CORVETTES AT CARLISLE : August 24-26, 2012 : Official Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 09:31 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Default CORVETTES AT CARLISLE : August 24-26, 2012 : Official Thread

Corvettes at Carlisle August 24-26, 2012

Here are a couple of links that might help you if you will be attending the world best Corvette event in the world (okay, I’m biased!?!) … Corvettes at Carlisle:

1. Corvettes at Carlisle Website - please check back frequently because we're continually updating our website to reflect any new activies!

2. Registering your Corvette for the Fun Field Sponsored by Corvette America.

--> A special display for this year will include the 25th anniversary for Callaway Corvettes - don't miss this incredible display of vehicles! Hosted by the Callaway Owners Group.

--> 1962 Corvette Reunion - It's the 50th year celebration, click here to join us!

3. Directions to/from Carlisle, PA

4. Event details for the weekend - We'll update this frequently so be sure to check back often.

5. Hotel Information & Contact List

6. Weather in Carlisle, PA

7. Saturday @ NOON - August 25, 2012 - REV YOUR ENGINES for 15 seconds & follow with a moment of silence. A tribute for my father, Chip Miller, who passed away from amyloidosis (more info: ChipMiller.org).

8. Chip's Choice is a special invitation-only display inside of Building T that highlights one aspect of the Corvette hobby. This year's theme will be "Best of the Big Blocks". The display will showcase and tell the story of Corvettes that were born with a ‘Big Block’, expect to see some great Corvettes that carry the biggest and best engines in the hobby.

10. CORVETTE GIVEAWAY sponsored by AllVette.net!!! Click here to register...

If you have any questions, please feel free posting them here & I'll be happy to answer them (to the best of my ability) for you. I'm looking forward to another incredible year; we appreciate your strong support!

If anyone has anything else that would be helpful to add - please feel free posting it here.

Again, I'm looking forward to another wonderful year of Corvettes at Carlisle!

Life is good,

Lance Miller

PS To get the latest up to date information sign up for our ENEWSLETTER - CLICK HERE!

Last edited by racelance; 04-24-2012 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:35 PM
0Callaway Chris
Former Vendor

Received 738 Likes on 419 Posts

Lance,

Thanks for hosting the Callaway Reunion in celebration of 25-Years of Callaway Corvettes

If you have a Callaway and would like additional information about Callaway Owners Group activities during this event or any other Callaway-specific details of the show, please visit www.callawayownersgroup.com

For more information about Callaway vehicles, please visit www.callawaycars.com

See you in August!
Old 11-15-2011, 05:30 PM
zipity
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 668 Likes on 290 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Already registered.

Is it August yet?
Old 11-16-2011, 06:56 AM
Jim Martley2
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by zipity
Is it August yet?
It's getting closer EVERY DAY!!
Old 11-17-2011, 05:12 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Martley2
It's getting closer EVERY DAY!!
But not fast enough!

Elaine
Old 11-19-2011, 05:08 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by zipity
Is it August yet?
I'm certainly ready... we were cut short this year due to Irene - I'm ready for a PERFECT weather weekend.

Thanks for your support Jeff.

Lance
Old 11-21-2011, 08:31 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,543 Likes on 2,159 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Lance, have you given any thought to moving this great event to June? I have been going since 1985 and it's my favorite 3 days of the year. However, the weather in late August is terrible. It's hurricane season and it seems it's either 90 degrees with high humidity, T-Storms or the threat of hurricanes or tornadoes.

Please don't take this as any kind of sour grapes. I love Corvettes at Carlisle. It just seems that it would make alot more sense to hold your most popular event at a time when the weather is better. There are other less well attended events on the Carlisle schedule that this could be moved to. This year I drove down from Mass in a hail storm and drove home in heavy rain and thunderstorms. Not fun but predicatable. I'm seriously considering not bringing the Vette or not going. I am not the only one who feels this way.

