room recommendations Carlisle

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 08:35 PM
Birddogtwo
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default room recommendations Carlisle

Hey all,
I'm looking for suggestions for a hotel for my wife and I to stay within a half hour of Carlisle. I decided recently to go this year. Don't need much but needs to be clean
Thanks
Dave
Old 04-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Birddogtwo
Instructor

I think I'm all set. I just made reservations at the Comfort inn in New Cumberland. I was afraid if I waited any longer I'd be 2 hours away. Thanks
Dave
Old 04-04-2014, 11:02 AM
ggroller
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

I took a chance and made reservations at Rodeway. It is only 3 miles from the parade grounds.

They have good reviews online. We shall see.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:21 AM
08C6
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Best western hotel a little bit closer !!! would suggest ... Roadway Inn has changed over the years - we didn't have good experiences there near the end...Which shows are you attending !!! GM Nationals and or Corvette Nationals !!!
Old 04-15-2014, 08:13 AM
ggroller
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by 08C6
Best western hotel a little bit closer !!! would suggest ... Roadway Inn has changed over the years - we didn't have good experiences there near the end...Which shows are you attending !!! GM Nationals and or Corvette Nationals !!!
Best Western is booked. Rodeway is only 3 miles away from the parade grounds.

The reviews on line said Rodeway was basic, no frills but clean and that's all I really care about. I guess I'll find out in August.
Old 04-15-2014, 06:16 PM
Birddogtwo
Instructor

Wife didn't like picture of the Rodeway inn. I think they're all pretty similar. Were heading down to Amish country on Tuesday the 19th and spending a couple of days in Lancaster then doing Corvettes Friday and Saturday and driving back to NH on Sunday. This will be our first trip to Carlisle. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 04-15-2014, 09:11 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Just remember if you're registered for the Fun Field and it's your first time.........GET THERE EARLY Friday and Saturday. If the weather is good the fun field will be full by 9:30 and on Saturday by 8 a.m.! It's unbelievable. We're there by 6 each morning. Good weather or bad. There for breakfast and the National Anthem. Gives me chills every time.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:29 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by USA1 427
Just remember if you're registered for the Fun Field and it's your first time.........GET THERE EARLY Friday and Saturday. If the weather is good the fun field will be full by 9:30 and on Saturday by 8 a.m.! It's unbelievable. We're there by 6 each morning. Good weather or bad. There for breakfast and the National Anthem. Gives me chills every time.
Here we are on the field by no later than 5:30 every day!! Crazy?? No, we love watching everyone come in. As you can see, you can leave your canopies up all weekend so once you have a spot picked out, set up the tent for the duration. Have fun!

Elaine

Get notified of new replies

To room recommendations Carlisle

Quick Reply: room recommendations Carlisle