Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Kc bbq

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 08:28 PM
blu_c6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Kc bbq

Hello KC members,

I will be in Kansas City August 4 and 5 for the ball games and some curling and want to try some famous bbq. Where to you recommend I go for the best?
Old 07-22-2016, 10:35 AM
Rick in KC
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ah, let's talk about something easy, like what is the best road to drive in a Vette or the best car polish!! Ask 100 people from KC for their best BBQ joint and you'll get about 99 answers. Having recently moved away from Kansas City, I miss the grandkids and the BBQ, and I'm not sure which one more! In my opinion, there are about three BBQ places that stand out:

Joes Kansas City is one of the best casual joints. Burnt ends!!

Jack Stack BBQ in Freight District is more elegant (they have other resturants that are more casual). Amazing Crown Beef Rib!

BB"s Lawnside BBQ is my favorite because they have live Blues music and great food. Definately a "joint" but with the best fries.

Enjoy your trip and have a rib (or two or three) for me.
Old 07-22-2016, 11:44 AM
detaildude
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I concur with all three suggestions!
Old 07-22-2016, 12:05 PM
blu_c6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick in KC
Ah, let's talk about something easy, like what is the best road to drive in a Vette or the best car polish!! Ask 100 people from KC for their best BBQ joint and you'll get about 99 answers. Having recently moved away from Kansas City, I miss the grandkids and the BBQ, and I'm not sure which one more! In my opinion, there are about three BBQ places that stand out:

Joes Kansas City is one of the best casual joints. Burnt ends!!

Jack Stack BBQ in Freight District is more elegant (they have other resturants that are more casual). Amazing Crown Beef Rib!

BB"s Lawnside BBQ is my favorite because they have live Blues music and great food. Definately a "joint" but with the best fries.

Enjoy your trip and have a rib (or two or three) for me.

Thanks Rick, I know everyone has their own opinion and just looking for some ideas of what is good. Only there for 2 nights and then off on the rest of my cross country trip. Have heard so much about the BBQ there that we need to try some place good.

Get notified of new replies

To Kc bbq