Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Question for a mod in Denver

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 11:33 AM
Nostrashawnus
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for a mod in Denver

Here we go.... I have an 84 that has 98K miles original. The car has sat for 5 years, and I just recently pulled the engine and put all new seals/gaskets in it. I am getting the TPS and MAF code, but I haven't got around to measuring the voltage or replacing them yet.
Here is my question. Due to the emissions laws in Denver, I want to know if replacing the injection system with a different intake and mechanical carb is a valid idea?
Am I opening a huge can of worms by doing so. (computer, dash....etc...)
And,
Emissions...how would that all work?

Thanks!
Shawn
Old 07-15-2015, 08:43 PM
vette 99
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nostrashawnus
Here we go.... I have an 84 that has 98K miles original. The car has sat for 5 years, and I just recently pulled the engine and put all new seals/gaskets in it. I am getting the TPS and MAF code, but I haven't got around to measuring the voltage or replacing them yet.
Here is my question. Due to the emissions laws in Denver, I want to know if replacing the injection system with a different intake and mechanical carb is a valid idea?
Am I opening a huge can of worms by doing so. (computer, dash....etc...)
And,
Emissions...how would that all work?

Thanks!
Shawn
Hey Shawn. Rich at Corvette Connection here in Denver. We have vast Experience with 84 Vette's, and Colorado Emissions. If you mess with the Injection System, and go Carb, you will not Pass Colorado Emissions. We have had Great Luck Tuning the 84, where a lot of people shy away from them. A TPS Code could be simply the High/Low Voltage needs to be Set. Now the MAF.....the 84 Crossfire does not have a MAF, but does have a MAP Sensor. This can be a Simple as a Vacuum Leak that will take the MAP Sensor down. If you indeed have a Vacuum Leak, the Car will run very poorly, but is a simple fix. If you need us, call 303.298.8388 and we can talk on the phone, or set an appointment for service!!

Thanks
Rich

Owner
Corvette Connection & Performance, Inc.

Quick Reply: Question for a mod in Denver