CORVETTES AT CARLISLE : August 24-26, 2012 : Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 10:33 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

If you don't mind a small drive, try the Super 8 in Scotland, Pa. It's about 25 miles, but an easy drive on 81 straight in to the fairgrounds. Early in the morning there is absolutely no traffic, and even in the afternoon it's not that bad. The hotel is clean and quiet and there's a mall across the road and a McDonalds. Of course there's a restaurant in the mall as well. We've stayed there a couple of times and been satisfied. Only thing is, demand that they don't give you a basement room. A bit musty. Price is around $90 a nite.

Originally Posted by Bonefishmak

Looking for suggestions for hotels...that won't break the bank. Most I just checked are either booked or $192.00 a night. Looking for more like a $100.00ish a night at most. A clean hotel and maybe some place to meet some people on this forum and safe for the car.

Let me know...I'll book it!

Thanks!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:40 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

We're getting some neat submissions for this year's Chip's Choice featuring "Best of the Big Blocks". We've nailed down a lot of great features for the event too. All in all we're rocking and rolling. If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate posting them here or hit me with a PM.

Life is good,

Lance
Old 02-02-2012, 07:48 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

can't wait for the big block list... and..are you having a dedicated area for the Carlisle Blue car parking?
Old 03-06-2012, 01:55 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster
can't wait for the big block list... and..are you having a dedicated area for the Carlisle Blue car parking?
Yes, we'll have a spot for 'em for sure! Heck, this is truly our 30th season

Life is good,

Lance
Old 03-06-2012, 02:47 PM
jimmymack
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11,'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21,'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by zipity
Already registered.

Is it August yet?
Jeff. It's been an excellent winter for getting the car out and about, but can't wait for the cruise in's and shows to get going.
Old 03-09-2012, 01:32 AM
teenVette
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I really do hope I can make it this year
Old 03-19-2012, 09:40 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by teenVette
I really do hope I can make it this year
The entire Corvettes at Carlisle event team hopes you can make it too!

Lance
Old 03-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Zelicious
Pro

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonefishmak

Looking for suggestions for hotels...that won't break the bank. Most I just checked are either booked or $192.00 a night. Looking for more like a $100.00ish a night at most. A clean hotel and maybe some place to meet some people on this forum and safe for the car.

Let me know...I'll book it!

Thanks!
Try this place. It's right at I-83 and the PA Turnpike. Place is clean, has a restaurant and a lounge. Great place to meet up or have a group stay there. Rates are in your price range as well. Good parking too!

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/...cc/hoteldetail
Old 03-21-2012, 08:53 AM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 304 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by redvettegirl2004
Try this place. It's right at I-83 and the PA Turnpike. Place is clean, has a restaurant and a lounge. Great place to meet up or have a group stay there. Rates are in your price range as well. Good parking too!

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/...cc/hoteldetail
I've stayed there the last few years and it worked out well. Good parking too.
Old 03-23-2012, 04:30 PM
jimmymack
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11,'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21,'22-'23-'24

Originally Posted by CTYANK2
I've stayed there the last few years and it worked out well. Good parking too.
X2. Stayed there the last 4 years, no issues. They will let you drop your bags off in am while you head up, then check in when you get back.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:17 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

"duplicate"

Last edited by USA1 427; 04-06-2012 at 01:18 AM. Reason: dupe
Old 04-02-2012, 09:14 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Is anyone ready for Corvettes at Carlisle yet?!?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:36 AM
Jim Martley2
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You can bet the farm that I am!!! The way the gas prices are going and other expences that rise with the cost of oil, it doesn't make sense to go long distances to one day shows anymore for me. I am saving all my gas money for Maine & Carlisle.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:52 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm with you Jim, the number one event for any Corvette owners is Carlisle....
Old 04-09-2012, 07:31 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

I've never been to Corvettes at Carlisle and this year I think I'm going to join in on the fun. Got most of my answers from the website.

I have a couple newbie questions....
1.Where the heck do you park if you have to register before entering the fair grounds? The Corvette only parking is inside the fair grounds is it not?
I only plan on coming out for a day or two max. so no need for the entire weekend registration wise.

2. The auto-x on Friday, is this just a practice session w/instructors?
Is the actual one on Sunday? If I read the section on that correctly??

3. Anyone know what the Dyno sessions cost. I'd love to just get a baseline on my Corvette.

Thanks to all who answer.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:34 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 93Rubie
I've never been to Corvettes at Carlisle and this year I think I'm going to join in on the fun. Got most of my answers from the website.

