Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2008, 10:08 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Default Thanks for the LSX Shootout, starting with the Vette Doctors

I have been looking forward to the trip to Memphis since last year for the second annual GMPP LSX Shootout presented by GM High Tech in conjunction with the NMCA. Super great event despite the over 2000 miles round trip.

I had a few issues approaching this year's event.

First was I broke the rear a couple weeks before the event. Nothing to fear, I knew Carmen and Dennis at the Vette Doctors would take care of me and get me ready to make the trip. That they did and went the extra mile. They rebuilt the rear but also took the opportunity to check the trans and found an issue with that too and fixed that up right away and got me ready to go.

Second, Tracy at RevXtreme and FTI Competition converters. Tracy asked me to try one of his converters back in June. I did and it performed great but I lost some RT from my prior converter. Since rear and trans were out, Tracy called me to offer a replacement and harder hitting converter. Spoke to Greg at FTI Competition Converters and told him what I need and he and Tracy overnighted a converter to shop. I am happy to say, the car is hitting hard as ever and my numbers at Memphis were incredible. It ran 2 tenths quicker in 2000 DA than I expected it to be. Thanks

Third, Anonymous1. I give Steve a bunch of crap but he bailed me out in the NA Shootout series earlier in the year and chose to ride with me to Memphis again. He did most of the driving and spent the weekend making sure I was in a good spot on the line. I am happy to report, I did not spin the tires once the entire weekend. He even better my overall best of 10.46 this year on a 10.44 pass (of course I will oblitrate that soon). Thanks bud.

Fourth, thanks to all that went to the LSX Shootout. This is a great race with a great payout and great support from the General himself, (even with the stock going in the tank). If I had anything at all to do with you going to Memphis....thank you.

Last and probably most important, our Forum friends who took the time to watch the live timing, difficult as it is, to keep tabs our us and for wishing us well...thanks.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:17 PM
JR-CRUZN-C5
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Edgar your sounding more and more like me!!!!!!!!!!

I had a great time hangin with you and your "peeps"

After I left the track Sunday night, I drove til 12:30AM, slept in the truck til 3:30AM, drove til 6:30 AM, slept in the truck til 8:30 AM then drove the rest of the way til Noon, had lunch with my wife then went to the Office!!!!!!!

It was all worth it!!!!!!!!!!!!

See You Next Year. The "Official" racing Season is now over so I will be trying to put the "Barbie Vette" in the 9.30's or 20's over 150 mph by November 15th.

JR

Last edited by JR-CRUZN-C5; 10-14-2008 at 10:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:52 PM
Bill Wilson
Pro

Edgar, you and all the other guys from ECSCC, who traveled all the way to Memphis, did the Corvettel Challenge proud - it was fun watching all of you when possible and keeping track of your successes. I will not go into just how jealous I am of the group, as a LT1 racer who can't enjoy Memphis with the rest of you guys. You all DID GOOD!
Old 10-14-2008, 10:59 PM
CraZee ZO6
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

man I WISH I couldve been there. But I saw alot of video and everyone ran great!
next year I hope.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:08 PM
LS1LT1
Team Owner

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Good job Edgar and all that helped bring it all together for ya.
After having to bail (unfortunately) on going this year I will be going back once again next year.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:11 AM
4DRUSH
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JR-CRUZN-C5

I had a great time hangin with you and your "peeps"
Thats funny, but true. Edgar's has a couple 100 more "peeps" back here in the Northeast that enjoy racing & hanging with him
Old 10-15-2008, 07:32 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

I forgot on other big thank you.

Big thanks to you Paul Smith Sr for surprising me with a plaque of the event with my car's picture on it. I am at so many races I would go broke if I bought every event picture. It was a very big surprise and I thank you you for it.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:33 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

From the South
Once I get my stuff apart I already had a note, call Tracy

Last edited by Allthrottleandsomebottle; 10-15-2008 at 07:50 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:38 AM
DBN
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Thanks for the LSX Shootout, starting with the Vette Doctors

Edgar, it was great to hang out with you Steve, Rob, Bob, Doug, Paul Sr., Paul Jr., and Chuck. I almost forgot Mr. Valone as well. The corvette community was well represented at this event by not only some great running cars but great people as well. It was a blast to be a part of it. Maybe I will get my act together by next year.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:39 PM
Anonymous 1
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Edgar,

For all that you do. Thank you.
I think GM and the NMCA should put you on their payroll.
(Then you can give me a cut-)

Thank you for letting me race your car in the NMCA's Late Model EFI class.
I was the number 4 qualifier with a 10.56 on a 10.50 index and I made some money to boot! As you know I ended up #18 in points for the 2008 season!
I had a great time.

I am also very proud to be the (current configuration) Red Sled ET record holder @ 10.44.
I know I can improve on those #'s significantly at e-town in good air.
(I ran that in the heat of the day, my only shallow stage)

I am glad I was able to be of assistance to you.
Driving is no problem, that Duramax pulls the sled like it is not even there.
The car was working great and pulling the wheels on every pass.
You were driving on a mission. (You left out that you won a little coin too!)

It was fun hanging with the regulars, like Farley, Turbo Bob, Doug etc...

Also, it was very nice to meet some great Forum people in person like DBN, JR-Cruzn, Paul Sr, Paul Jr, Keith Valone up from Fla. etc...etc..

It was really a nice time, not only racing, but hanging out with a bunch of great people with common interests.

Get notified of new replies

To Thanks for the LSX Shootout, starting with the Vette Doctors

Quick Reply: Thanks for the LSX Shootout, starting with the Vette Doctors