East that people recommend?
Old 03-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Little Red Corvette1
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts
2016 C7 of the Year Finalist
Default Recommendations for alignment

I use Justin Powell at Purifoy Chevrolet for alignment on my C7.
They did a four wheel alignment to my specs for $80.

Get notified of new replies

To Denver Area front end alignment shop recommendations

Quick Reply: Denver Area front end alignment shop recommendations