You do a great job with this event. Please give this some consideration. Thanks
Old 11-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Jim Martley2
Melting Slicks

Sure, and while we are at it, we can move Christmas to July 4th so people in the North dont have to worry about snow and freezing rain dampening their holiday travels. JUST KIDDING!!!!

Corvettes at Carlisle being the weekend before Labor Day is a TRADITION that has stood the test of time. The weather can be iffy sometimes but knowing when it will be held EVERY YEAR makes it easier to plan for. Just MY opinion.

Jim
Old 11-21-2011, 10:51 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

I agree with Jim. This event has been held on that weekend for more than 25 years. Yes, the weather can be unpredictable, but so can any other month in the Northeast. I tell newcomers to Carlisle to expect heat, humidity, dust, precipitation in one form or another because that's how it is at our favorite show!

My husband and I will continue to drive one of our Corvettes to this event, regardless of what the weather conditions are, but we do understand if some would rather take their "metal" cars!

Elaine
Old 11-22-2011, 07:49 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

a little rain must fall as they say in Les Miz....such is life. I have brought my 67 there since 97 until this year, when I brought the 08. I have been there when my eyes melted and been there when the wind decided to make merry go rounds with the tents...its a gamble, you never know what your going to get...forrest!.... Hopefully next year, I will bring both the 67 and if things go right that new Carlisle Blue coupe...not that I have it yet...deals do have to be worked out ...cough cough. Can't wait for August...or whatever month its in.
Old 11-28-2011, 03:17 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by capevettes
Lance, have you given any thought to moving this great event to June? I have been going since 1985 and it's my favorite 3 days of the year. However, the weather in late August is terrible. It's hurricane season and it seems it's either 90 degrees with high humidity, T-Storms or the threat of hurricanes or tornadoes.

Please don't take this as any kind of sour grapes. I love Corvettes at Carlisle. It just seems that it would make alot more sense to hold your most popular event at a time when the weather is better. There are other less well attended events on the Carlisle schedule that this could be moved to. This year I drove down from Mass in a hail storm and drove home in heavy rain and thunderstorms. Not fun but predicatable. I'm seriously considering not bringing the Vette or not going. I am not the only one who feels this way.

You do a great job with this event. Please give this some consideration. Thanks
CapeVettes-

I hope you and your family had a pleasant Thanksgiving, I'm still stuffed to the gills!

Sorry for the slow response to your message. To answer your question, yes - we have had a few people ask to change the date and yes, we have discussed it internally. Like the posts below mentioned it has become a tradition in a sense. We have 10 events a year that run from Spring to Fall - this past year was hands down the worst I could recall (for all our events). Our business thrives on nice weather, but it gets hurt badly when it's ugly out. Getting back to your question, our management team and I discussed it at length and after taking everything into consideration - vendors, attendees, weather, timing, tradition & etc. There was a unanimous decision to keep it on the same weekend each year, and we weighted in all the pros & cons.

I certainly hope to see you this coming August during Corvettes at Carlisle. I put in an early order for incredible weather this year. We should be good?!

I appreciate hearing your feedback and I hope you understand our decision, if you'd like to discuss further I'd be happy to speak on the phone 717-243-7855 or via email (lancem@carlisleevents.com).

Happy Holidays,

Lance
Old 11-28-2011, 03:53 PM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,543 Likes on 2,159 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Lance, Thanks for the response. Our family had a great Thanksgiving and I hope yours did as well I have always felt that for an organization of any kind to do things the same because we always have is a mistake. However, I know you have made alot of changes for the better over the years. I also realize it would be difficult to change the date with hotel reservations made so far in advance and vendors schedules etc.

Like I said, I have been going since the 1980's and consider Corvettes at Carlisle my favorite 3 days of the year. The predictably lousy weather in late August just takes the wind out of your sales. I'm glad you have at least discussed it and looked at all of the angles.

