Corvettes at Carlisle --> AUGUST 28-30, 2015 <-- Official Thread!

Old 06-04-2015, 11:55 AM
1KULC7
Le Mans Master

Received 313 Likes on 136 Posts

OK Lance, Meg and I are registered and book to have some more fun.... Registered to be with all my fellow Veterans this year....so pick a good spot for us.... Hope to see you soon. Regards, Collin and Meg
Old 06-11-2015, 11:06 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by 1KULC7
OK Lance, Meg and I are registered and book to have some more fun.... Registered to be with all my fellow Veterans this year....so pick a good spot for us.... Hope to see you soon. Regards, Collin and Meg
Life is good!! Looking forward to seeing you guys.

Lance
Old 06-11-2015, 02:44 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Anxious to see the event map and where the Veteran's parking will be. I'll be there too!
Old 06-13-2015, 11:28 AM
slow-v6
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

We will be there with our 60th grand sport. We usually park on the hill with our club members..
Old 06-13-2015, 11:43 AM
Roadrogue
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 74 Posts

Just got my first vette this year and thinking of going. Is it feasible to consider getting a tune done there and maybe a CAI or is it just too crowded for that to be realistic?
Old 06-13-2015, 08:27 PM
JayEmEss
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lance, is there special registration required for veterans parking? Looking forward to this year's event!

John
Old 06-13-2015, 09:32 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JayEmEss
Lance, is there special registration required for veterans parking? Looking forward to this year's event!

John
Just give Jodi a call.

http://carsatcarlisle.com/carlisle-e...?detailid=1235
Old 06-16-2015, 08:23 AM
Witmer
Racer

Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Roadrogue
Just got my first vette this year and thinking of going. Is it feasible to consider getting a tune done there and maybe a CAI or is it just too crowded for that to be realistic?
I got a tune done at Carlisle two years ago. Go to the ECS tent in installation alley. They will schedule you and tell you when to drive your car over. If you don't care where you park, you can just park behind their tent and leave it there for the day. There are plenty of open spaces back there.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:42 AM
Roadrogue
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Witmer
I got a tune done at Carlisle two years ago. Go to the ECS tent in installation alley. They will schedule you and tell you when to drive your car over. If you don't care where you park, you can just park behind their tent and leave it there for the day. There are plenty of open spaces back there.
Thanks. Can I ask how you liked the tune in this thread or should I PM you?
Old 06-16-2015, 08:58 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,082 Likes on 655 Posts

Thanks. Can I ask how you liked the tune in this thread or should I PM you?
He loved it or he wouldn't tell you to come to us also!

We will also be installing cold air intakes too, and ground effects from RPI.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:18 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Congrats on your first Corvette, I'm sure it won't be your last... these cars tend to grab all of us! The tunes, exhaust installs & etc. are easily done at the event. What better way to get the mods done than by the guys that do it all the time?!

Looking forward to hosting you and your car during the big show!

Cheers,

Lance
Old 06-17-2015, 03:32 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

You best be looking for a hotel (and be prepared for sticker shock) unless you have a place already lined up. It's an easy drive on the turnpike to Carlisle. We get off at Blue Mountain exit and take the back way in through Newberg and Newville. I think it's easier and it saves a couple bucks on tolls.
Get the Fun Field pass so you can park on the show field, otherwise you're up over the hill in general Corvette parking or out on the street.

You're in Pittsburgh, so check out the largest Corvette club
around........CCWP (Corvette Club of Western Pa). They're a great bunch and twice a year they have a nice show at Day Chevrolet on Rte 22 in Murraysville. The next one is in September. www.ccwp.org
If you join the club, they usually have a big tent on the fairgrounds for members to relax. Hope you can make it.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:05 AM
94hokies
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to look into Airbnb, I signed up for it just for this trip in order to get a room close to the show grounds. Not much left in Carlisle, but still lots of options in Harrisburg. I wanted to be able to walk back and forth and will be by myself, so getting a room in town was perfect.

This will be my first time with a running car allowing me to get a field pass and will be up on Thu. What is the parking etiquette around leaving your space to go get work done at the show? I have an appointment to get a new top put on Friday morning and would like to keep whatever spot I get set up on Thu.
Old 06-18-2015, 11:31 AM
Roadrogue
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the tips, guys. I don't mind having to drive a ways to get there so I'll look for a hotel further out.

I checked out the last (rainy) CCWP at Day Chevy last month. Seems like good folks but I heard the turnout was poor due to the weather.
Old 06-18-2015, 04:49 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Thanks for the tips, guys. I don't mind having to drive a ways to get there so I'll look for a hotel further out.

I checked out the last (rainy) CCWP at Day Chevy last month. Seems like good folks but I heard the turnout was poor due to the weather.
Check out www.choicehotels.com and type in either Chambersburg or Scotland Pa. We stayed twice at the Super 8 in Scotland and it was nice. Right out Rte 81 and early in the a.m. there is no traffic coming into the fairgrounds in the dark. And there was a buffet right across the street. Takes about 25 minutes to get from there to Carlisle. You might get lucky and find something closer as well. A lot of us go Thursday and leave Saturday night rather than Friday to Sunday. Staying Thursday night instead of Saturday night saves some $$.
There are tons of places to eat at the fairgrounds too, including breakfast. Read through some of the threads and see what's good to bring along like a pop up canopy and folding chairs because there is very little shade and few places aside from the grandstand to sit down.

As for the Day show, yeah the turnout was way down. There's normally a couple hundred Vettes there when it's nice.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:54 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

There are still a few rooms available at the Super 8 South and Super 8 North, both in Carlisle. Check online at the Super 8 site.

Elaine
Old 06-22-2015, 03:20 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

GS DIva (Elaine) have you read the recent reviews of the Days Inn South where we stay? Seems like there was a change of ownership and the place is going downhill. Complaints about cleanliness, staff, and the breakfast. This may be our last year if it's less than what we're used to. I know you stay there too, that's the only reason I mention it.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvettes at Carlisle --> AUGUST 28-30, 2015 <-- Official Thread!

Old 06-25-2015, 12:22 AM
cor28vettes
Race Director

Received 1,099 Likes on 852 Posts

Lance?
What year was Corvettes@Carlisle #1
1982? 1983?

Say Hi to Bill for me.
John in FL
Old 06-25-2015, 08:56 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Originally Posted by USA1 427
GS DIva (Elaine) have you read the recent reviews of the Days Inn South where we stay? Seems like there was a change of ownership and the place is going downhill. Complaints about cleanliness, staff, and the breakfast. This may be our last year if it's less than what we're used to. I know you stay there too, that's the only reason I mention it.
No, I haven't heard anything like that. We never stay for breakfast except for Sunday so that isn't a big deal for us. I will be sure to check it out. Thanks for the heads up.

Elaine
Old 06-27-2015, 11:34 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Originally Posted by USA1 427
I just checked with the hotel. Registration was confirmed and at the price we have. Hope it stays that way!

Elaine

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvettes at Carlisle --> AUGUST 28-30, 2015 <-- Official Thread!