Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

JDPmotorsports in Sandy UT

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2016, 07:23 PM
Nick_04k
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default JDPmotorsports in Sandy UT

exploring several different tuning options but after talking with Jared via PM decided to give JDP a try as they are semi local to me. (170 miles lol)

My car is a CGM 3LT A6 Coupe with 17,xxx miles. I plan to supercharge the car shortly down the road so i threw in some LS9 headgaskets "because i was already in there". The LS9 Headgaskets and a set of ceramic coated Pacesetter 1 7/8 headers mated to the stock x pipe are the only modifications ive made. I just ordered the MONSTER RX catch can setup for the car as well but i dont think that it will be here until after the tuning.
(Side note: The pacesetter headers were absolutely great, slipped in drama free and bolted up no problems. The drivers side rubs the steering shaft VERY slightly but i havent noticed any real side effects from that at all. For the $$$ i dont think they can be touched by any other manufacturer )

I consider myself to be more aggressive on preferences/expectations for the typical comfort vs. performance correlation and i want the car tuned to reflect that. I want TQ management tuned out mostly, and id like the shifts as aggressive as can be done without hurting the longevity of the transmission etc. I dont know if its possible but i also would like Sport mode to hold gears much longer than it does now, i feel like its barely different than D at the moment.

This is my first ever tuning session and im just looking for advice from those that have been here on my expectations and preferences. Tips/Suggestions and discussion on what i want done or on JDP is absolutely welcomed and encouraged!

Of course ill update this thread with pics/vids/numbers after the tune and share my thoughts and experiences with the forum!

Quick Reply: JDPmotorsports in Sandy UT