I have a couple newbie questions....
1.Where the heck do you park if you have to register before entering the fair grounds? The Corvette only parking is inside the fair grounds is it not?
I only plan on coming out for a day or two max. so no need for the entire weekend registration wise.

2. The auto-x on Friday, is this just a practice session w/instructors?
Is the actual one on Sunday? If I read the section on that correctly??

3. Anyone know what the Dyno sessions cost. I'd love to just get a baseline on my Corvette.

Thanks to all who answer.
First and foremost - we're thrilled you'll be joining us for your first time!

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) We have general Corvette-only parking available on the grounds, you would need to enter towards Gate 1. Please keep in mind if you and a friend come to the event there is a fee for each person (basically $14 per person per day along with a $10 parking fee each day). The Fun Field entry allows admission for two and guaranteed parking on the Fun Field (showfield which is located inside Gate 3). You also receive a goody bag along with a free t-shirt at the event. Heck, your Corvette might even get an award from a Celebrity Judge. Okay, enough of the sales pitch (almost...). If you'd like to register for the Fun Field for $60, follow this link... Gate & Go Registration.

2) Friday is a practice session for the Auto X. Drivers will need to use their own vehicle and you have to register during the event. It's always a good time from what I've been told - heck, I'd love to be down there enjoying the track with my car! If you do a search on YouTube.com you'll see a few people that posted videos from previous years just to give you an idea of the autocross track.

3) The Dyno session does have a fee and will measure the rear wheel horse power of your Corvette, I'm not certain of the price at this time. However I’d recommend contacting Accelerated Motorsports, they handle the dyno reservations: 215-297-8139 (they also reserve the dyno for clubs if you call 'em) / email: dale@axceleratedmotorsports.com.

Again, we're thrilled to have you join us. Our goal is to ensure we provide every person that enters the gate a wonderful experience so you make it an annual tradition!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate posting them here.

Cheers,

Lance
Old 04-18-2012, 08:36 AM
plasboy
Drifting

Received 175 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by racelance
First and foremost - we're thrilled you'll be joining us for your first time!

Here are the answers to your questions:

1) We have general Corvette-only parking available on the grounds, you would need to enter towards Gate 1. Please keep in mind if you and a friend come to the event there is a fee for each person (basically $14 per person per day along with a $10 parking fee each day). The Fun Field entry allows admission for two and guaranteed parking on the Fun Field (showfield which is located inside Gate 3). You also receive a goody bag along with a free t-shirt at the event. Heck, your Corvette might even get an award from a Celebrity Judge. Okay, enough of the sales pitch (almost...). If you'd like to register for the Fun Field for $60, follow this link... Gate & Go Registration.

2) Friday is a practice session for the Auto X. Drivers will need to use their own vehicle and you have to register during the event. It's always a good time from what I've been told - heck, I'd love to be down there enjoying the track with my car! If you do a search on YouTube.com you'll see a few people that posted videos from previous years just to give you an idea of the autocross track.

3) The Dyno session does have a fee and will measure the rear wheel horse power of your Corvette, I'm not certain of the price at this time. However I’d recommend contacting Accelerated Motorsports, they handle the dyno reservations: 215-297-8139 (they also reserve the dyno for clubs if you call 'em) / email: dale@axceleratedmotorsports.com.

Again, we're thrilled to have you join us. Our goal is to ensure we provide every person that enters the gate a wonderful experience so you make it an annual tradition!

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate posting them here.

Cheers,

Lance

Thaks,it's our first time too so the info helps.

Get notified of new replies

To CORVETTES AT CARLISLE : August 24-26, 2012 : Official Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 10:02 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by plasboy
Thaks,it's our first time too so the info helps.
Welcome! We're excited to have some 'newbies' to Corvettes at Carlisle. I'm sincere in asking you to provide us with your feedback... it's the only way we can improve and it's always nice to hear from fresh eyes.

Thanks,

Lance

PS Let me know if you have any questions, I'll be happy to help answer them for you.
Old 04-20-2012, 09:09 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Yes but I am going to spring first of course

Originally Posted by racelance
Is anyone ready for Corvettes at Carlisle yet?!?
Old 04-20-2012, 09:13 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Lance,
Any word what the give away car will be yet this year?

Tom M

Quick Reply: CORVETTES AT CARLISLE : August 24-26, 2012 : Official Thread