Corvettes @ Carlisle - Best parking outside

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 01:24 PM
1968swbbigblock
Drifting

Received 201 Likes on 162 Posts

Default Corvettes @ Carlisle - Best parking outside

1st timer heading to Carlisle w/o the vette - I have to many things to buy and load up to take home.
What is my best place to park outside the gates for ease of access to come and go with parts?
Old 08-18-2014, 01:45 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by 1968swbbigblock
1st timer heading to Carlisle w/o the vette - I have to many things to buy and load up to take home.
What is my best place to park outside the gates for ease of access to come and go with parts?
I like to park in the yards along the road by Gate 3
Old 08-18-2014, 03:20 PM
Dave1998
Safety Car

Received 69 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by MidYearRoadster
I like to park in the yards along the road by Gate 3
This is a smart move. Do not park on the street. Corvettes have been stolen off the street during this event

Pay the $5.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:44 PM
GForensic
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Can we bring in any coolers? I understand about the food but a small cooler with some nice cold water would be helpful.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:49 PM
WW7
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 318 Posts

Originally Posted by GForensic
Can we bring in any coolers? I understand about the food but a small cooler with some nice cold water would be helpful.
I have taken my BIG cooler in quite a few times with no problems.. I don't know what you mean about "no food", I took 24 Corona's and a bit box of chicken wings in last year...I have never had my cooler checked....WW
Old 08-18-2014, 09:29 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Yeah,you can bring a cooler with sodas, beer, water, whatever. And who said you can't bring in food?? They would PREFER you buy your food there, but there's no rules against it that I've ever heard.
Old 08-25-2014, 11:37 AM
napoleonvette
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have always parked near gate 3....The Ficks Family. Really nice folks. Nice area to park off the street with no problems.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:29 PM
MARKRUBYRED
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by napoleonvette
We have always parked near gate 3....The Ficks Family. Really nice folks. Nice area to park off the street with no problems.
Did one of the Ficks family members lose his leg in a motorcycle accident? If so, thats where I parked and they could not have been nicer, although as I stated in an earlier post, my DD got stuck on wet grass and hidden tree stump when leaving. Good thing I only drifted a few feet before my car just stopped or could have been major damage.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:36 PM
Rock & Roll Girl
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Mark, what treasures did you find? There certainly were lots of choices of parts and other fun stuff.
It was great meeting you on Saturday.
We will be there next year, already registered and looking forward to it- how about you?
Old 08-26-2014, 12:59 PM
MARKRUBYRED
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock & Roll Girl
So Mark, what treasures did you find? There certainly were lots of choices of parts and other fun stuff.
It was great meeting you on Saturday.
We will be there next year, already registered and looking forward to it- how about you?
Hey R&R Girl.....sorry I missed your post before. It was great meeting you as well and the small but spirited gang from CF. Only a minor purchase from Adams Polishes and alot of cards from parts vendors that I will follow up on. Sounds like you enjoyed CAC and look forward to seeing you next year. BTW, my wife is from Clifton, NJ and although we live in Baltimore, I am a huge Rutts Hutt fan .
Mark
Old 08-27-2014, 02:40 PM
napoleonvette
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MARKRUBYRED
Did one of the Ficks family members lose his leg in a motorcycle accident? If so, thats where I parked and they could not have been nicer, although as I stated in an earlier post, my DD got stuck on wet grass and hidden tree stump when leaving. Good thing I only drifted a few feet before my car just stopped or could have been major damage.
Im not sure. Its usually a older lady and her husband. This year her daughter and granddaughter was helping.....along with a giant black poodle.
Old 09-02-2014, 10:52 AM
UltimateVette
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Next year try getting a Fun Field pass to park on grounds. It's worth it if you never have tried it.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes @ Carlisle - Best parking outside

Quick Reply: Corvettes @ Carlisle - Best parking outside