Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

bills automotive Littleton

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2014, 07:37 PM
gunny3202
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think bills automotive is a bunch of scam artists. Bill worked on my car, had a few issues took the car back to fix. Then Bill moves across the country without finishing my tune. He was already paid in full. Or ever tried to contact me to let me know he's moving. I find out through this forum. He says he sold the business to another guy And they could finish my tune. I spoke with Ian and Bill agreed to credit my money to finish my tune. They tune my car and say "I need my money", another 550$. I said I already paid bill and have an email from Bill saying he would pay. They said not my problem and take take it up with Bill. So I paid "bills automotive" 1150$ for a tune all together. I email Bill and he seemed mad because he had already paid for the tune work and did the leg work the tune. He was shocked to know why they charged me again. Bill asked for me to send him my receipt for the tune and he would help me out. I emailed everything and no response back. Three emails later over a month, no response. These guys are a bunch of scam artists. You all might have had a different experience but mine is 1150$ for a tune and he said she said ****. I have all the emails to back up all my info. Their reputations don't match there actions now.

Last edited by gunny3202; 10-14-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:24 PM
5280Racer
Drifting

Bill took some of my money before he had left too and didn't do anything and I was out paying for Ian to get the break in tune for my car again. I haven't emailed him or even asked him to return my 100 bucks because simply Im a violent person and tough talking someone in an email won't get me anywhere and he is in another continent for a few years. Ian is competent in tuning and he will have the first wack at my car again once I rebuild the engine that was assembled incorrectly.
Old 10-19-2014, 01:47 AM
unitedelements
Advanced

Hope he fixes these issues for you guys, or he won't have a warm reception on his return home. Having a few bad customer interactions will stay with an automotive service for years.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:05 PM
gunny3202
4th Gear

Default Bad business.

Bill was very responsive to my emails and supposedly talked to Ian and emailed my tune and all this work. Ian said he never talked to him. The new owner said the same thing. I email bill and he said he was pissed at them because he had already paid them for the tune and did all the work and all they had to do was upload it. Well Ian says they had to custom built one and charged me 550$ after bill said he told them he would pay over the phone with a credit card. There has been so much he said she said lying. I don't know who to trust but my cars done. Once I told Bill they charged me he was shocked and said he would credit me my money back. Then magically stopped emailing me. That was a month ago. So I don't see him fixing anything but he will find a nice lawsuit when he comes back to the states. Pretty silly for a guy who had a good reputation

Last edited by gunny3202; 10-19-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:26 AM
S.U. Vette
Pro

When I started reading some of these posts, I thought it sounded strange for Bill. Just doesn't seem like him at all. I sent him a link and this was his response to me.

Nice, I learned that I was trained by Clint and a scammer.
Michael with the black Z06 is a real piece of work and came by and asked me to upload his tune from his old car he wrecked, and gave me $100 bucks for the credit only I had to copy and paste the tune over. Never dyno'd it or street tuned it. I did this as a favor for him.
Then the engine started misfiring and lost oil pressure from something in the build the not to long after it and it never made it past 50 mile break in.

The other person neglected to tell the whole story. Three and a half weeks prior to me leaving the country he brings his car to my shop and drops the car in the night drop and claims it won't pass emissions and needs a tune. What he didn't say is after idling for 10 minutes it starts pluming smoke and didn't even mention it didn't even have oil on the dipstick. Lucky we caught that the oil on preliminary check.
Long story short his buddy put heads/cam in it and tore 75% of the valve seals I he asked me to find out why. I had $100 hp credit, paid Ian $200 for doing a start up tune because he was giving me a hand on it because it would die on start, pulled valve covers, cleaned out the crap laying on the head.
I originally told him minimum $100 for tear down. He didn't want me to charge him labor to replace the seals so we reassemble everything and I told him $100 for reassembly on top of the four quarts of oil I put in it. This was on a Thursday and he said he be back Friday. Well he didn't show or call until I was in dubai for over a week. He wanted me to eat the whole job and pay $550 which he already had Ian tune it so just disregard the time I have in it for the prior mechanical issues he had an inexperienced individual do. I told him I'd work with him so I tried to give an inch but he wanted a mile.

