CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - August 25-28, 2016 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Old 05-17-2016, 12:35 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by USA1 427
We did the Veteran's parking last year and it was nice to have that honor. I don't think there is any this year, but there is reserved parking this year which means you can get there at noon and still be guaranteed your spot.

Lance, whoever that young man was that checked the cars for the Veteran's parking last year, he deserves a raise! Nice, nice kid, very respectful and polite, and he RAN HIS **** OFF!! Hope he's there on the grounds again this year.
Thanks for the heads up!

Lance
Old 05-17-2016, 12:50 PM
GA$$MAN
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I just booked at the Best Western in Shippensburg and I bought my pass!

Excited for my first CAC!
Old 05-17-2016, 01:49 PM
divotdug
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by rat123
Hi
Is anybody staying at Motel 6 in Carlisle.
My son and I have stayed there many times through the years for various Carlisle events over the years.

Nice folks, have always had a clean, non-smoked in room at a great price.

They do charge for Wi-Fi and no breakfast in the morning. We always went to the Bob Evans a short distance up the road but that for whatever reason closed.....but there is no shortage of nice places to eat in Carlisle.

Just made reservations for GM Nationals. Guess it is about time to make them for the Corvette event.
Old 05-19-2016, 07:55 PM
bluman
Melting Slicks

Received 349 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by racelance
Thanks for the heads up!

Lance
We did the Veteran's parking last year and it was nice to have that honor. I don't think there is any this year, but there is reserved parking this year which means you can get there at noon and still be guaranteed your spot.

Lance, whoever that young man was that checked the cars for the Veteran's parking last year, he deserves a raise! Nice, nice kid, very respectful and polite, and he RAN HIS **** OFF!! Hope he's there on the grounds again this year.
Well my opinion of the young man differs, he was extremely rude to my wife and I, hope I never see him again, I did notify his supervisor and he was removed from the area and replaced with a polite young lady !
Old 05-22-2016, 01:12 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Received 720 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by bluman
Well my opinion of the young man differs, he was extremely rude to my wife and I, hope I never see him again, I did notify his supervisor and he was removed from the area and replaced with a polite young lady !
Had to be a different kid. Although, as rude as some of the patrons were to him I wouldn't have blamed him for fighting back. I witnessed a lot of guys who hadn't pre registered and thought that because they were Veterans, they should be allowed to park there. I saw many of them harassing this kid, really getting in his face, telling him to "f" off and go "f" himself, and then parking their cars there. The kid who was so nice to us handled himself like a gentleman, let them yell and call him names, and then walk away or call for back up. It was the patrons who were wrong and were disrespectful and rude. THEY didn't follow the rules and guidelines and just ASSUMED that the parking was for any Veteran. Not so. You had to prove you were a Vet, had to provide your DD214, and had to pre register to park there and have the special sticker. There was ONE guy who wasn't a Veteran who got away with parking there because he bought a vendor spot on the other side of the fence, and then opened the fence and walked through between the vendor section and his car in the Veteran's section. He acted like a real jerk when he was asked to move and made an *** out of himself to the point that the Carlisle officials just let him stay.
I don't know why some men who are privileged enough to own a car like a Corvette don't know how to act the least civil or accept when they are wrong.

But the young man I'm talking about couldn't have been more courteous or polite. We even bought him lunch. And this kid was there the ENTIRE weekend.

Last edited by USA1 427; 05-22-2016 at 11:15 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by USA1 427:
GS Diva (05-22-2016), ladder13 (05-22-2016)
Old 05-22-2016, 10:40 AM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Received 791 Likes on 383 Posts

Only missed 2 years since 1982.
Old 05-22-2016, 01:00 PM
ladder13
Melting Slicks

Received 791 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by johngandersonjr
My wife and I will be coming to CAC for the first time. Coming from Wisconsin. Not going to take the corvette this time.

Wondering what we do for parking if we do not have the corvette?

Wondering what the highlights are for newbies?

Thanks in advance.
For years I parked outside the gates and never paid a single penny to park. Between Gates 1 and 3 there's a big residential area where we parked. It's only a couple blocks walk to the Fairgrounds. Sort of like parking way up on the hill.
Old 05-27-2016, 02:58 PM
LarryMow
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 50 Posts

While there are always a butt load of vendors at CAC, the one that I wished would show up is Lingenfelter. I've always enjoyed the Lingenfelter cars and have always dreamed of one day getting one. 2014 was my first CAC and was hoping that they were there doing supercharger sales/installs, I was gonna try my damndest to get one installed on the GS.

Dear folks at Lingenfelter, I know you guys getting to this years event is probably not gonna happen, but please look into attending future shows and showing some of your cars. (besides, I'm burned out seeing so many Callaways) Come show'em up!

Last edited by LarryMow; 05-27-2016 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-29-2016, 09:08 PM
edk136
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Now that they expanded the show to Thursday (the old set-up day) will the new set-up day be Wednesday? The reason I ask, I see the gate times for Thursday is 10a-6p. I used to arrive on set-up day for a quick walk around, so I'm trying to decide whether it would be worth coming on Wednesday.

Eric
Old 05-29-2016, 10:48 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Originally Posted by edk136
Now that they expanded the show to Thursday (the old set-up day) will the new set-up day be Wednesday? The reason I ask, I see the gate times for Thursday is 10a-6p. I used to arrive on set-up day for a quick walk around, so I'm trying to decide whether it would be worth coming on Wednesday.

