Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Falcon COS CO get togethers

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2014, 10:17 PM
thegreenman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Falcon COS CO get togethers

I moved to CO last fall and I am finally getting Friday/Saturdays off for a few weeks.

Waved to many around here, I just haven't had the time or found the place to chat.

I have 08 Coupe with some mods, plate = BOOSTD if others look at plates as I do.

Not to sound desperate, but where is a good place to meet up with other Vette guys in the Falcon/Colorado Springs area?
Old 07-15-2014, 12:42 AM
unitedelements
Advanced

If you have a Facebook account check out 719 Street scene, and nationwide productions. Those are the two bigger groups that post about meets. It is a younger crowd, but there are a few of us at these meets.
Old 07-15-2014, 11:15 PM
thegreenman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by unitedelements
If you have a Facebook account check out 719 Street scene, and nationwide productions. Those are the two bigger groups that post about meets. It is a younger crowd, but there are a few of us at these meets.
Thanks, I will keep eyes on the sites to see if anything is going on.

I see a lot of really nice cars around, must be some regular cruise-in places in the area.
Old 07-17-2014, 08:42 PM
5280Racer
Drifting

My car will be running on sunday.. and once I have broken it in I will organize a cruise.. there is also the PIT Rally coming up and NASA is going to be doing TT and HPDE in august at PPIR.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:00 PM
thegreenman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 5280Racer
My car will be running on sunday.. and once I have broken it in I will organize a cruise.. there is also the PIT Rally coming up and NASA is going to be doing TT and HPDE in august at PPIR.
I need to replace my meth pump and get tuned, don't know if I can get that done in time for the events.

I am up for a cruise.
Old 07-18-2014, 12:15 AM
monza_man
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I am up for a cruise also!
Old 07-19-2014, 08:38 AM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 646 Likes on 388 Posts

Sounds good. My engine is done and we just took the car down to the shop yesterday for installation. Should be done by 7/25.

Old 07-19-2014, 11:15 AM
5280Racer
Drifting

Originally Posted by 7LitreC5
Sounds good. My engine is done and we just took the car down to the shop yesterday for installation. Should be done by 7/25.
Awesome! I'm still waiting on paint.. which the painter has been flogging me around for over 2 months.. monday is d-day for him and he gets the wrath of my wife..!
Old 07-19-2014, 07:52 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Paint and bodywork always seems to take the longest. I'm glad to hear that your project is nearing completion. Golen broke my engine in on their engine dyno so it will be ready to run immediately.

Awesome! I'm still waiting on paint.. which the painter has been flogging me around for over 2 months.. monday is d-day for him and he gets the wrath of my wife..!
Old 07-20-2014, 10:14 PM
thegreenman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by unitedelements
I made it to the 719 Street Scene meet up, meet some good guys there. Crowd was a little to young for me but all seemed friendly enough.

I was told to check out Southside Johnny's Saturday nights. I was told it would be more along the crowd I am looking for (nicely told it was an older crowd).

Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-16-2014, 10:56 PM
Matt Clawson
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I'll be back in the area in a few weeks (Colorado Springs). In the year I was there so far, I didn't see much of a car scene, but I haven't seen the 719 meet ups. I read you said it was a younger group, but i'm also way past the phase of my life where I need a giant spoiler on a FWD Civic. On the flip side, the Corvette Club in Colorado Springs is a bit older, but well developed with some Auto-X racers in there.

Matt
Old 08-17-2014, 10:49 PM
thegreenman
Burning Brakes

Every Friday and Saturday I see hot rods, cool cars all over, I just haven't been lucky enough to find out where they are headed.

I have talked to several Vette guys, but not ONE knew of any place to go to meet up or hang out with fellow Vette guys, seems odd to me with the number of Vettes around.

I am thinking of making a trip to Denver to hang out, I have been told to cruise into 16th street to see a good selection of nice cars.

I am not having any problems meeting up with fellow Harley guys, they were inviting me to events even before I bought my bike.

In a few weeks I will be working weekend and nights, my summer is almost over.

I will hunt down a couple of leads this coming weekend to see if I can get my hot rod fix.

When you get back in town, shoot me an PM and maybe we can start a Vette get together somewhere.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:05 PM
JPGuitarist
8th Gear

Originally Posted by thegreenman
Every Friday and Saturday I see hot rods, cool cars all over, I just haven't been lucky enough to find out where they are headed.

I have talked to several Vette guys, but not ONE knew of any place to go to meet up or hang out with fellow Vette guys, seems odd to me with the number of Vettes around.

I am thinking of making a trip to Denver to hang out, I have been told to cruise into 16th street to see a good selection of nice cars.

I am not having any problems meeting up with fellow Harley guys, they were inviting me to events even before I bought my bike.

In a few weeks I will be working weekend and nights, my summer is almost over.

I will hunt down a couple of leads this coming weekend to see if I can get my hot rod fix.

When you get back in town, shoot me an PM and maybe we can start a Vette get together somewhere.
Hi greenman... My name is Justin, I also live in the falcon area. NE about 10 miles to be more exact. East side of black forest. I have a 2000 coupe, white with GS stripes on the fenders. send me an email at jdubya2006 at msn dot com if you ever need help with your car or just want to go cruise or bs about vettes. On Friday nights in falcon there is a cruise-in at the culvers near walmart. Been there once.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:20 PM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

What time is the Culvers cruise?

Originally Posted by JPGuitarist
Hi greenman... My name is Justin, I also live in the falcon area. NE about 10 miles to be more exact. East side of black forest. I have a 2000 coupe, white with GS stripes on the fenders. send me an email at jdubya2006 at msn dot com if you ever need help with your car or just want to go cruise or bs about vettes. On Friday nights in falcon there is a cruise-in at the culvers near walmart. Been there once.
Old 08-22-2014, 06:50 PM
JPGuitarist
8th Gear

Originally Posted by 7LitreC5
What time is the Culvers cruise?
Last time I went a month ago, I got there about 4:30-5pm. They also give out a 10% discount card for the food there for car owners (if you like culvers)

I just found a calendar that shows that they are hosting it every Friday night through October 3rd which is the last for the year.

Let me know if you might go, would love to meet some of you guys.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:40 PM
thegreenman
Burning Brakes

I just went to Culvers hoping to see some Vettes, there was one white C3 there but I didn't get to meet them, good food.

Maybe we can arrange a meet-up at Culver next Friday or somewhere else if anyone is game.

I have been here for over 10 months and haven't meet up with a group of Vettes yet, I think I am going through Corvette withdrawals.

Get notified of new replies

To Falcon COS CO get togethers

Quick Reply: Falcon COS CO get togethers