Corvettes at Carlisle --> AUGUST 28-30, 2015 <-- Official Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 10:19 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by USA1 427
We too couldn't rebook for next year. We got on a list, and they said they would call in the next two weeks. Never got a call, so my wife called them and they said that their policy changed. 3 night minimum now and the rates went from $124 a night to between $169 and $200 a night. The girl then confirmed we were on the list and they would call the following week to book our room..............she never did. We booked across the street for $5 more than we paid this year.

Everybody is getting so damn greedy anymore that it's really taking the fun out of everything. And believe me, the more I have to pay for hotels, etc. the less I spend at the show. And with the show adding another day it means another night in the hotel, so there goes that money.
Rich, when I received the call, I mentioned that I had been thinking of calling them as I hadn't heard. I was told that anyone calling ahead of time was put on the bottom of the list!! I was the first call she made and got the room at $149/night which is still too much, especially since we stay for 5 nights!!! We are also booked at the hotel across the street. Just haven't decided just what we're doing yet.

Elaine
Old 09-30-2015, 01:37 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by GS Diva
Rich, when I received the call, I mentioned that I had been thinking of calling them as I hadn't heard. I was told that anyone calling ahead of time was put on the bottom of the list!! I was the first call she made and got the room at $149/night which is still too much, especially since we stay for 5 nights!!! We are also booked at the hotel across the street. Just haven't decided just what we're doing yet.

Elaine
Since the hotel across the street was only $5 more than what we paid for 2 nights this year, we went with them, plus added the 3rd night for only $58. All 3 nights averaged out for a little over $100 a night. I can deal with that. I'm not playing games with hotels. I've stayed in Chambersburg before at some nice hotels that cost half of what I'm paying now. I just prefer the closer ones, especially if the weather is bad. But if the closer hotels are pulling stunts like "moving you to the bottom of the list", then I'm done with that hotel. Never did get a call and when they do call, they're going to get a resounding NO from me.
Old 09-30-2015, 07:45 PM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

you don't want to know what we pay...but then again we get a full breakfast each morning and dinner at night Sun-Thurs.....so that saves a little
Old 10-05-2015, 01:34 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Below is a video from this year's event, it's an hour long feature that was on CBS 21. Enjoy!

Old 12-28-2015, 09:29 AM
ExoticMotorClub
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Is there a 2016 thread? Looking for a room block. Thanks.

Last edited by ExoticMotorClub; 12-28-2015 at 09:29 AM. Reason: spelling is hard
Old 12-28-2015, 09:30 AM
ExoticMotorClub
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

found it https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...al-thread.html

Quick Reply: Corvettes at Carlisle --> AUGUST 28-30, 2015 <-- Official Thread!