This is why I hate forums period. Sometimes the ones that bitch and complain about people never usually tell the whole side of the story. If you want copy and paste this, you guys have known me for a hell of a long time and I have had the chance to meet some really great people and some characters. I had a great opportunity for me and my family arise and I guess I was selfish and took it
Old 10-21-2014, 04:16 PM
gunny3202
4th Gear

Default Bill is a liar, flat out

lets get a few things straight. I called and explained everything to Bill way before I brought it down there. He knew it needed to pass emissions and had a valve seal leak. I changed the spark plugs and gave it a oil change. So he is 100% lying about adding 4 quarts to my car. Also I went in the middle of the morning at my scheduled time and he wasn't there. I dropped off everything with his wife and asked him to call me. Bill never once called me. My car had trouble passing emissions which is why I brought it to him. He said it needed new cats. I went the next day and got new cats and went to the emissions place myself. And it passed. All he had to do was add power back in it. He said it smoked "alittle" when it starts and I said it had a valve seal leak. I agreed he could pull a valve cover to see. It was the valve seals. He said he would like it fixed before tuning it. Again I took the car back and it took the guy a few weeks to replace. In that time bill never called to say he was moving. He said bring it back when it was done. Bill says he didn't have my contact info but yet I called over 15 times. I have always acknowledged his work but I paid him for a job that he didn't finish. Then when I went to Ian he had a completely different story. Because of bills lack of being a professional it cost me another 550$. Bill was willing to help before he realized he was 100% the cause of all this. So now he is lying to try and Save face. So let's recap what Bill is lying about. Never did he put oil in my car. 2 I dropped my car off to his wife in the morning. 3 I did everything Bill asked. 4 Bill knew it might have a valve seal leak. Ian tuned my car. No problem. Car has no problems. 5 Bill never mentioned once about putting oil in. 6 Bill did call me back after he found the valve seals. So he had my contact number. It's not the customers fault Bill left the country without tying up loose ends. And now it shows what a liar he is. Ian and the new shop owner told me flat out they didn't trust Bill would pay them. Bill is playing the victim now but I have no reason to lie or make this up. Bill messed up and is afraid to fix it. I'm not taking a mile but when I pay for someone to complete a job and you don't and I have to pay to have that job completed again. Yeah, it's your fault.

;1588088414]When I started reading some of these posts, I thought it sounded strange for Bill. Just doesn't seem like him at all. I sent him a link and this was his response to me.[/QUOTE]

Last edited by gunny3202; 10-21-2014 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:24 PM
gunny3202
4th Gear

Also. I did not say I would be back the next day. I said I would drop it off and hopefully it would done that weekend. He's exact words were " don't worry just bring it back when it was done" and You knew where I work. He never mentioned anything about leaving or anything of the sort. I called the shop for a week with no answer before I found out from this forum he moved out of the country. That's my fault right? Bill would of been just fine never hearing for me again. And I bet he was expecting that. Again he was a shady person from the start of the experience. And it continues. Also. I drove this car without a tune for 2 years so it idled fine and it did have a puff of smoke at start up but didn't billow like he is trying to over embellish. My tract record was anything he asked I did. So my declining him to do my valve seals. Yeah I did. He was going to charge me 450$ but he said contact my buddy and if he will replace them for free do that and it would only be 100$ to pull and put back the valve covers. My buddy being a stand up guy. Bought replaced all for free SINCE I PAID HIM TO COMPLETE A JOB. Amazing the truth looks a lot different now. Just like my experience with Eli, Ian and Bill. Who's telling the truth and who is lying. Bill has all the reasons to lie. End of story!

Last edited by gunny3202; 10-21-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 12:23 AM
5280Racer
Drifting

I spoke with Bill today and he has filled me on on all the details... I do miss him and with he was back...

Quick Reply: bills automotive Littleton