Eric
We'll be there Wednesday, even though we have reserved parking. The reason? Our hotel requires a 3 night minimum and we have to be home Saturday night. So there goes another $150 that I could have spent at Carlisle. Otherwise, we would have left home at 5 or 6 a.m. on Thursday and done 2 nights. Oh well. It is what it is. It's just a shame that the hotels screw you over like they do.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:09 AM
edk136
Racer

I wish they would open the gates at 7am on Thursday. So, Wednesday is the new set-up day? We have the hotel for Wednesday night but we can cancel that.

Eriic
Old 05-30-2016, 09:16 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

Something is wrong here somewhere. The gate times are NEVER EVER 10 a.m. EVER. Gate 3 is open 24 hours a day. It doesn't matter what time you get there. As long as you're already registered and have your pass on your window you can go right in. The OFFICE probably doesn't open until 7 a.m. for those who need to pick up their passes, or register. But Gate 3 is always, always open.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:24 AM
edk136
Racer

Something is wrong here somewhere. The gate times are NEVER EVER 10 a.m. EVER. Gate 3 is open 24 hours a day. It doesn't matter what time you get there. As long as you're already registered and have your pass on your window you can go right in. The OFFICE probably doesn't open until 7 a.m. for those who need to pick up their passes, or register. But Gate 3 is always, always open.

I have never seen a 10 a.m. gate time either but on the 'Corvettes at Carlisle' website, it has the gate times for Thursday as being 10a to 6p. I don't want to arrive on Wednesday, spend the night and then have to wait around half the day on Thursday before they open the gates. The 10 a.m. gate time is screwing everything up.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:46 AM
USA1 427
Safety Car

10 a.m. for spectators maybe. It has to be a typo. I'll be there Wednesday to set up and at 6 a.m every other morning along with 500 other guys every day because I KNOW I can get in. I'm not even worried about it.

Last edited by USA1 427; 05-30-2016 at 10:49 AM.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:15 PM
USA1 427
Safety Car

My wife asked the question on Facebook about the times. This was their OFFICIAL response:
"Corvettes at Carlisle
Corvettes at Carlisle The gate times are posted for anyone who needs to purchase a Funfield pass, pick up their passes or general admission. Gate n go guests have 24 hour access at Gate 3 as always. See you then!"
Old 06-01-2016, 03:20 PM
edk136
Racer

My wife asked the question on Facebook about the times. This was their OFFICIAL response:
"Corvettes at Carlisle
Corvettes at Carlisle The gate times are posted for anyone who needs to purchase a Funfield pass, pick up their passes or general admission. Gate n go guests have 24 hour access at Gate 3 as always. See you then!"
Well, I need to pick up my four day pass for general admission access only, so I guess I won't be able to get in until 10 a.m. on Thursday. I'm guessing someone would be there if I arrived on Wednesday to get my weekend pass as I'm assuming Wednesday is set-up day.
The following users liked this post:
racelance (06-02-2016)
Old 06-02-2016, 11:58 AM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by LarryMow
While there are always a butt load of vendors at CAC, the one that I wished would show up is Lingenfelter. I've always enjoyed the Lingenfelter cars and have always dreamed of one day getting one. 2014 was my first CAC and was hoping that they were there doing supercharger sales/installs, I was gonna try my damndest to get one installed on the GS.

Dear folks at Lingenfelter, I know you guys getting to this years event is probably not gonna happen, but please look into attending future shows and showing some of your cars. (besides, I'm burned out seeing so many Callaways) Come show'em up!
Mr. Ken Lingenfelter came to the event last year for the first time. I believe you'll see Lingengelter there in the fugure, no promises. But he had a wonderful time and couldn't believe the size of the event. Great guy and wonderful company.

Cheers,

Lance
The following 2 users liked this post by racelance:
midvette6067 (06-04-2016), USA1 427 (06-02-2016)

Get notified of new replies

To CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - August 25-28, 2016 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Old 06-02-2016, 12:02 PM
racelance
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by edk136
Well, I need to pick up my four day pass for general admission access only, so I guess I won't be able to get in until 10 a.m. on Thursday. I'm guessing someone would be there if I arrived on Wednesday to get my weekend pass as I'm assuming Wednesday is set-up day.
Not to worry, our regular staff will be at hand for an early start. Our gates will not open to the public until 10am - anyone that purchased a season pass or weekend pass won't have an issue picking it up early and getting into the event. The reason for the 10am start is because it's a first year transition and allows for some vendors to drive in and setup (safety & etc.).

We're looking forward to having you!

Sincerely,

Lance
Old 06-02-2016, 04:26 PM
66 Vette
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by racelance
Not to worry, our regular staff will be at hand for an early start. Our gates will not open to the public until 10am - anyone that purchased a season pass or weekend pass won't have an issue picking it up early and getting into the event. The reason for the 10am start is because it's a first year transition and allows for some vendors to drive in and setup (safety & etc.).

We're looking forward to having you!

Sincerely,

Lance
Those with a four day pass for general admission can get in Thursday prior to 10:00 AM at any gate or only at gate 3?

Last edited by 66 Vette; 06-02-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:10 PM
66 Vette
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 66 Vette
Those with a four day pass for general admission can get in Thursday prior to 10:00 AM at any gate or only at gate 3?
Lance, I have the similar situation as EDK136 regarding when to travel to the show and when I will be able to be admitted to the event. I am trying to determine which day and time to leave to travel to maximize my time at the event. I don't want to travel over 8 hours and then be turned away at the gate. I have a simple question; what is the earliest time I will be able gain admission on Wednesday and Thursday with a four day pass for general admission?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CORVETTES AT CARLISLE - August 25-28, 2016 - OFFICIAL THREAD