Corvette Funfest 2015

Old 08-27-2015, 05:22 PM
Mid America Motorworks
Platinum Supporting Vendor

Received 151 Likes on 71 Posts

Default Corvette Funfest 2015

Hey all!

Are you registered for Corvette Funfest this year? If not, you're missing out on the world's largest Corvette party and the biggest year yet! We already have twice the amount of vendors and suppliers than last year confirmed to attend! We have 50+ vendors for you to check out this year!

To name a few:
Accel Performance
Adam's Premium Car Care
Advanced Composite Specialties
Airaid
American Hydro Carbon
Baer Brakes
BBK Performance Parts (They've already dropped their truck off!)
Borla Performance
Bowler Transmission
Callaway Corvettes
Corvette America
Dana Forrester
Edelbrock
Factory Repro Exchange
Forgeline Wheels
General Motors
Granatelli Motorsports, Inc.
Hagerty
Jasper Engines & Transmissions
Lingenfelter Performance Engineering (Bringing Ken Lingenfelter's 720HP 2015 Z06 - pictured below)
Mecum Mobile Experience
Midwest Mobile Dyno
Muscle Car & Corvette Nationals
National Corvette Museum
National Council of Corvette Clubs
Ron Fellows Performance Driving School
Stand 21
Straightline Performance
United Pacific
XPEL Technologies

And SO many more! We also have a number of special guests this year including:
George Barris (King of Kustoms)
Linda Vaughn (Miss Hurst Golden Shifter)
Dennis Gage of My Classic Car (at the Jasper Engines booth)
Dennis Pittsenbarger (this year's Master of Ceremonies and writing for VETTE Magazine)
And more!

With all of these new suppliers, we have tons of new seminars that will be going on all weekend! Adam Pitale from Adam's Polishes will be giving some spectacular detailing seminars! We have also completely revamped the awards ceremony for the celebrity choice awards! You could get a chance to meet Bill Stephens, Maria Prekeges, and Michael Brown of Corvette Nation! They will be here filming for season 3!

If you're part of a Corvette club, we will be hosting a special Corvette Club Challenge Day where club members will be competing against other clubs in some exciting automotive related activities. The winning club will have the chance to win some great prizes and gift certificates in the Club Challenge Cash Cage! Let me know if your club wants to participate, aside from social media coverage, I will be the club liaison at Funfest!

Hardee's will be hosting the first ever Thickburger Eating Contest at the Small Funfest Stage on Saturday, September 19th as well! You can learn more about the rules here! http://corvettefunfest.com/News.aspx

Mike Terry will also be bringing his 1954 Corvair Re-creation Motorama Car to display this year! I saw this thing in Bowling Green for Corvette Homecoming and it was by far the best thing I had seen all weekend, it's truly a piece of art! It is pictured below in the main hall at Corvette Homecoming!

Make sure to get here on the first day on Thursday for the Fun Run Road Tour and Downtown Party! The city of Effingham closes off the streets downtown and the mayor comes out to welcome the waves of Corvette owners who will be here. There is plenty of food grilling away by local restaurants who set up booths and live local music playing. There's a first round of awards that are announced during the party as well!

Original Beach Boys guitarist and founding member David Marks will be here playing with the Surf City Allstars on Saturday, September 19th at 8pm! Two tickets are included with your registration!

There are just tons and tons of other activities and attractions that will be here this year and we hope that you will be a part of the fun! You won't want to miss out on what is gearing up to be the biggest Funfest yet!

You can register and learn more about Funfest here:
http://corvettefunfest.com/?KC=849

I hope to see you guys here next month!!

-Nick
Attached Images       

Mid America Motorworks
454 Big Block Dr
Effingham, IL 62401
www.mamotorworks.com
(800) 500-1500

Family Owned Since 1974!

Old 09-02-2015, 04:55 PM
Mid America Motorworks

Like every year, we will also have our for sale corral and plenty of swap areas for some serious bargain hunting!

-Nick
Attached Images     
Old 09-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Mid America Motorworks

As we continue getting the grounds ready for Funfest, we thought it'd be fun to shoot this quick video and give you a guys some behind the scene looks at the preparation for Funfest and one of the newest features we've added this year!

Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJvH...ature=youtu.be
Old 09-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Mid America Motorworks

We've been having some beautiful weather as we continue getting the grounds prepared to welcome all of you to Funfest! There's still plenty more tents and structures that will continue to be set up over the next week! Banners, signs, flags, and more will be decorating the landscape soon!

We are also looking forward to welcoming Bob and Leola Klosterbuer to ‪Corvette Funfest‬ as the leaders of this year's Fun Run Road Tour! This 1948 Chevy COE/1964 Corvette combo will be leading the pack as we make our way through the countryside to downtown Effingham! With the help of some friends and family, Bob and Leola were able to restore both of these vehicles to their former glory! Can you believe this '64 was found in a chicken coop! The restoration was an obvious success and we look forward to seeing this beautiful combination at the front of the line on Thursday, the 17th!

See you next week!

-Nick
Attached Images       
Old 09-09-2015, 10:06 AM
Mid America Motorworks

Condon Skelly Collector Vehicle Insurance will be here during Funfest with a special treat for all registered attendees! When you arrive to pick up your goodie bag, one of the receipts you are given will be a door prize ticket that you can drop off at their booth inside the Fun Dome!

Before the concert Saturday night, THREE winners will be drawn and will each receive a $500 gift certificate to Mid America Motorworks! So don't forget to check your receipts when you arrive and drop off your door prize ticket for a chance to win a FIVE HUNDRED dollar gift certificate just for being here!

See you next week!

-Nick
Old 09-10-2015, 10:19 AM
Mid America Motorworks

I'm excited to say that we are just ONE WEEK away from Corvette Funfest 2015! This is always my favorite time of the year, the last few days before the show when all of the 'Vettes start flooding in and fill up the streets in town! My wife will hate me because every time I see a Corvette when we're out and about, I yell "POP QUIZ!" and she has to spot the Corvette I saw and guess what generation it was I've done this to her ever since Funfest last year after she volunteered and worked the show with me, she picked it up pretty quick!

It's safe to say that I'm just a little excited for Funfest to get underway! See you all next week!

-Nick
Attached Images  
Old 09-14-2015, 10:33 AM
Mid America Motorworks

We are just THREE days away from Funfest! I've already seen a number of 'Vettes rolling around town this weekend! If you're in town, stop by the MY Garage Museum and Retail Store here on our grounds and ask about being featured on our social media!

See you in a few days!

-Nick
Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2015, 03:35 PM
LarryMow
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 50 Posts

In the first picture of the first post, I happened to notice the EZ UP pop up canopies....judging by that pic, I'm guessing that these are allowed?
Old 09-21-2015, 12:31 PM
Mid America Motorworks

It was a busy week for us here at MAM, but we loved every second of it! I had an absolute blast working Funfest this year and enjoyed getting to meet so many of you in person! This was a great year and we want to thank all of you who came out to enjoy the show!

I had a great time running the Club Competition Day on Saturday and want to thank the Corvette Club of Illinois, Corvettes of Western Ontario, Shoals Area Vette Enthusiasts, and the Glass City Corvette Club for making it such a wonderful time! That, and for putting up with me most of the day!

I'm already looking forward to next year and seeing all of my new friends once again and meeting some more of you!

Enjoy some of these amazing shots by our in house photographer, Ed Baumgarten, and check out our Facebook page for dozens of other wonderful shots from the show!

https://www.facebook.com/mamotorworks?fref=ts?KC=849

-Nick
Attached Images       

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Funfest 2015

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette Funfest 2015