Northeast Connecticut | Delaware | Maine | Maryland | Massachusetts | Martyrdom | New Hampshire | New Jersey | New York | Pennsylvania | Rhode Island | Vermont | West Virginia

Those that have used the NJ inspection station in Mays Landing, please step in...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 05:11 PM
C5 Curmudgeon
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Those that have used the NJ inspection station in Mays Landing, please step in...

Well, after 4 years, it's time for me to take my C5 in for inspection. I remember that at least one person said they took their C5 there and had no problem.

The question I have is: How did you/they handle the new sticker application. I'd like to be able to completely clean off the residue from the old stickers (I have both the original dealer sticker and a 2 year extension sticker above it).

Any advice?

TIA
Old 02-08-2006, 07:50 PM
0Mike69@ECS
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Why not just take them off and clean the windshield before heading over to the inspection station? Yeah, you have a slight possibility of getting a ticket on the way over but at least you know that you get the chance to clean the windshield before they hit it with a new sticker.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

I go to a shop in Manasquan and they let me take the sticker off myself as well as apply the new one. I even get to drive the car on the dyno and do the actual test.
Old 02-09-2006, 04:53 AM
bowtie911
Instructor

My suggestion is, Don'T Do It. I used the one in Millville and Bridgeton and both times, bad bad bad. Each time had some hippo female employee treat my car like it was it was some just Ford product and then fail it because she didn't like the way the E-brake worked. Never again, now I pay to have private inspection done.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:52 AM
EdsC6Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'08-'10

I've been to the Freehold inspection location twice. While it's painful to watch, they treated the car with respect. The suspension "jounce" test is brutal on the Vette's tight suspension (shakes the crap out of the car), but overall it was a tolerable experience. No they don't clean the windshield very well before slapping on the new sticker. Good luck.
Old 02-09-2006, 07:54 AM
P626808
Pro

Originally Posted by C5 Curmudgeon
Well, after 4 years, it's time for me to take my C5 in for inspection. I remember that at least one person said they took their C5 there and had no problem.

The question I have is: How did you/they handle the new sticker application. I'd like to be able to completely clean off the residue from the old stickers (I have both the original dealer sticker and a 2 year extension sticker above it).

Any advice?

TIA
Dont do the inspection at all.. If your C5 is a collector car (Not driven more than 3K a year) then you can get a collector car sticker every 2 year.. no inspection.. all they do is read the mileage and put a new sticker on..

I have mine set up that way.. works great..
Old 02-09-2006, 01:00 PM
C5 Curmudgeon
Race Director

Originally Posted by P626808
If your C5 is a collector car (Not driven more than 3K a year) then you can get a collector car sticker every 2 year.. no inspection.. all they do is read the mileage and put a new sticker on..
No can do, it's my DD.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:25 AM
P626808
Pro

ok.. sorry to hear that..
Old 02-10-2006, 10:15 AM
RPOZ4Z
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran

No problems ever in mays landing for me.

last time I went through one of the guys inspecting my car said "if it passes will you do a burnout at the end?"

I said "of course!", and......... it passed!
Old 02-10-2006, 03:30 PM
Wicked Weasel
Team Owner

Received 297 Likes on 94 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'08

Originally Posted by Mr Mojo
I go to a shop in Manasquan and they let me take the sticker off myself as well as apply the new one. I even get to drive the car on the dyno and do the actual test.

did they stop the Dyno test? I thought something about too much liability....

BTW - I drop mine off at my neighbor's shop. easy in and out...
Old 02-10-2006, 09:56 PM
BT-01-vette
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bowtie911
My suggestion is, Don'T Do It. I used the one in Millville and Bridgeton and both times, bad bad bad. Each time had some hippo female employee treat my car like it was it was some just Ford product and then fail it because she didn't like the way the E-brake worked. Never again, now I pay to have private inspection done.

I took mine to Millville a few yrs back and did not have any problems
Old 02-10-2006, 11:47 PM
Mr Mojo
Elite Torch Red Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Cental/South NJ Events Coordinator
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
CI-II Burnout & Drag Champ
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Originally Posted by Wicked Weasel
did they stop the Dyno test? I thought something about too much liability....

BTW - I drop mine off at my neighbor's shop. easy in and out...
I don't know, but they still do it at this shop.

Supposedly OBD II cars don't have to do the dyno, so that's just about every car since 1996. Mine are older.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:28 AM
C5Jimmy
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know about Mays, but the Edison one pissed me off, like the deadpan attitudes on the workers there!

Got yelled at for leaving the "waiting area busstop" !

My truck pulls up, and I get out. The guy goes" I didn't call you yet, get back inside"!

My '96 GMC Jimmy got knocked down for a tiny crack in the corner of the driver's side mirror. Had to spend 200 bucks for a new one. The field of vision was fine! Anyway, it passed everything else. I just went there b/c its close to my work. from now on, its Lodi, or Wayne!

The sticker removal/application was good though!
Old 02-17-2006, 01:11 PM
Fordracer9
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by C5Jimmy
Don't know about Mays, but the Edison one pissed me off, like the deadpan attitudes on the workers there!

Got yelled at for leaving the "waiting area busstop" !

My truck pulls up, and I get out. The guy goes" I didn't call you yet, get back inside"!

My '96 GMC Jimmy got knocked down for a tiny crack in the corner of the driver's side mirror. Had to spend 200 bucks for a new one. The field of vision was fine! Anyway, it passed everything else. I just went there b/c its close to my work. from now on, its Lodi, or Wayne!

The sticker removal/application was good though!
Lodi is just as bad, if not worse. No problems with Paramus or Secaucus.

Get notified of new replies

To Those that have used the NJ inspection station in Mays Landing, please step in...

Quick Reply: Those that have used the NJ inspection station in Mays Landing, please step in...