Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Nebraska people chime in

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2013, 10:35 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Lincoln here. Don't do car shows much. Would rather be out driving. I drove by the church that day, I was out cruising
Old 06-01-2013, 12:50 PM
jdt62
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to hy-vee today. Drove my truck cause it looked like rain. There were many very cool cars of all kinds. Met and talked with a nice guy who had his Calloway Grand Sport vert there. The Wounded Warriors Cobra Mustang was very nice too. Just as I was beginning to regrette not driving my GS, it starts to mist and sprinkle. Maybe next week.

I'm not really into the "club" thing, but I'd be interested in a nw omaha meet sometime.
Old 06-01-2013, 04:09 PM
blackdak318
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jdt62
I went to hy-vee today. Drove my truck cause it looked like rain. There were many very cool cars of all kinds. Met and talked with a nice guy who had his Calloway Grand Sport vert there. The Wounded Warriors Cobra Mustang was very nice too. Just as I was beginning to regrette not driving my GS, it starts to mist and sprinkle. Maybe next week.

I'm not really into the "club" thing, but I'd be interested in a nw omaha meet sometime.
I saw you talking to that dude. I had the red C5 Z right next to his.

Also just an FYI - There is a 1320 Video sponsored burnout contest tomorrow at RPM Powersports starting at 4:00. Should be a good time.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:00 PM
pat2012c6
4th Gear

I think all of it can get old. Everything in moderation. Club, shows, whatever. Im more likely one to choose smelling burning rubber over manning a stand at a club event. As a matter of fact, Im gonna step out on a limb and say, screw manning a stand!! I could probably stand walking through 1 car show a year, Lol. I think the more casual Coffee Cruise seems cool but, 1) I couldnt find where the "cruise" part is. I guess too and from....? and 2) Am I the only one thinking why is this at 0730-0930 in the morning? Tell me some 70 year old who goes to bed at 8 PM didnt come up with that plan... Im rolling out of bed at 0930 if I didnt get twisted the night before... Ah, Im a second shifter with Monday-Tuesday off working for the railroad anyway so I'm gonna be a hard fit anyway..
Old 06-02-2013, 09:01 PM
jdt62
Instructor

Blackdak - your C5 Z was very nice. Next time I see your Z there I'll be sure to introduce myself.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:50 AM
Loc
Instructor

Originally Posted by pat2012c6
I think all of it can get old. Everything in moderation. Club, shows, whatever. Im more likely one to choose smelling burning rubber over manning a stand at a club event. As a matter of fact, Im gonna step out on a limb and say, screw manning a stand!! I could probably stand walking through 1 car show a year, Lol. I think the more casual Coffee Cruise seems cool but, 1) I couldnt find where the "cruise" part is. I guess too and from....? and 2) Am I the only one thinking why is this at 0730-0930 in the morning? Tell me some 70 year old who goes to bed at 8 PM didnt come up with that plan... Im rolling out of bed at 0930 if I didnt get twisted the night before... Ah, Im a second shifter with Monday-Tuesday off working for the railroad anyway so I'm gonna be a hard fit anyway..
Heck I am also on night working 6p to 6a. I find as much time to get out and cruise as I can. I really enjoy the car show because its fun to see all the custom cars and sit around and talk to the other car guys. I will be headed to Blair next Saturday. Should be alot of Vettes at that show.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:12 PM
workinslob
2nd Gear

Avoca, near Hwy 50 & Hwy 34 intersection. 74 up on stands, 6 years now. Rebuilt all suspension, brakes and steering. Doing body bushings now when time allows. Still tryin to get the #3 bolts out, both spun the nuts in the cages. Really good at pointing and drinking both and can do at the same time. I work for a large steel distributor in Omaha so if ya need some material at a decent price.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Jeremy58Jeremy
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Guys, I was thinking about going to Muscle car night at the Quaker Steak& Lube tonight around 6ish. If anyone wants to join me, come on out, I'll buy you a beer or something. I'm in the Dark Green 69 with Alaska plates
Jeremy
Old 06-09-2013, 10:44 PM
jdt62
Instructor

Jeremy58, it was nice to meet you Sat morning at HyVee. Have a safe trip back to Alaska and maybe we'll see you in a few weeks. - David
Old 06-10-2013, 02:22 PM
Jeremy58Jeremy
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jeremy58, it was nice to meet you Sat morning at HyVee. Have a safe trip back to Alaska and maybe we'll see you in a few weeks. - David
You too David! I'll be back in town on the 26th so weather depending I may come back out that weekend, enjoy that GS while I'm gone!
Old 06-15-2013, 04:32 AM
2JZSC3
Advanced

New guy here from the world of Supras, also had a couple mustangs

Picked up a 2002 Z06 this week, been on the forums sinve 2010, finally have a vette lol..

I was out at Cars in coffee a couple weeks ago in my red turbo supra, hope to bring the vette out soon.
Old 06-15-2013, 10:28 AM
jdt62
Instructor

Originally Posted by 2JZSC3
New guy here from the world of Supras, also had a couple mustangs

Picked up a 2002 Z06 this week, been on the forums sinve 2010, finally have a vette lol..

