NMCA C4/C5/C6 Shootout May 1-3 - Bowling Green, KY

Quickest/Fastest FI Corvette? Prove it!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 12:33 PM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by East Tx Muscle Cars
exactly....we would trailer ours out there, but we are shooting for 8.7X-8.9's out of it at 165+ mph. the track here will let us run it because it is a true street car. i drive the car everyday. but i wouldn't want to take it on that long of a trip for just one run. will have to see about this .....
If you find out let me know.

We have a track here that lets me run even while trapping 145+ with no cage. I would hate to spend that kind of money and time for one run as well.

Basically it's "Fastest vettes with roll cages".
Old 12-30-2008, 12:53 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Drewstein
If you find out let me know.

We have a track here that lets me run even while trapping 145+ with no cage. I would hate to spend that kind of money and time for one run as well.

Basically it's "Fastest vettes with roll cages".
yea exactly, and we all know it so much fun to put a cage in a C6...my car is a DD car and i WILL NOT cae it, i dont car if it traps 170....lol
Old 12-30-2008, 04:43 PM
nmcajeff
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys like all of our events your vehicle needs to pass a safety inspection this inspection is per the NHRA rule book. Safety first before anything else. Paul majors car will not be eligable to compete at this event. Rules will be made public soon. Thanks for showing interest in this awesome event. Don't be discouraged if you don't have the fastest vette on the property there will be index racing also so everyone can get their fix. A little hint on the fastest corvette class the vehicle is required to have the stock type independent rear suspension so this will eliminate the race only vettes from being able to race. This event is more for the average corvette enthusiast who wants to come out and have some fun with his fellow corvette buddies and win some cool prizes too. Find a current 2009 NHRA rule book to see whats needed for your vehicle. The race is 5 months away see ya soon!!!!
Old 12-30-2008, 04:54 PM
racerrob333
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

yea exactly, and we all know it so much fun to put a cage in a C6...my car is a DD car and i WILL NOT cae it, i dont car if it traps 170....lol
Yeah I did not want to put a cage in my car either but I was racing one day at the track and my little 9 year old girl ask me what happens if u wreck going that fast dad I dont want u to get hurt thats all I needed to hear in went the cage its not that bad and if your building a 8 second car your not worried about the money whats another 2500 to save your life
Old 12-30-2008, 05:46 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by nmcajeff
Guys like all of our events your vehicle needs to pass a safety inspection this inspection is per the NHRA rule book. Safety first before anything else. Paul majors car will not be eligable to compete at this event. Rules will be made public soon. Thanks for showing interest in this awesome event. Don't be discouraged if you don't have the fastest vette on the property there will be index racing also so everyone can get their fix. A little hint on the fastest corvette class the vehicle is required to have the stock type independent rear suspension so this will eliminate the race only vettes from being able to race. This event is more for the average corvette enthusiast who wants to come out and have some fun with his fellow corvette buddies and win some cool prizes too. Find a current 2009 NHRA rule book to see whats needed for your vehicle. The race is 5 months away see ya soon!!!!

this is my car to the "T"!!! looks as factory as you can think! sounds like it has a cam and exhaust thats all. not many "FAST" c6's going to be there then because not many have cages in them.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:00 PM
nmcajeff
Intermediate

Originally Posted by racerrob333
Yeah I did not want to put a cage in my car either but I was racing one day at the track and my little 9 year old girl ask me what happens if u wreck going that fast dad I dont want u to get hurt thats all I needed to hear in went the cage its not that bad and if your building a 8 second car your not worried about the money whats another 2500 to save your life

You took the words rite out of my mouth. Insurance for these events cost alot of money and in order to have the event you have to have insurance and these insurance companies have standards we must uphold. We are also a alternative sanctioning body of the NHRA they also set the standards on safety. It's also alot of common sense also. What happens at the local level will soon bite someone one day
Old 12-30-2008, 09:33 PM
racerrob333
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

this is my car to the "T"!!! looks as factory as you can think! sounds like it has a cam and exhaust thats all. not many "FAST" c6's going to be there then because not many have cages in them.
Trust me There will be plenty of fast vettes there here is a video of mine its a sleeper and has air and its a vert and I promise I want be the fastest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITioQsZwuxQ
Old 12-31-2008, 09:55 AM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Trust me There will be plenty of fast vettes there here is a video of mine its a sleeper and has air and its a vert and I promise I want be the fastest
wow, very nice! thats a fast car there!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:02 AM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

Hey Rob, you have gotten quite a bit quicker since i last saw ya. Look forward to meetting up with ya again.

Hey, are you interested in a heads up series in that is a lot closer to you than to me?
ORSCA is starting a new class for Street driven cars and you might be a perfect fit.
Check out the Vengeance EFI Hot Street class.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:58 AM
nmcajeff
Intermediate

Nice car looking forward to seeing it in person.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:55 PM
racerrob333
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by REDGAR
Hey Rob, you have gotten quite a bit quicker since i last saw ya. Look forward to meetting up with ya again.

Hey, are you interested in a heads up series in that is a lot closer to you than to me?
ORSCA is starting a new class for Street driven cars and you might be a perfect fit.
Check out the Vengeance EFI Hot Street class.
yeah that will be a good class but they will be alot of high 5 second cars with that class rules Im only low 6
Old 12-31-2008, 04:56 PM
racerrob333
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

wow, very nice! thats a fast car there!
thanks But I sure do like them twin turbo sure would be nice to see yours I love all cars fast or slow
Old 12-31-2008, 06:10 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

thanks But I sure do like them twin turbo sure would be nice to see yours I love all cars fast or slow
called about fabbing up acage today,i think we will be able to have it in by then...at least we will be shooting for it.

And also going to start selling these cages too!!!!

Last edited by East Tx Muscle Cars; 12-31-2008 at 06:29 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 06:20 PM
Vince99FRC
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I can get off work during that time I might have to drive up...
Old 12-31-2008, 09:23 PM
REDGAR
Team Owner

Cruise-In II & IV Veteran
CI VI Drag Champ!

called about fabbing up acage today,i think we will be able to have it in by then...at least we will be shooting for it.

And also going to start selling these cages too!!!!
See now there is a win win for all.

Congrats and thanks for the support
Old 01-02-2009, 10:48 AM
boweryboy
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran

I just talked to Carmen,

We are in!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:18 AM
racerrob333
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by boweryboy
I just talked to Carmen,

We are in!

Ive been wanting to see that car run in person

Get notified of new replies

To Quickest/Fastest FI Corvette? Prove it!!

Old 01-02-2009, 11:47 AM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Well its official. we should be there, shooting for mid to high 8's out of our c6. 408 stroker twin turbo. cant wait to meet everyone. now off to find a dang chute and get a cage in her.

Last edited by East Tx Muscle Cars; 01-02-2009 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:38 PM
98vettedave
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well its official. we should be there, shooting for mid to high 8's out of our c6. 408 stroker twin turbo. cant wait to meet everyone. now off to fine a dang chute and get a cage in her.
That car must be wicked. Is it a IRS set up?

Last edited by 98vettedave; 01-02-2009 at 01:46 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 03:05 PM
0East Tx Muscle Cars
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 98vettedave
That car must be wicked. Is it a IRS set up?
yep. looks and drives like a everyday car!!! 21 mpg!!!!

Quick Reply: Quickest/Fastest FI Corvette? Prove it!!