I will be there again this year and hoping for the kind of weather we had a couple of years ago.
Old 11-28-2011, 04:03 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by capevettes
Lance, Thanks for the response. Our family had a great Thanksgiving and I hope yours did as well I have always felt that for an organization of any kind to do things the same because we always have is a mistake. However, I know you have made alot of changes for the better over the years. I also realize it would be difficult to change the date with hotel reservations made so far in advance and vendors schedules etc.

Like I said, I have been going since the 1980's and consider Corvettes at Carlisle my favorite 3 days of the year. The predictably lousy weather in late August just takes the wind out of your sales. I'm glad you have at least discussed it and looked at all of the angles.

I will be there again this year and hoping for the kind of weather we had a couple of years ago.
Thank you for your kind note, please stop me to say hello - I'm always the person flying in every direction but it's always fun saying hello to people you speak with online. Thanks for sharing your feedback, I do concur with you regarding your statement: "I have always felt that for an organization of any kind to do things the same because we always have is a mistake." We're always open to suggestions and recommendations and of course we always welcome constructive criticism to help us improve. Heck, these events are for everyone that attends - so it's important we listen and implement.

Praying for good weather!

Lance
Old 11-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Bonefishmak
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking for suggestions for hotels...that won't break the bank. Most I just checked are either booked or $192.00 a night. Looking for more like a $100.00ish a night at most. A clean hotel and maybe some place to meet some people on this forum and safe for the car.

Let me know...I'll book it!

Thanks!

Last edited by Bonefishmak; 11-29-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:11 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Bonefishmak

Looking for suggestions for hotels...that won't break the bank. Most I just checked are either booked or $192.00 a night. Looking for more like a $100.00ish a night at most. A clean hotel and maybe some place to meet some people on this forum and safe for the car.

Thanks!
Here's a list of hotels in our area: click me.

You can always try http://hotels.com too.

Hope this helps!

Lance
Old 11-30-2011, 06:29 AM
Jim Martley2
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Bonefishmak

Thanks!
I realize that you are interested in saving money BUT there are 2 places in the Carlisle area that they would have to pay ME to stay in. One is the Rodeway Inn at 1239 Harrisburg Pike and the other is the Motel6 at 1153 Harrisburg Pike. BOTH are VERY DIRTY and VERY run down with a staff that could care less if you stayed there or not. Sometimes cheap is just that, cheap.

Jim
Old 11-30-2011, 08:05 AM
Bonefishmak
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jim Martley2
I realize that you are interested in saving money BUT there are 2 places in the Carlisle area that they would have to pay ME to stay in. One is the Rodeway Inn at 1239 Harrisburg Pike and the other is the Motel6 at 1153 Harrisburg Pike. BOTH are VERY DIRTY and VERY run down with a staff that could care less if you stayed there or not. Sometimes cheap is just that, cheap.

Jim
No I totally get it....I don't want a dump either. I just thought for the one I saw for $192.00 a night in Carlisle was a tad bit high. I'm thinking $120.00 give or take should be plenty. Trying to decide if I come up and stay Thursday Friday night or Friday Saturday night.

I've been to Carlisle before with my other cars...not Chevy...so, I know the grounds....just the hotel I used to use is no longer there. LOL!

Get notified of new replies

To CORVETTES AT CARLISLE : August 24-26, 2012 : Official Thread

Old 12-02-2011, 08:41 PM
CTYANK2
Cruising is the passion!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 304 Likes on 213 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

In again!

The weather is part of the adventure!

Old 12-03-2011, 06:33 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

about the only thing I can think of is perhaps more ventilation in the restrooms up by the car wash ...talk about a steambath..hahaha.. now if thats all I can think about to complain ..there can't be much wrong now can there.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:13 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CTYANK2
In again!

The weather is part of the adventure!

John, I totally agree!

Elaine

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CORVETTES AT CARLISLE : August 24-26, 2012 : Official Thread