Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

BendPak Lift Installer

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 11:33 PM
jfw_c5_z06
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BendPak Lift Installer

I'm looking for an installer in the Denver Area for a BendPak 4-post lift in my garage. Anyone know a reliable installer?
Old 09-05-2014, 12:31 PM
mattba
Pro

Received 262 Likes on 114 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by jfw_c5_z06
I'm looking for an installer in the Denver Area for a BendPak 4-post lift in my garage. Anyone know a reliable installer?
Both these guys have lift service companies and are highly recommended by Bend Pak:
Jerry (720) 244-4144
Jim Beck (303) 923-3542

I'm curious why you are going with Bend Pak rather than Direct Lift which is about $1,000 cheaper? I'm trying to decide on a lift and keep going back and forth...
Old 09-05-2014, 10:46 PM
jfw_c5_z06
4th Gear

Thanks much for the reply. In between my posting and your reply, I had talked to BendPak Tech Support, and they gave me both these guy's names.

As far as the choice of BendPak, it was mainly on feedback I received from some of my brother's buddies that have BendPak lifts (they were happy). Also, the price difference was quite a bit less than your reply (but still more).

Now, for the install in my garage with shims to compensate for the slope of floor....
Old 09-06-2014, 02:33 AM
mattba
Pro

Received 262 Likes on 114 Posts
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Originally Posted by jfw_c5_z06
Thanks much for the reply. In between my posting and your reply, I had talked to BendPak Tech Support, and they gave me both these guy's names.

As far as the choice of BendPak, it was mainly on feedback I received from some of my brother's buddies that have BendPak lifts (they were happy). Also, the price difference was quite a bit less than your reply (but still more).

Now, for the install in my garage with shims to compensate for the slope of floor....
The $1000 includes some accessories that are extra with Bendpak and included with Direct that I would want. Also speaking of floor slope I have 2 inches in slope for the length of the lift. I was thinking I wouldn't need shims for that 2 inch slope. Do you have more slope? Almost all garages have some but I was hoping I wouldn't need shims because I was told with shims you need to bolt to the floor. Any thoughts?
Old 09-06-2014, 07:47 AM
7LitreC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 646 Likes on 388 Posts

I don't have experience with Bend Pak but do own a Direct Lift. I've had it for 4-1/2 years and it has performed flawlessly in that time. I don't know how much my floor slopes but the adjusters are right near the limit to level the lift. I installed the lift myself with help from friends to lift the heavy parts. Very easy to assemble and setup.

Originally Posted by mattba
The $1000 includes some accessories that are extra with Bendpak and included with Direct that I would want. Also speaking of floor slope I have 2 inches in slope for the length of the lift. I was thinking I wouldn't need shims for that 2 inch slope. Do you have more slope? Almost all garages have some but I was hoping I wouldn't need shims because I was told with shims you need to bolt to the floor. Any thoughts?
Old 09-09-2014, 10:27 PM
jfw_c5_z06
4th Gear

Originally Posted by mattba
My slope is 3 inches, so felt like it needed to shimmed. Yeah, it will need to be anchored to the floor to keep the shims from moving.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:21 PM
34RedRage
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dude, install it yourself. piece of cake and about 3-4 hour job.....
Old 09-22-2014, 01:18 PM
Bgreenard
Go Fast

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

I second using Jim Beck, Becks Automotive Lift Service (303) 923-3542. He installed my Bendpak HD 9 XW back in Jan. He and his team was quick and efficent. Very pleased with the work
Old 10-07-2014, 10:27 PM
Goleta70
Navigator

Default New install by Bendpak today

I purchased a BendPak HD 9ST. I ordered direct from Santa Paula and paid for them to install. It all went great! I am glad I paid for install. Three guys took 3 hours to set up and test. It is heavy stuff and you will need special tool to cut tubing for hydraulic and air systems. I strongly recommend you hire it done. Also you will need a fork lift to unload from motor freight most likely.

Good luck with your install. Hope you get a good crew.
Old 10-08-2014, 07:12 PM
jfw_c5_z06
4th Gear

Got my lift installed with no issues. Jerry Hampton did the install; he constructed the shims on-site. Install time was about 6 hours with Jerry working alone. Thanks for everyone's input.
Old 10-19-2014, 12:09 PM
KemahGT
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 184 Posts

I was able to borrow one of these to install my Bendpak HD-7P. But now I find that the new Z06 track is too wide to fit on the lift! I might have to settle for a Z51!

Old 10-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Bgreenard
Go Fast

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by KemahGT
I was able to borrow one of these to install my Bendpak HD-7P. But now I find that the new Z06 track is too wide to fit on the lift! I might have to settle for a Z51!

Maybe you should contact Bendpak to inquire about exchanging parts to make it an extra wide lift, if you have the room. I would hate a $3k lift dictate my car choice.
Old 10-20-2014, 02:23 PM
KemahGT
Burning Brakes

Received 282 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by Bgreenard
Maybe you should contact Bendpak to inquire about exchanging parts to make it an extra wide lift, if you have the room. I would hate a $3k lift dictate my car choice.
Right now it's pretty much my garage size that's limiting my lift width. I'm already pretty crowded in my narrow and short garage.

Get notified of new replies

To BendPak Lift Installer

Quick Reply: BendPak Lift Installer