I was out at Cars in coffee a couple weeks ago in my red turbo supra, hope to bring the vette out soon.
I'll look for you at a future C&C. In the mean time, post a pic of your Z. What color is it?
Old 06-15-2013, 10:59 AM
2JZSC3
Advanced

I'll look for you at a future C&C. In the mean time, post a pic of your Z. What color is it?
Has a few nicks and scratches, was thinking about having it vinyl wrapped white.

Current pic

Old 06-20-2013, 10:31 AM
blackdak318
Pro

Guys,

I just got signed up for what I think is a great deal at MAM.

MidwestStangs (Mustang Club) got a track day on 8/31 they're having trouble filling. It's only $60 for the entire day and includes a lot of road course time (including certification) followed by drag strip.

The beginning of the day is road course orientation and time on the track with an instructor. Once that is complete you will receive your MAM certification that will allow you to attend any Fast Friday events. After lunch there will be 3 1/2 hours of open track time. Following that there will be several hours of open racing on the 1/8th mile drag strip.

This is open to ANY make/model car, not only mustangs!

They're trying to get the event filled (44 cars) by the end of June. I saw on their forum though that they are leaving registration open until July 15.

Here is the link with more info/instructions. Get signed up! I want this event to happen and I would LOVE for a bunch of Corvettes to show up at a mustang event and lay the smack down! LOL

http://www.midweststangs.com/trackday.html

Last edited by blackdak318; 06-20-2013 at 10:33 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:49 AM
blackdak318
Pro

Here is the full event breakdown:

2013 - 1st Annual Midwest Stangs Track Day at Mid-America Motorplex!
• Date: Saturday, 8/31/13 (rain date, Saturday, 10/19/13)
• Time: Road Course Class Instruction 10:30AM (please arrive 30 min. early)
• Location: Midamerica Motorplex, Jesup Gate (South Side of the Complex)
• Spectators, $10 (kids under 12 free). Lunch, $7

Join MAM and Midwest Stangs for an entire day of road course driving and Drag Racing! For your $60, you will be receiving classroom instruction and road course "MAM Certification" license, several hours of driving on the road course and several hours on the drag strip! This road course certification will allow you ongoing access to the road course "Fast Friday" program and is normally a $195 value by itself! Following the road course instruction lunch will be served in the patio area. Bring out your friends and family for this day of fun so that they can watch you with envy.

ROAD COURSE FORMAT:
Begin promptly at 10:30 with classroom instruction by PCA Certified Instructors. Attendees will receive road course "MAM Certification" license after about 90 minutes of instruction. This certification will allow the participant ongoing access to the Road Course "Fast Friday" program. Then lunch will be served in the patio area. Track opens at approximately 12:30, with participants spaced appropriately for safety. After assessment of skills by track staff, controlled "wheel to wheel" competition may be allowed. During classroom instruction, spectators may test drive dealer provided vehicles. The road course will close at about 3:30, where everyone will move on to the Drag Racing.

DRAG STRIP FORMAT:
So that we can remain as a group, all vehicles will pit together on the backstretch of the road course. Drags will be run as part of the regularly-scheduled bracket race. First test and tune for dial-in starts at 3:30-4:00. We will then run as 2 classes (Club Novice and Club Experienced) in the Summit ET Bracket Race with the regular classes. Trophies will be awarded, and if there is interest, an 80% payout gambler's bracket race may be run in both classes with $10 entry/$10 buybacks (proceeds go to the Club). Participants that have been eliminated will still have an opportunity to make runs between classes. The event should end at approximately 11pm. The event will follow posted track rules for ET Bracket Events. A "Grudge Lane" will be designated for head-to-head competition for those participants who have been eliminated from the bracket event. Those runs will be made during cool-downs between classes later in the Summit ET Bracket Race. Based on this format, you will be able to get lots of runs in on a very well prepped track with full Rolling Thunder Staff, and if you are lucky...maybe even take home a trophy!

OTHER INFORMATION:
• Refunds only if both events rain out or are cancelled, otherwise non-refundable.
• Demo cars will be provided at the road course by Baxter Ford.
• Quick tech inspection will be performed on all vehicles by MAM personnel during class instruction and lunch.
• Track liability waivers will be signed by each participant according to MAM policy.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:39 PM
Tony76
4th Gear

108th & center area Omaha with a 76 nice to meet you all
Old 06-21-2013, 08:11 PM
jdt62
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tony76
108th & center area Omaha with a 76 nice to meet you all
Welcome Tony. I'll probably be at HyVee Sat morning (Coffee Cruise 730 - 930, 156 & maple). Usually lots of cool cars of all kinds, age, and condition. Stop out and say hi.

- David (ssb gs vert)

Get notified of new replies

To Nebraska people chime in

Old 06-23-2013, 08:08 AM
gilhuly
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

ttt
Old 06-24-2013, 07:12 AM
Loc
Instructor

Was at a car show yesterday in Lincoln. Saw about 10 Vettes and had a good time.
Old 07-06-2013, 11:55 AM
Spreader
Advanced

I stopped in the Coffee Cruise for a bit this morning with my "classic" car:

Quick Reply: Nebraska people chime in